PDA

View Full Version : New here (hi!) and a question.

Jaikain
05-01-2012, 06:55 PM
The other subforums didn't look like the right place for this (to me, anyways) so I'll put this here.

First, I want to say hello! I'm Jaikain (Jay-kane) and am looking forward to going to San Japan this year. I'd heard a lot of good things about it, but could never fit it into my convention schedule previously (Animefest being too close to it for me financially). This year, however, we're skipping A-fest to come hang out and meet everyone here!

Second, I host an anime podcast that we started at the beginning of the year. We record once every two weeks and after my producer throws a fit at me at all the editing he has to do, gets put online for anyone who would like to hear.

One of the things we tried to do at a previous convention was get interviews from attendees, artists, cosplayers, and anyone willing that was at the convention. It's not very long, usually a few questions about the con, what you are looking forward to seeing, anything interesting that may have already occurred... we really don't want to take up too much of anyone's time, we're all here to have fun after all.

Unfortunately, the reception we got there was a lot of angry looks and people traveling in groups that brushed by without any acknowledgement that they heard me. I didn't even have any recording equipment for the interviews (it wasn't ready in time), so it was just me wandering around trying to meet people. At other cons, I've always loved doing this. Sure, there's always the chance no one wants to make a new friend (:(), but there's a whole convention of people to wander about!

So, in my own long winded way of getting around to the question (I have a bad habit of rambling...), what is the atmosphere for San Japan like? Would anyone here mind a quick interview for a podcast? And most importantly, anyone here want to be a new friend? ^.^

If you want to listen to any of the previous podcast episodes we've done (I keep saying we, because there's four of us behind microphones each show, but there's only one me >.>) you can hop over to anime-outcast.com (http://anime-outcast.com) and listen. We will do a Post San Japan Show as well.

Okay, I've rambled enough... if you made it to the end, thanks! :biggrin:

Totakeke
05-01-2012, 09:42 PM
The atmosphere on the forum is pretty laid back, at the con, it depends on people's scheduling, but it is generally relaxed. Most the attendees seem to be willing to mingle from my experiences.

As for interviews, good luck, but I wouldn't mind doing one.

Mister Hicks
05-02-2012, 01:23 AM
I immediately like you, simply because I too am a host (and producer) of a podcast, but it's about video games (http://nerdemic.com/tag/bside/). When it comes to crowds I would certainly say San Japan has some of the friendliest around, just try to not block any lines, for Safety Reasons.

Proof of that was there was actually a film crew out at our convention last year, interviewing people and stuff. I think that alone proves it enough. I wish people would give me time to record them talking about stuff, but granted I'm always to busy to even bother to ask (since I'm a staffer). As for me personally, you can interview me if you really want to, but try not to bother me if you see me pushing a cart, that means it food delivery times. :B

altair
05-02-2012, 07:59 AM
You aren't the first person attending San Japan looking for interviews. Last time I went, some random dude waltzed up to me and asked me and my friends for an interview. We were kinda busy doing our own stuff but we agreed because the guy was very polite. Everyone at San Japan is pretty laid back from my experience. I have yet to get negative looks or harsh words slinged at me. So you won't have any trouble getting interviews or making friends as long as you're mindful and polite.

Puritysan
05-03-2012, 04:38 PM
Posting on the forum is an excellent way to find people who will actually look for you to do the interviews. :D

merus322
07-08-2012, 02:04 AM
Purity is correct~ There is the occasional jerk, but for the most part, it's a fairly welcoming con. I've only been to it twice, but it's pretty easy to fit in with everyone~ I'd happily do an interview if i bump into you during the con~ I never have a real schedule for these anyways~ Either way, i wish you the best of luck in your endeavors and with your podcasts ^ ^

Fox
07-08-2012, 02:57 AM
From what I know its pretty friendly. And i wouldnt mind an interview if ya want :3

Jaikain
07-10-2012, 04:13 PM
We're packing up the crew and heading down there on Thursday morning and will be there through Monday-ish.

Thinking about doing another gift card/certificate contest like we did at A-Kon (details for this one not hammered out yet). Our video of interviews and con-going to A-Kon is on our front page if you'd like to see how we did it in June at http://www.anime-outcast.com

Fox (and anyone else wanting to), email me at jaikain@anime-outcast.com and we can set up a time and place to do an interview :)

Thanks for all the feedback and help! Really excited to go (one month away!).

docsven
07-10-2012, 05:55 PM
It is a great atmosphere for what you want to do. Just keep doing what you are doing by being polite and respecting everyone's wishes and you cannot go wrong! Welcome to our show and I for one look forward to meeting you if you catch me walking around./DOC

Jaikain
08-08-2012, 02:46 PM
I'm looking forward to finding and talking to you too Proz. If your pic is your costume, I'll be on the hunt for you.

Also, if anyone here happens to see a 6'3" Kaito (vocaloid, blue hair, white trench) walking around (with or without camera stand and equipment) as well, that's most likely me. Feel free to flag me down if you see me!

You can also get a hold of me all weekend through email (my phone pings me whenever I get one) at jaikain@anime-outcast.com

Should be a lot of fun! See everyone there!

ThePlayboyBunny
08-09-2012, 12:41 AM
I'm down for an interview. One Email headed your way