PDA

View Full Version : Anime Murder Mystery

amara
06-07-2012, 06:19 PM
The below information is subject to change based on any last minute issues.

How We're Playing This Year:

This year there will NOT be a sign up sheet. I'll be choosing volunteers from the line.
Based on room size and crowds, we may run TWO 30-minute games again.
This is an entirely new version of the shows. Improv is key.
A lot more audience participation.
Two different characters hosting.
Thank you candy and (maybe, manga!) for all people helping.
13 participants per game (cosplayers and audience members).

THE TYPES OF PARTICIPANTS:
(2)MURDERERS - They decide which characters to kill to confuse the audience
(4)DECOYS - Their jobs are to look super suspicious and make the audience accuse them of murder
(2)REGS - Their jobs are to tell the truth whenever called on.
(2) FREE AGENTS - they can decide to be a decoy or reg, and this can change during each turn.
(3) PLANTS - They protect the murderers. They throw suspicion back on anyone. They must corrupt their fellow audience members.

HOW DOES THE GAME GO?:
1. Game Intro
2. Turn players around. Murderers choose 1 person to kill (trying to get rid of REGs).
3. Audience randomly gets to choose one person to save.
4. Report if they saved a person/a person died.
5. Allow questions for 3 minutes - questions have to be directed to one character.
6. Audience accusation of who is a murderer
7. Reveal if the person accused is a murderer or not. (person is “killed” and out of the game).
8. Repeat steps 2-7 until 3-4 people are left or murderers are all found.

Any questions, suggestions, or death threats?

docsven
06-13-2012, 02:57 PM
I have always LOVED this idea! Let me know if there is anything I or my staff can do to help. This year I am really going to try and make it in person./DOC

amara
06-15-2012, 05:52 PM
Your staff does enough docsven, and we can't wait to have you. You may have to abuse your authority to sneak in though; we've gotten pretty crowded the last couple of years. :)

amara
07-21-2012, 09:01 PM
Hint for all you guys. Our costume theme (and probable game theme, but no promises!) is a modern twist and dressy. I will be wandering around in impossibly high heels, especially considering I am a klutz.

Updating info of the game in the top post. :)

RabidChocoholic
07-26-2012, 11:47 PM
Last year's was great so I know it'll be full of awesome and hopefully I can witness it again :D

amara
07-27-2012, 06:06 AM
I'm so happy that you thought it was great last year! Grey and I try to put a special twist on the game every year to keep it from getting boring. Because boring games are truly no fun.