PDA

View Full Version : What's on your plate for cosplay?

RedeadDie
10-16-2010, 08:00 PM
What cosplay are you currently tackling with?

Give us an update on how you current cosplay is turning out!

KittyAnne7152
10-17-2010, 11:11 AM
Currently the only thing I am actually working on is Vince from the Mighty Boosh. In fact, I've pretty much finished the costume (just one popped seam to re-sew).
Now I'm going to twiddle my thumbs until Ikkicon.
I need to stop making my costumes so far ahead...
Although, Vince is also my Halloween costume, so I needed to get it finished. And then, the only other costumes I had planned for Ikkicon were the Doctor, which has been finished for a long time, Ted from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, which was a closet cosplay essentially.

happygoldfish
10-17-2010, 02:05 PM
Currently working hard on Valus from Shadow of the Colossus. Still much to be done and the resin I use for it is so expensive; wish I could get a deal from the company that makes it. Hoping to have it done for Akon. I would like to have it done for Ikkicon, but it looks like I won't have the time or money to make that happen. Can't wait to be done with it and move on to cosplays that are actually fun to make.

RedeadDie
10-18-2010, 11:16 AM
Ah, so many good cosplays happening this October and for Ikkicon!

As for myself, I'm working on Austria from Hetalia and am planning to have it done before Halloween. Tonight, I should finish the pattern drafting and template muslin drapping for it. I'm also starting plans on Tyson from Beyblade.

Currently the only thing I am actually working on is Vince from the Mighty Boosh. In fact, I've pretty much finished the costume (just one popped seam to re-sew). You sir/ma'am win for epicness with that cosplay.

Dahnei
10-18-2010, 11:47 AM
I'm going to take on a Hohenheim Cosplay from FMA. Then I might take on Blaine from Pokemon or another Gym leader for my group cosplay. :3

xHectic
10-18-2010, 02:20 PM
I just finished my Denmark costume, and just in time for International Hetalia Day. I just need to do a few finishing touches on the wig and I'll be set. Other than Denmark I am working on my Chris Redfield cosplay. I'll be cosplaying as him from the Resident Evil 5 video game and I hope to have him done by A-Kon and San Japan, or Anime Matsuri if I end up going to that.

Yaaay, Austria. :D

RedeadDie
10-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Then I might take on Blaine from Pokemon or another Gym leader for my group cosplay. :3ANYONE who cosplays a Gym leader, doesn't matter who, is awesome. Way to be one with Pokemon!

RedeadDie
10-18-2010, 02:22 PM
I just finished my Denmark costume, and just in time for International Hetalia Day.

Yaaay, Austria. :D

Yay Denmark! You're tempting me to make me finish up my revised Netherlands. XD I actually think myself and my older sister will be Belgium and Netherlands again for Hetalia Day in San Antonio.

Yuuto
10-18-2010, 03:19 PM
I want to start on making either a Fancy Mel cosplay (or possibly Ruenis) from Threads of Fate or make a sugar glider kigu. So I can take mah babehs with me in my pouch. XD
Either way I still have to wait another 2 months because I'm not getting my sewing machine until Christmas. ;o; Not that it would really matter seeing as I haven't used a sewing machine in over 6 years.

Pika-Neko
10-18-2010, 07:42 PM
Right now I'm working on some super secret cosplays to be worn at Oni-Con on Saturday. One of them is a KH cosplay and will be done with my cosplay group, the other is Vocaloid related and will be a two person group done with my buddy Gloria. ^^ I'll be starting work on Death the Kid, and Minnish cap Link soon too.

xHectic
10-18-2010, 10:28 PM
Yay Denmark! You're tempting me to make me finish up my revised Netherlands. XD I actually think myself and my older sister will be Belgium and Netherlands again for Hetalia Day in San Antonio.

That'd be awesome! If you do go, I look forward to seeing you and your sister. My brother wanted to be Iceland but we couldn't get his stuff in time. : ( But either way' it'll be fun! This'll actually be my first time ever cosplaying. xD

PandaHarte
10-18-2010, 10:30 PM
Maaah-mah, I've got a couple lined up, mainly through a group cosplay. :P One is a super-secret cosplay for Oni-con, another secret for Ikki-con, and next year I'll be hard at work at making Black Star. As of now, my Sasuke cosplay needs to be revamped a little: make a better wrap, belt, and better shoes. I'm considering getting the Sharingan eyes, but dunno for sure.

As far as other cosplays go...I'm still in talks with my cosplay group. :P Because they're amazing at convincing me to do cosplays I would never have done to begin with.

Totakeke
10-18-2010, 11:31 PM
I've got a mainstay or two I can always break out, but I really need to come up with something new.

RedeadDie
10-19-2010, 01:12 AM
Everyone, your cosplay goals and stuff you got planned makes me feel so happy. It's good to see there are plenty of passionate cosplayers within our San-Japan family.

As for myself, I just finished spending five hours sketching and then drapping muslin for my Austria cosplay. It's going to be tailored so well. Now, I just have to copy the fabric pieces to some butcher paper to finish up my pattern and then I can start cutting some twill and lining material for the actual jacket. This is going so quick that I'm overly excited!

xHectic
10-19-2010, 01:49 AM
I look forward to seeing it! I fail at sewing and anything else having to do with arts and crafts. >.< My wig for Denmark is soooo bad.

