- Event Location: Marriott Riverwalk
- Alamo Ballroom (2nd Floor)
- Across the street from the San Antonio Grand Hyatt.
- Date: Friday, September 2nd, 2016
- Start Time: TBA
- End Time: TBA
- THEME: TBA
The 2016 Formal Masquerade Dance will be a ticketed event just like our 2015 event. Info about tickets are still being internally discussed. We are considering some major changes on how we handle tickets. We will have everything decided by SUMMER 2016. Asking on our Facebook group on status update on the decisions will be answered with, “When Were Ready.” All decisions will posted on this page.
Below are the 2015 dress code and information. Dress Code changes for the 2016 event are pending by the masquerade dance organizers and may change at a moments notice.
The Masked ball is a formal dance event. All attendees must present a valid convention badge in order to enter this event. All clothing must adhere to standards of style and grooming. To keep the formal and mature atmosphere we also enforce a 13+ age limit at this event.
Acceptable attire for women:
- Dresses must be mid-knee length to floor length.
- Dresses should not be too revealing (low cut, slits that are too high, mid-drift, etc.).
- High-low dresses will be allowed as long as the highest part of the dress is at least knee length.
- Pant suits are allowed.
- Lolita style fashion, traditional eastern dress, and steampunk attire is allowed so long as it adheres to the above mentioned rules.
Examples of acceptable attire for women:
Acceptable Attire for men:
- Tuxedos and suits are highly encouraged.
- Vests, sports coats are also acceptable.
- Dress shirts and ties are required.
- Ethnic dress and steampunk attire will be allowed so long as they adhere to the above mentioned rules.
- Polo shirts, khakis, and t-shirts will not be permitted.
Examples of acceptable attire for men:
Acceptable shoes for men and women:
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- You must have a mask to enter the ball.
- Your mask can not be drawn or painted on.
- Masks on a stick will be acceptable for those with glasses.
- Unacceptable masks include: Monster or Halloween style masks, Military masks (gas masks or tactical gear, etc.), Luchador or other wrestling style masks, Comic or anime character masks, or helmets.
Acceptable masks for women:
Acceptable masks for men:
Cosplay and Props:
- Cosplay will be allowed as long as it adheres to all masquerade attire rules.
- Cosplays must be formal in nature.
- Props longer than arms length are not allowed in.
- No weapons of any sort will be permitted into the ball.
- Wigs will be allowed so long as they are neat and tidy.
This can be a sensitive subject for many a con-goer, but this is a fancy occasion. Please put EXTRA effort into personal hygiene. Take a shower before you get dressed. Brush your teeth, use mouth wash, gum, or a mint. Use lots of deodorant! However, do not drench yourself in body spray, perfume or cologne. Use it sparingly.
- Press will be allowed entry into the ball.
- Must have appropriate “Press Badge” to be allowed entry.
- Press do not have to be dressed in formal attire but please try to at least dress nice.