PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Need Cosplay Ideas!

KittyUncaged
06-22-2012, 08:23 PM
My boyfriend is moving to San Antonio and coming with me to San Japan (YAY!!). Keep in mind he lives out of town and arriving only a week before the con. I want us to cosplay as a couple but all my ideas are either too complicated or WAY over used. We will wear wigs if needed, I have waist-long dark brown hair, brown eyes, and hispanic (if that helps at all). He is 2 inches taller, short brown hair, green eyes, and white complected. My costume can be more complicated but his needs to be easy. Please leave names of each character and name of anime! THANK YOU!!!

ErazDod
06-22-2012, 08:25 PM
If you don't mind video games, you can always be a Minecraft character. Just get a cube-shaped cardboard box and paint it like the head of whatever you want to cosplay as. There are a lot of different choices from that game alone.

KittyUncaged
06-22-2012, 08:29 PM
Yes! Love video games. Was originally going as Tira 2p from Soul Calibur 5 but we waited to long. Thanks for the suggestion! Although cardboard box isn't what i had in mind lol

ErazDod
06-22-2012, 08:33 PM
It's what I plan on doing. XD I was a human-style Creeper for Mizuumi Con earlier this year, and all I did was take the box, paint a layer of green paint over it, and glue squares of construction paper over it to give the pixelated effect. It worked well, except that as the day went on the paint fumes gave me a headache, but I think that's because I didn't let it dry long enough. I still have my Creeper head, so that's proof that cardboard is sturdier than it looks. :P

I'm going to be making an Enderman head for San Japan with pretty much the same method, so if you do plan on doing a Minecraft thing feel free to ask me for advice or whatever.

KittyUncaged
06-27-2012, 08:51 PM
Ran it by with my bf and we both agree, it'd sort of be disgracing cosplay if we were to cosplay someone or something from a game/anime we haven't played/watched. But thanks ^_^ I'll be sure to say thanks up front if I see an Enderman walking around =p

anime_drizzt
06-27-2012, 10:27 PM
Here is an idea. If you have the time for it. Have you seen Zero No Tuskaima? I don't remember seeing either a Saito or Louise that would be a great couple to go as. The best part at least for this year since time is a factor is Saito (the male character) can be found and purchased online for a fair price. Then you could concentrate on working on your side of the costume. Hope that helps :)

P.S. Another idea would be Moka and Tsukune from Rosario+Vampire and you can actually buy both of those online if I'm not mistaken.