Ito_Nakahara
10-19-2010, 08:54 PM
>///< Dressing as Tess from princess AI, I did dress up last year as Ito Miura-san but um....it kinda sucked as a costume >///< second time going if I save up my money! I am hoping my costume comes out looking very well this time

KittyAnne7152
10-19-2010, 09:54 PM
You sir/ma'am win for epicness with that cosplay.

I think in light of the fact that it's a Mighty Boosh costume, sir is rather appropriate. XD
But thank you! I'm very excited.

RedeadDie
10-19-2010, 10:08 PM
I look forward to seeing it! I fail at sewing and anything else having to do with arts and crafts. >.< My wig for Denmark is soooo bad.Hmmm? I'm excellent with spiky wigs/dying wigs. Especially those similar to Denmark. *points to link of Netherlands wig http://redeaddie.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2g4y3r * If you want to comission me for making a Denmark wig, I should have no problem with that.

I think in light of the fact that it's a Mighty Boosh costume, sir is rather appropriate. XD
But thank you! I'm very excited.Mighty Boosh is just awesome. So want to make their Zoo Keeper jackets.

pyramidheadgirl
10-21-2010, 02:35 AM
well for Halloween im gonna dress up as one of the High Hats from The Warriors and for cosplays i want to see about making a Lolita Nurse costume for a con ^^

xHectic
10-21-2010, 03:08 AM
Hmmm? I'm excellent with spiky wigs/dying wigs. Especially those similar to Denmark. *points to link of Netherlands wig http://redeaddie.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2g4y3r * If you want to comission me for making a Denmark wig, I should have no problem with that.

O~O How did I miss this? That wig looks awesome! I'll most likely request a commission because I /really/ need a better wig than what I have now. It's...able to make one cringe. -Pets the fail!wig- XD

RedeadDie
10-21-2010, 03:13 AM
Well if you'd like to commission me, just ask. Any specific Denmark style you want? (You can send me your fav pics of Denmark if you'd like.) We'll talk and I'll give ya an estimate of my commission price. I usually just charge you for the wig price and maybe ten to fifthteen bucks more for labor. I'm not a stickler.

Btw, that wig use to look like a Tamaki from Ouran High wig before I re-cute and styled it to its current state.

xHectic
10-21-2010, 03:26 AM
Could I...could I ask now? xD I'm so horrible at doing anything creative with wigs. I just like to get things done and stuff so when I get the wig, I'll put it in like a protective box somewhere in my room. (Not really, but I have people nagging at me for Denmark pictures but I can't get any without a wig) And yeah. So whenever we can discuss the price, I'd love to. ^^' The standard Denmark style is what I'm looking for, though. ( http://i.animecrazy.net/kieee.jpg )

And seriously? o.o Wow. My wig looks like Denmark with a very bad hair day... A really bad hair day.

Pika-Neko
10-21-2010, 09:33 AM
Haha! I almost forgot that I have an Axel wig to style before Oni-Con. I need to wash it out and start over though, two of the top spikes are uneven and it bugs me. >.< The middle spike looks pretty though. *pokes spike*

Tesu
10-21-2010, 02:35 PM
because of my friend Hime-sama, i've gotten rather interested in steam punk, so i'm working on various things, the most bothersome at the moment is a pair of goggles with iris's(hmm this post is bothering my grammar senses, but fukkit)

right now i'm trying to figure out though if i want to do str8 steam punk, or do a version of a favored character. :D

Don't suppose anyone has some tips do they, in general that is lol

RedeadDie
10-21-2010, 03:02 PM
Could I...could I ask now? xD I'm so horrible at doing anything creative with wigs. I just like to get things done and stuff so when I get the wig, I'll put it in like a protective box somewhere in my room. (Not really, but I have people nagging at me for Denmark pictures but I can't get any without a wig) And yeah. So whenever we can discuss the price, I'd love to. ^^' The standard Denmark style is what I'm looking for, though. ( http://i.animecrazy.net/kieee.jpg )

And seriously? o.o Wow. My wig looks like Denmark with a very bad hair day... A really bad hair day. Hahaha, alright I'll start working on it by November if that's alright with you. I can't really get it to you by Hetalia day, sorry about that. When do you need it by?

xHectic
10-21-2010, 03:49 PM
That's fine. ^^ It's no rush, really. I'm just going to work a bit more with the wig I have now and see if I can make it look a bit more Denmark-y. I really appreciate it! I don't have anything coming up this year after Hetalia Day so it's no big rush. I was just planning on taking a butt load of pictures once I got a real wig. xD So any time would be fine, really.

RedeadDie
10-21-2010, 04:44 PM
Alright sounds good. It should only take me a month if the shipping for the base of the wig comes in on time.

xHectic
10-21-2010, 04:54 PM
Awesome! Looking forward to it. : )

-- 10/25/10 (Because I don't wanna double post. xD)
I'm thinking about adding a third cosplay to my list for San Japan and A-Kon, or any other event I happen to go to next year. The only problem is, is that my second cosplay (Chris Redfield) is going to be pretty expensive. I know Resident Evil isn't the most popular thing at a convention, which is the reason why I kinda wanna add a third character to my list. I just don't know who yet. ._.

amara
10-26-2010, 08:24 PM
Midori from .hack//Cell is my current cosplay project for Ikkicon.

I'm looking into Sakura from Tsubasa too. We'll see what I can produce in the time constraints I'm looking at.

ErazDod
10-27-2010, 08:41 AM
I would love to make a cosplay for Sho Minamimoto from TWEWY, or anyone from there for that matter, but I have zero sewing skills and their clothes look so complicated >.> plus i never have time for cosplay stuff T_T
I think I could make one tho, I just have no idea where to go to get clothing or whatever that I need to alter...or how to alter it for that matter

if worst comes to worst tho, I always have my kimono for Zetsubou Sensei xP

drift king
10-28-2010, 09:28 PM
ok.... for once im going to make my own cosplay WITH a sewing machine. -crosses fingers that it comes out well- my rumble fighter cosplay is basicly going to look like tifas outfit in final fansty advent children mixed with a little bit of greed from fullmetal alchemist (if i could i would make the american alchemist outfit but thats tooooooo much money and toooo much detal unlike the korean alchemist outfit that thing is insane). but with a sleeve on the left arm and a custom made design on the back (thats is IF i can find it) and maybe a a sword or a shield (the sword wont come out untill san japan. the shield is easy to make i just need to find pictures of it. but making 2 of them is going to be extremely hard and is going to be insane.) and also..... IF anybody sees me in a lolita dress please slap me. apperently there is a thing called brolita idk what it is but to me its like guy + girls dress = brolita. and thats about it...... and i have yet to make anything. because i lost all my drawings on how to make everything! ugh! ~.~

RedeadDie
10-31-2010, 12:52 PM
I would love to make a cosplay for Sho Minamimoto from TWEWY, or anyone from there for that matter, but I have zero sewing skills and their clothes look so complicated >.> plus i never have time for cosplay stuff T_T
I think I could make one tho, I just have no idea where to go to get clothing or whatever that I need to alter...or how to alter it for that matter

if worst comes to worst tho, I always have my kimono for Zetsubou Sensei xPSho's is probably one of the easiest to make out of the group of TWEWY people. (I'm planning on making his too, so I did some research.) There are more patterns out there and easier to alter, than some of the other characters out there, for his coat. I believe I saw his hat at some urban store. (Not Urban outfitters, more of a hip-hop(ish) store.) That or you could probably find a tutoral on how to make it on cosplay.com forums.

My sister and her friend completely made their Beat and Rhyme cosplays from scratch and they had to do A LOT of work. (Especially with figuring out the patterns.)

RedeadDie
11-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Omg...here's my total so far for what I've spent on my materials for Austria.

-$42 Navy Blue Twill
-$18 Satin Blue Lining
-$12 Large Golden Buttons
-$17 Lace Trim/Fabric
-$1 Blue Thread

And the total adds up to $90 Oh cosplay burns such a hole in the pocket. Though, I usually rack up to over $150 on sewing materials, so this is good.

I still need the following on my this list to finish getting all the parts together for my Austria cosplay.

-$20-30 Wig (Already picked it out, just need to order it.)
-$??? Gold trim
-$??? Boots
-$??? Decorations/Alterations for boots
-$2-3 Glasses (Easy to find at the Dollar Store. Just need to get a wire frame and cut them.)

KittyAnne7152
11-02-2010, 05:23 PM
Ha, God, I know. The Doctor has sucked so much of my money. Now that you added yours all up, it made me curious. Let's see. Counting all of the failures and remakes:
First Suit: $20
Wig (before I cut my hair): $30
Converse: $45
Second Suit: $30
First Coat: $32
Sonic Screwdriver: $20
Second Coat: $34
Third Suit: $70
So, that adds up to... gosh. $281. @-@
And that's not counting shipping.

RedeadDie
11-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Geebus! My sisu didn't pay as near as much for her Tenth cosplay.

Oh oh! Just got some more stuff in for my Austria cosplay...
-$32 Boots (They're awesome and easy to alter and sew into. Thank you Rue 21!)
-$3.50 Glasses (Actually bought three altogether for that amount. Trying out which one looks closest to his.)

So now the total for this cosplay is rounded up to $126. Still pretty cheap compared to my usual $150-200. I'll order my wig tonight and get my gold trim a bit later this month,

KittyAnne7152
11-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Ha, as Tampopo said, most of the money went into failures. And I've gotten to a point where my slavish devotion to screen accuracy has taken control of my mind.

RedeadDie
11-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Oh yeah, I know the failures are more costly than the actual cosplay at times. I've gone through three Xemnas wigs until I was happy with the one I have. (Even though I've recently retired the cosplay.) Gone through two Saix wigs I didn't like and trying out a third. Also, a dozen or so Luffy wigs. (Gawd, and I barely wear that cosplay.) Then there was that Final Form Xemnas I ended up trashing cause I wasn't happy with it.

Kk, just got my wig ordered and plus the shipping it is around $35. So my new total is $161. Sounds about right for me. I usually go all out when I make cosplays.

All I need is the trim, which I'll probably get next month.

xHectic
11-03-2010, 07:34 PM
I have so many things I need to get for Chris' Resident Evil 5 attire. The shirt, straps, belt, pants, fake weapons, the B.S.A.A. emblem patch, ect. ect. ect. There is just so much I need to do for him. I'm not going to bother with a wig for him. I'm just going to get my hair cut like his. All I know is he is going to cost well over $100.

RedeadDie
11-04-2010, 12:04 AM
Hahaha! You know what's funny that I forgot to add to my list for my Austria cosplay? His pants! But I figured out I don't have to spend a cent for his pants. I have plenty of khaki twill leftover from an earlier project and I have two patterns for simple pants stashed away. Yay for me hanging onto everything!

Anyways, here's my update pictures for my Austria cosplay everyone...

This is the pattern I drafted/drapped myself.
http://redeaddie.deviantart.com/#/d324lpu
This is my sewing work so far after a few hours.
http://redeaddie.deviantart.com/#/d324lpu

Swirlingvortexofdoom
11-05-2010, 01:00 PM
Tobi :) I plan on one day doing Madara if I can lol

Pika-Neko
11-06-2010, 11:36 AM
Well I'm planning to be England for ikkicon, but I'm pretty sure that'll just be a nice trip to the army surplus store. I <3 the army surplus store. =D I'm starting work on my two new cosplays for Anime Matsuri soon though. I'm going to be Minnish Cap Link and Chibitalia. =D So excited!

DezzyDiamond
11-07-2010, 11:03 AM
For Anime Matsuri (Anime field trip and I'm one of two who can sew!)
~Sloth (female)
~gluttony with the portal
~roy mustang
~bradley
~Ed with a metal arm ^_^
~Lust touchups

In general

~Okoi (new belt and band on kimono top)
~motoko remade (really dont like my current one)
~Dark Rukia
~Pikachu Finished! just need my spandex shorts!

cameraphobia
11-15-2010, 09:18 PM
I'll be going 1-2 days as Dead Master, I have less then whats needed as now
Have-
~Dress
~Shoes
~Wig
Need-
~Wings
~Scythe
~Contacts
~Bolero

KittyAnne7152
11-15-2010, 09:46 PM
I am making my friend a Yotsuba wig.
Four way back part... here I come. *sigh*

ForgottenXul
01-10-2011, 03:50 PM
Masks, masks and more masks for me. Idk what it is with me and wearing a mask, it just feels "right" but this year I really want to be Rorschach from "Watchmen" but I have no idea on what to do for his mask :confused:

Blitzkrieg
01-10-2011, 07:03 PM
So far just Godot (normal and Jazz version) and possibly Grandpa Rome.
But thats it.

Stocking Anarchy
01-11-2011, 11:39 PM
I'm thinking Suwako Moriya (Touhou), Stocking (Panty and Stocking) and Battler Ushiromiya (Umineko).
Possibly Canada (Hetalia) as well?

KittyAnne7152
01-12-2011, 04:19 PM
I'm about to order fabric to make a new suit! This will be the fourth I've made, but miraculously it won't be for the Tenth Doctor!
...unless I decided to take a slight liberty with Phoenix Wright's costume in order to save money and use the suit for both (it's the same shade of blue, the Doctor's blue suit just has red pinstripes).
I'll probably make two separate suits though, just because the cuts are slightly different, etc.

I am also trying to wrap my head around how to make my own rugby shirt for Steve. I'll probably get a light green shirt and paint the dark green stripes onto it. Then I need to find or make myself some khaki pants and find a brown belt.

Then I'll start saving for Ult. I need about $60 to get started with at least the base latex suit. Making my own out of liquid latex. lol, that's the thing about latex costuming, you have to order everything from fetish sites pretty much. Only slightly awkward...
Dunno how I'm going to get the money though. I might start doing commissions.
Err... anyone need a costume? I'm good, I swear!

Pika-Neko
01-13-2011, 07:04 PM
Right now I'm mainly focusing on Anime Matsuri Cosplay. I just bought a pattern and material for my Minnish cap link cosplay. I already have a white pair of tights and a light green undershirt, so just gotta make his tunic and hat. The hat is gonna be fun to do, hooray for use of wire to make it stand up! =D Hmmm, got my skirt for chibitalia just gotta dye it a darker green and get a light green shirt and then make an apron. I also need to keep an eye out for black blazers. Don't really need it till after Matsuri, but I need a blazer that fits me to use as a base for my Death the Kid cosplay. I have a blazer in my closet......but its huge now that I've lost weight. O.O

Ceeney
01-30-2011, 10:32 AM
going to start my Dead Master from Black Rock Shooter for A-Kon/San Japan soon QAQ
hopefully I can make her giant scythe, ohoho

INVEESABLE
01-30-2011, 10:46 AM
I'm piecing together a Lolita outfit (most of it from ebay, I feel lazy this year) I do plan to make the shoes and a little something something for fun to go with it ;3

ErazDod
01-30-2011, 11:26 PM
Colonello from Reborn! ^^ but i've kinda gotten the urge to crossplay this year ^^;;

AkiThePRNinja
04-15-2011, 02:59 PM
Oh man. I've got too much going on for this convention. @ @ This is my checklist as of last week, not including my ninjaHELL! work:

- My Big Sister costume is still only a sketch and some measurements. I'm flat broke, so supplies are basically whatever I can scrounge up right now.
- The resin I need for my Witch claws takes a month to mail, and it's really expensive for its size. That means I'm gonna have to save up for it, which is only gonna make the time crunch that much worse. ><
- I'm absolutely DYING to do either Crimson Viper from Street Fighter or Harley Quinn from Arkham City. I'm kinda torn between the two right now.

Anyone else absolutely buried?

StarChan
04-15-2011, 08:13 PM
I'm still working on Tsuna from KHR, I need a sweater vest & tie.

&& My Meiko, I just need her outfit then im done.

lattin12
04-15-2011, 08:20 PM
I have my kitara and tamaki costumes done (thanks for halloween) but for spinelli and Meg, they are currently pieces of fabric hiding in a closet cuz of school....

BleachAnimeFreak1980
04-16-2011, 12:44 AM
Been working on a Genma cosplay for a while, it's been a bit rough, since this is the first one I've been trying to do myself, lol.

KittyAnne7152
04-16-2011, 09:58 PM
Jim jams! And for those of you who are like "huh?" they look like this:
http://hclairezone.tripod.com/david/spoil1.jpg
I'm also working on two commissions, Isaac from Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, and my very first Tenth Doctor commssion! I'm making the blue suit, and am dyeing the fabric myself. Can't wait! ^w^
And still Ult. Might not finish before A-Kon though...

happygoldfish
04-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Still struggling with how to make a jumpsuit for my colossus that will hold heavy stuff being glued to it. I made several pieces of armour and forgot that they actually had to wearable *facepalm* Yeah.... kinda shot myself in the foot on that...

lattin12
04-18-2011, 01:20 AM
How do you guys get time to make your costumes beawesome?

RedeadDie
04-18-2011, 01:52 PM
How do you guys get time to make your costumes beawesome?Are you asking everyone in general?

lattin12
04-19-2011, 12:21 AM
Are you asking everyone in general?

uh... yeah I guess I just am amazed how the costumes are handmade yet they look good...

KittyAnne7152
04-19-2011, 09:26 AM
It's the love and devotion in every stitch! XD
And the years of costume design classes, those have helped too...

RedeadDie
04-19-2011, 11:57 PM
uh... yeah I guess I just am amazed how the costumes are handmade yet they look good...I sewed for five years, then took some small classes, then went to college where they made me do it perfectly. XD And $30,000 later I'm happy with what I have. Now, I'm learning to make/fix/alter all sorts of things at a costume shop.

lattin12
04-20-2011, 06:55 PM
I sewed for five years, then took some small classes, then went to college where they made me do it perfectly. XD And $30,000 later I'm happy with what I have. Now, I'm learning to make/fix/alter all sorts of things at a costume shop.

So cool :)... My $30,000 college went to wildlife studies :)

RedeadDie
04-20-2011, 11:19 PM
So cool :)... My $30,000 college went to wildlife studies :)DUDE! That's awesome too! Something to do with animals was second on my list for a career. Love animals.

darkwolfalika
05-05-2011, 09:35 PM
I suck at sewing so I am just wishing they will stay together and look okay.
Oh,and I need to get and color a pair of wings,style a wig slightly,and make ears and a tail

luaradawn
07-04-2011, 06:21 PM
right now i'm taking on johan anderson from yu-gi-oh gx
well and lets just say i have to restart i messed up on his vest and have to remake it
i'm currently also working on a secret cosplay
i'm confused with the pattern

so ya it's going great:(

EdenX
07-11-2011, 03:05 PM
I'm currently doing a new body suit for my Morrigan out of leather. Re-doing the Chest armor for my Sesshomaru and both swords. The shield sword, & 2 costumes ( different versions) for sophia from soul calibur and Mai Shiranui.

If you guys would like to see some of my costumes, commissions or progress I post everything up here http://ooedenxoo.deviantart.com/

or on my FB fan page http://www.facebook.com/pages/EdenX-Cosplay/154070361274668
:smile:

happygoldfish
07-11-2011, 09:50 PM
@ EdenX
Your Sesshomaru cosplay is so awesome! I hope I can get a pic of you at San Japan! :3

EdenX
07-11-2011, 10:18 PM
@ EdenX
Your Sesshomaru cosplay is so awesome! I hope I can get a pic of you at San Japan! :3
Thankyas!! :cool:

teru_no_hime
07-12-2011, 02:13 PM
Hmmm, let's seee....

Princess Tiana:
-New tiara, though I do like the jimmy-rigged one we made last year
-need a dress bag for the gown and the petticoat; I'm so happy I found a second-hand store that sells them
-Shoes? idk. Small bag for carrying things in? Probably.

Rochelle:
-shirt. How come I could find this dang Depeche Mode shirt everywhere a year ago, now I can only find one for, like, 24 bucks? Ridiculous.
-Weapons. Need to find some REALLY cheap guns that I'm okay with destroying permanently and maybe some melee weapons.
-Health pack. Got a friend who's gonna make me one~

Silent Hill Nurse:
-Uniform. Gotta stop being lazy and order that dang uniform!
-Mask. Gauze... need gauze...
-"Lead Pipe". PVC, awaaaay!

I also need to get my hair extensions, but, like the rest of my props, I'll probably get them the week of.

minimoni96
07-14-2011, 08:23 PM
right now, my magnet!miku cosplay is all done. i just need my ukraine wig and my hetalia cosplay shall be complete. :3

DaRk-x-sMiLe
01-05-2012, 07:54 PM
Currently working on my Gothic Lolita outfit~ I hope it comes out well. Working on making the skirt myself with the help of my mom~ ^^

RedeadDie
01-11-2012, 01:30 AM
So far my list consists of making my Jareth and my friend's Sarah cosplays first. All the while working out to fit Kuja's form. A month before San-Japan, I shall start the sewing work on my Kuja cosplay.

After San-Japan, I want to start work again on my King Varian Wrynn cosplay for Blizzcon 2013.

Jade-Xe
01-11-2012, 04:59 PM
Well, let's seeee, for San Japan I have quite a lot of projects, for myself and others.
For me: MLP's Rarity's Gala Gown
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110629131741/mlp/images/b/b6/Rarity%27s_gala_dress.png
Poison Ivy (Animated Series version, with a few modifications)
http://www.lifeofthepartyftc.com/deadlygarden-blogspot/animation/deadlygarden-blogspot-btas-modelsheet-tn.jpg
Adventure Time's Lumpy Space Princess gijinka/humanization
http://images.wikia.com/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/9/9f/Lumpy_Space.png

For my friend: CLANNAD's Fuko's jacket
http://www.kawapaper.com/d/10644-3/Kawapaper_Clannad_0000068_1024x768.jpg
Vocaloid's Rin Servant of Evil Dress
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_blar30S6XGs/TF25FUViQzI/AAAAAAAAADM/bPUNL02PizU/s400/collage+face+flog.jpg

Commissions:
Homestuck's Prospit Jade
http://rumminov.tumblr.com/post/12098417562/heres-jade-i-know-a-few-people-were-looking
Homestuck's Derse Dreamer Dave
http://rumminov.tumblr.com/post/14963700721/dave-and-bonus-fancy-cal
Homestuck's Derse Dreamer Cal (prop for Dave)
http://rumminov.tumblr.com/post/15234040980/someone-actually-requested-this-i-figured-i-might

So yeah, got a lot on my plate, along with my second semester of college, but if I start now I think I should be able to manage it! First project will probably be my LSP dress, looking to go buy the supplies tomorrow.~

www.jadecreates.tumblr.com/tagged/cosplay is a good place to look to see my past and future work! (It's my craft/art tumblr). My main is www.jade-xe.tumblr.com , follow me or send me an ask!

Nat
01-12-2012, 08:47 PM
For San Japan I hope to have three cosplays done. An Imperial from Skyrim, Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII (though I might do her alternate Parasite Eve outfit from Dissidia 012), and Rhyme from The World Ends With You.

I want to try out Quorra from Tron: Legacy, Cain from Starfighter, Akihiko Usagi from Junjou Romantica, and Reno from Final Fantasy VII though soooo I might give those a try for Omnicon and San Japan. Maybe the next year for SJ6 or other 2013 cons.
I've got too many on my mind right now. Px

Jade-Xe
01-13-2012, 12:30 PM
Well, let's seeee, for San Japan I have quite a lot of projects, for myself and others.
For me: MLP's Rarity's Gala Gown
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110629131741/mlp/images/b/b6/Rarity%27s_gala_dress.png
Poison Ivy (Animated Series version, with a few modifications)
http://www.lifeofthepartyftc.com/deadlygarden-blogspot/animation/deadlygarden-blogspot-btas-modelsheet-tn.jpg
Adventure Time's Lumpy Space Princess gijinka/humanization
http://images.wikia.com/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/9/9f/Lumpy_Space.png

For my friend: CLANNAD's Fuko's jacket
http://www.kawapaper.com/d/10644-3/Kawapaper_Clannad_0000068_1024x768.jpg
Vocaloid's Rin Servant of Evil Dress
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_blar30S6XGs/TF25FUViQzI/AAAAAAAAADM/bPUNL02PizU/s400/collage+face+flog.jpg

Commissions:
Homestuck's Prospit Jade
http://rumminov.tumblr.com/post/12098417562/heres-jade-i-know-a-few-people-were-looking
Homestuck's Derse Dreamer Dave
http://rumminov.tumblr.com/post/14963700721/dave-and-bonus-fancy-cal
Homestuck's Derse Dreamer Cal (prop for Dave)
http://rumminov.tumblr.com/post/15234040980/someone-actually-requested-this-i-figured-i-might

So yeah, got a lot on my plate, along with my second semester of college, but if I start now I think I should be able to manage it! First project will probably be my LSP dress, looking to go buy the supplies tomorrow.~

www.jadecreates.tumblr.com/tagged/cosplay is a good place to look to see my past and future work! (It's my craft/art tumblr). My main is www.jade-xe.tumblr.com , follow me or send me an ask!

Ohp, looks like I'll also be helping out on Katawa Shoujo's Shizune too.
http://static.zerochan.net/full/19/41/242069.jpg

BrandonWolf2
01-13-2012, 07:31 PM
I plan on making cosplays for Izaya (DRRR!), Naruto because I've been doing Sasuke forever (XD LMAO), and I want to do some Doctor Who cosplays but I'm not sure who yet. :)

lattin12
01-21-2012, 06:02 PM
So far with San Japan, I'm remaking my Daphine costume, and making my Amazon Woman costume... I should be working the power rangers, but I'm gunna see if I wanna do that closer to SJ...

merus322
02-26-2012, 02:43 AM
I need to finish my Flonne and Fuka cosplays for Disgaea,as well as perfect my Fluttershy and Twilight cosplays.I also need to help my friend with hers,AND save up money to pay for it all.To add insult to injury,a few days ago,my scythe(soul) for my Maka Albarn cosplay's paint is chipped.Thus i have to repair that.I'm overly stressed with it all TwT

lil_kitsune69
02-28-2012, 05:53 PM
For San Japan I hope to have three cosplays done. An Imperial from Skyrim, Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII (though I might do her alternate Parasite Eve outfit from Dissidia 012), and Rhyme from The World Ends With You.

I can't wait to see your Lightning!!!! I'm going to be bringing along my Lightning cosplay from Final Fantasy XIII-2. =3 We'll have to meet up to take a picture together!!! :p

Akiyhrah
03-26-2012, 11:10 AM
I'm working on so many cosplays lol This summer I will be doing:

Rarity- My Little Pony
Foxface (Arena and interview)- The Hunger games
Rikku- FFX-2
AndrAIa- Reboot
Katara (Fire Nation)- Avatar: the Last Airbender

And I want to start working on Twinrova (2nd form) from Ocarina of Time and Princess Zelda from Twilight Princess. I've started on Rarity and Rikku, but I still have so much work xD

altair
04-02-2012, 05:14 PM
I'm going as Altair (from Assassin's Creed), a S.T.A.R.S. member (from Resident Evil), and a Mandalorian :]

kieranstrange
04-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Finding a decent Rainbow Dash wig is a STRUGGLE.

Puritysan
04-03-2012, 12:22 PM
Finding cowboy boots sucks. :( i used to be always able to find them when i didn't need them, but now... -sigh-

kieranstrange
04-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Shame you aren't here, my love, they're everywhere!

Mister Hicks
04-04-2012, 03:18 AM
Finding a decent Rainbow Dash wig is a STRUGGLE.

Yeah, I bet that's gonna require a custom wig job of some sort.

In an attempt to support the classics I will be dressing up like Jigen (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--fBQ5rjy4cg/Tc4IkRv1LFI/AAAAAAAAAmo/AQuFkZILe7w/s1600/Daisuke%2BJigen.jpg) from Lupin the 3rd. However I am perturbed because I know I will not be sporting longer hair, I am considering a wig but I'm not certain of it. I am also considering making a prop rifle since he is on several occasions seen using them from a good ol' fashion hunting rifle (http://www.centerlineofcalhoun.org/images/hunting_rifle.gif), to the PSG-1 (http://world.guns.ru/userfiles/images/sniper/sn14/hk_psg1_l.jpg), to the big momma herself the PTRS-41 Anti-Tank Rifle (http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/gizmologist1/ieqyo6.jpg). I think I'm capable if I can find the right parts but I have to consider things like "how the hell am I going to carry it around during off-time of food runs".

Of course since I'm doing that I'll have most of the clothes to do older Frank West from Dead Rising 2 (http://www.gamepur.com/files/images/2011/dead-rising-2-off-the-record.jpg). Only this time I'm really getting serious about it. I will be attempting to rebuild my Servbot Mask (http://chenzen.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/image-o-matic.x11.jpg), only better since one will be able to see out of it (though still thinking of making a torture box one later for my own... personal uses e_e). And I will either seriously look into getting an SLR Camera or making a prop one. And as for weapons I will be either settling with making the Spiked Bat (http://ineptguard.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/bat-with-nails-500x168.jpg) or the very popular Defiler (http://images.wikia.com/dead-rising/images/5/5d/Dead_rising_Defiler.png).

And then I will be planning one more get-up but I don't know what yet, part of me wants to redo Heavy Weapons Guy (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120202021143/teamfortress/images/0/0d/300px-Heavy.png), another wants to do Pyro (http://www.markpascua.com/wp-content/pyro-figurine-1-scaled.jpg), Francis (http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090122190441/left4dead/images/archive/5/58/20100928180023!Francis.jpg), or finally keep my word and do Kuroko (http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080628211418/snk/images/8/80/Kuroko.jpg). So yeah... lots to do and think about. XD

RedeadDie
04-05-2012, 12:50 AM
Slowly but surely buying up all the materials needed for myself and my friends Labyrinth cosplays. (Seriously planning on forking outa huge load in materials for us both.) If Kuja backfires a month before the con, I'll make Lulu instead for my first non-crossplay cosplay.

2013 I already have the two for certain cosplays planned out. The first I mentioned before which is King Varian Wrynn (current) from WoW and Finnick from the Hunger Games. Trying to think of another good character to cosplay in 2013. I want at least one more new one.

Mister Hicks
04-05-2012, 02:32 AM
2013 is going to be a pretty good year IF I can pull off all I want this year (which will ensure experience and as such make me a bit more well learned). I am declaring it a sort of "Armor Year" because most of the things I want to work require making pieces of armor such as Frog from Chrono Trigger.

SenorAhlan
04-05-2012, 10:21 PM
Im working on three different cosplays of the same character, tobi (masked man), tobi (akatsuki aka good boy) and tobi (rinnegan war fan with purple and red LED lights. hope i can finish by the time the con rolls around!

Blitzkrieg
05-30-2012, 01:17 AM
I'm working on Arlene from True Blood, which isn't too hard, just need her uniform shirt and apron with a tray and some True Blood drinks.
Joan from Mad Men is pretty easy too since I already have a lot of office-styled clothing that's very 60's inspired. I just need to make her a clipboard and some files and good to go.

Yulcera
06-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Can I just say that I'm really excited?
I get to make three keyblades! Plus re-do Kneesock's scythes and Scanty and Panty's guns.
I really love making props, probably more than making costumes. Gathering references and research is somewhat tedious, but it still feels really good to be productive for once.
Though a part of me feels like I'm in way over my head, another (bigger) part of me feels like I can pull this off~

theSock.Monkey.Renegade
06-03-2012, 11:42 PM
Working on this stoner right here:
http://static.tumblr.com/v4v2cqb/ABElzgu8j/looks_down_laughing_2014.gif
And Sherlock Holmes, from BBC's Sherlock:
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01520/cumberb532main_1520128a.jpg
I need to finish my coat.
I don't know why I'm torturing myself, honestly, because it's going to be terribly hot and disgusting to wear, but I really want to do it properly instead of the half finished attempt I wore to Ikki.
Also, I don't know if I'm actually going to ever finish this, but I've fallen in love with the band Steam Powered Giraffe, and really want to cosplay as Rabbit.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fqTSMwm08d8/TXG4o-_TlCI/AAAAAAAAScE/-TbGq3tuBtw/s1600/SPGPressNew05.jpg
The one in the center.
I know I could do it, I just don't know if my budget would support it.

DaRk-x-sMiLe
06-18-2012, 12:45 PM
So far looks like I'll be doing the following:

Lolita
March Hare - Are You Alice?
Chibimano - Hetalia
Ciel or Alois - Black Butler
Matryoshka!Spain - Hetalia
Cafe Spain - Hetalia
and if possible then:
Tsuna in his Zero Point Breakthrough form - Katekyo Hitman Reborn

Dead Last
06-18-2012, 04:06 PM
I only have one cosplay. Nanao Ise from Bleach. Last year one of my sandals broke (and my bro's ex-wife stole my tabi socks) but luckily for me my mom likes to keep gift bags and so I repaired it with a rope from a gift bag handle. :)

hojo
06-19-2012, 08:09 AM
this is my first time to san japan but ive been going to akon for the past 4 years. im really excited to do baki this year been wanting to cosplay as him for a while

Blitzkrieg
06-19-2012, 05:18 PM
Well all my cosplays changed.
Now it's Toki Wartooth and Fem!Mayor Buckman.

ErazDod
06-20-2012, 12:44 PM
I'm going to be cosplaying Slenderman and Enderman, from Minecraft.

lattin12
06-22-2012, 01:07 PM
I'm going to be cosplaying Slenderman and Enderman, from Minecraft.

Woot Minecraft ^^

AzureBladeXIII
06-23-2012, 09:21 PM
Well i'm gonna be cosplaying Junpei from Persona 3 for this year. I already ordered the school jacket now I need to buy some decent dress shoes. I'm also thinking of doing his summer uniform but we'll see how that goes as i'm also preparing for my table in artist alley and i'm on a tight budget.

anslin
06-24-2012, 11:27 AM
Breaking out Kankuro hopefully kage summit outfit if we can get it done girlfriend is going to be crow. Also bringing Udyr from league of legends and something special for the cosplay contest that I think might blow some minds.

Pedxing
06-24-2012, 06:21 PM
Right now I'm starting to work on my male Caitlyn cosplay from League of Legends I have the materials just need to get started making the clothing then after that build the gun but i might have a problem finding knee high boots in men size. Also my steampunk is done just need to make a jetpack to finish for now.

Fox
06-27-2012, 10:42 PM
Im working on my Ciel Phantomhive cosplay right now. The vest was killing me but now its jacket time >:D

amayakitty
06-28-2012, 12:02 AM
Right now I'm starting to work on my male Caitlyn cosplay from League of Legends I have the materials just need to get started making the clothing then after that build the gun but i might have a problem finding knee high boots in men size. Also my steampunk is done just need to make a jetpack to finish for now.

^I look forward to seeing that.
I'm doing a pokemon gijinka -Vaporeon- and a steampunk cosplay as well. I want to do one more, but I'm not sure as what.

Yulcera
06-28-2012, 12:58 AM
Decided to not be Halloween town Sora because my heart wasn't really in it (thank god I only started on the mask)
I'm replacing the costume with Pyro from Tf2, and using his weapons/gear featured in his MTP video~

anslin
06-29-2012, 11:58 PM
so sitting at this right now. Kankuro and Pinkamena: touchups on the gear. Udyr: 100% gtg Masquerade super-secret tech cosplay for contest: about 3%

NightmareNemo
06-30-2012, 07:04 AM
I'll be going as Frank West from Dead Rising:Off the Record. Still working on what combo weapons to bring. Decisions..decisions...decisions.

Mister Hicks
07-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Damn, slight change of plans on my part. So now I will be working on making a Klokateer get-up for Friday. So now I expect to split up Saturday. The first half I will be dressed as the Orange Knight from Castle Crashers, and then the other half I will be in my Jigen get-up that most will probably see at the masquerade. And then Sunday continues to remain the same as I dress a Frank West. XP

What am I working on right now? Well I'm practicing making a Klokateer hood out of old pillow cases. Once I have it down pat I will make one out of a black pillowcase. :o

Peachy
07-02-2012, 01:59 AM
For a variety of reasons, I'm now going Saturday as a 'Cowboy Pimp Pikachu', hat and everything.

anime otaku
07-07-2012, 08:17 PM
I plan on going as hungary from hetalia but thats really it. If i get lucky I can try to be Tsukimi from princess jellyfish because her outfit is super easy.

ErazDod
07-07-2012, 08:28 PM
I plan on going as hungary from hetalia but thats really it. If i get lucky I can try to be Tsukimi from princess jellyfish because her outfit is super easy.

If I recognize you, I'll totally want to take a picture of/with you, because I adored that anime XD

anime otaku
07-07-2012, 11:27 PM
If I recognize you, I'll totally want to take a picture of/with you, because I adored that anime XD

Hopefully I can find you! Ill look out for minecraft one day! XD

NightmareNemo
07-12-2012, 04:59 AM
I just finished a flamethrower prop for my Frank West cosplay. I'll be also working on a Beer Hat(construction hat w/root beer bottles attached with duct tape), and the Reaper(a scythe duct taped to a katana) once I get the parts I ordered. I wanted to show off my Ghostbusters 2 costume, but I won't be finished with my proton pack for a long time. So I'll just be Frank West all weekend.

Burtonesque
07-13-2012, 02:41 PM
Just finished my hakama for the Kikyo costume. :) now all i have left is the dress for a special cosplay

anslin
07-17-2012, 11:09 AM
spaulders are coming along and going in just a few mins to get the gloves that will be the basis of the gauntlets

stillnotblinking
07-18-2012, 11:25 PM
I will be cosplaying fem!Sherlock on Saturday and Sunday. So if there are any Sherlockians out there, or you just wanna hang out, feel free to come say hi.