PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Asian Drama?

Yuuto
01-31-2011, 08:50 PM
What is/are your favorite Asian drama series?
I personally love Nobuta wo Produce, Hana Kimi(Japanese ver.) and the Takumi-Kun series (it's a BL)

Which ones did you really not like?
I didn't like Hana Kimi the Taiwanese version or The Devil Beside You, which was supposed to be the live-action version of the manga The Devil DOES Exist.

dysistheawesome
02-01-2011, 06:22 AM
I have too many dramas that I love to only pick one >.>
But I did love Devil Beside You, Hana-Kimi (Taiwanese Version), Mary Stayed Out All Night, Kimi Wa Petto, and Absolute Boyfriend ^^

High School Samurai was pretty funny, as was Mei-Chan no Shitsuji

Yuuto
02-01-2011, 06:45 AM
=o I dunno, to me The Devil Beside You just seemed too different from the manga. And Kimi wa Petto was hilarious, I love that series (And it doesn't hurt that MatsuJun is in it too. XD )

dysistheawesome
02-02-2011, 06:35 AM
yea, Kimi wa Petto is adorable and funny ^^ I love when he puts his "paw" in her hand and then rolls on the floor like a dog XD It's just adorable ^^

As for dramas I didn't like, I would say Meteor Shower/Garden (the Taiwanese version on Hana Yori Dango) It was good, but I'd never rewatch it >.<

Yuuto
02-02-2011, 10:05 AM
lol I remember that! Doesn't he like say 'woof' too like the respond after thinking about the conditions he has to go by to stay. MatsuJun was perfect for that role and that series itself just makes you laugh and laugh. XD

It's hard to find series that are funny, but not like it is so stupid and lame that it is funny. Sometimes, its like they try to hard to be funny and they just fail totally and completely. :(

alycan16
02-02-2011, 09:08 PM
i liked devil beside you too, i really like hana yori dango japanese version

excaliborg
02-23-2011, 07:40 PM
My favorite is Ichi Ritoru no Namida T_T. Other dramas I enjoyed: Kuitan was cool, Iryu 2, Gokusen, and Nodame Cantabile. I have seen 23 so far and I usually only watch dramas during the summer, anime the rest of the year.

I watched some of the first episode of Shomuni a couple years ago and it was just strange >_>.

I think Nobuta wo Produce was the first Asian Drama that I saw (besides Attic Cat, but I didn't finish it so it does not count).

YaoixYuri18
02-23-2011, 08:02 PM
Full House, MARS, and Coffee Prince.

GazeAddict
03-01-2011, 12:41 PM
My favorite series are... (I mostly like the funny ones!)

Boys Over Flowers (Korean and Japanese versions)
Koizora (Very Sad TT ^ TT)
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi (The Wallflower Drama)
Gokusen
Otomen (The drama is really funny xD)

Rassilon
03-02-2011, 03:22 AM
MARS (Oh, man. I could watch it forever~), Hataraki Man, and Zettai Kareshi (I watched it primarily for Hiro Mizushima~ <3). I need to finish Mei-chan no Shitsuji (Mizushima AND Takeru Sato?! SOLD. <3) and Hotaru no Hikari. I also hear Liar Game is pretty good.

LIFE was pretty good. Gokusen was okay, but I never understood the hype and the need to make more seasons after the first one.

dysistheawesome
03-02-2011, 07:22 AM
MARS (Oh, man. I could watch it forever~), Hataraki Man, and Zettai Kareshi (I watched it primarily for Hiro Mizushima~ <3). I need to finish Mei-chan no Shitsuji (Mizushima AND Takeru Sato?! SOLD. <3) and Hotaru no Hikari. I also hear Liar Game is pretty good.

LIFE was pretty good. Gokusen was okay, but I never understood the hype and the need to make more seasons after the first one.

oooh~ Mei-Chan no Shitsuji is really good! :D
I totally recommend it ^^ The ending is not disappointing either, unlike a lot of dramas that end kinda bad >.>

Rassilon
03-02-2011, 12:24 PM
oooh~ Mei-Chan no Shitsuji is really good! :D
I totally recommend it ^^ The ending is not disappointing either, unlike a lot of dramas that end kinda bad >.>

Then I will definitely watch the rest of the series! :D

Yuuto
03-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Just finished a few more dramas, I'm definitely going to have to put 'Tumbling' and 'Samurai High School' on my list of favorites. Yangishita Tomo is so cute in both of those, but he plays such a small part in Samurai High School. >: He is one of my favorite actors. <3

Tumbling is really good, it has a lot of morals and life lessons in it, but it is still really funny. It's about men's rhythmic gymnastics, which turns out to be super cool and not what I expected at all. And it has Yamamoto Yuusuke as the main character (he plays a 'gangster', I still laugh every time I see he wearing those lame puffy looking pants. XD But he looks awesome with red hair, like a young Die from Diru.)

Samurai High School is so freaking funny, but it is full of life lessons and junk as well. It even has a little bit of history in it. It has Miura Haruma, Shirota Yu and Anne as a main characters. It really is a 'must-see' drama.

YaoixYuri18
03-09-2011, 04:56 PM
I finished watching Mary Stayed Out All Night, I am sad that it only has 16 episodes, but happy with the ending. It's cute, funny, and has you wondering who is she going to choose. Next, on my list is Mischievous Kiss, then I will look for another drama to watch.

Ito_Nakahara
04-13-2011, 04:05 PM
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge (Japanese Drama): this is my favorite one though you know it is like the manga yet they changed the nosebleeds to headbutts and such I still love Sunako!

YaoixYuri18
05-11-2011, 07:22 PM
Recently, I finished watching Playful Kiss also known as Mischievous Kiss. I really enjoy watching this drama, even do it made me mad at times, especially at Baek Seung Jo and Oh Ha Ni. I'm glad that it ended happliy ever after. I recommend this drama to those who are fans of Kim Hyun Joong, SS501, and Boys Before Flowers. Now, I'm watching Romance Town.

minimoni96
07-14-2011, 08:26 PM
takumi-kun is one of my personal favorites. BL ftw~ <3

JovahDORK
08-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Oh snap, I have watched most of the Korean section on Mysoju, so here's a few reccomendations.
C:

If you really love action-y type dramas
Fugitive Plan B starring Rain is extremely good. :D
Iris is extremely fascinating too! Maybe because I'm a huge fan of TOP? ;3

Just a general list that I've watched/or have been watching:
Myung Wol the Spy - Nice plot line, great angle shots and cute romance. Han Se Yeul (who plays the main actress) is a very good actress. She's quirky, I think she's beautiful, and she's not like those usual main leads that act disturbingly cutesy. :D
That and Eric and Lee Jin Wook make nice eye-candy.

Secret Garden: One of my favorite dramas of all time. I can re-watch and rewatch and never get tired. Hyun Bin is one of my favorite Korean actors and he played it off so well. :D That and who doesn't love a soul-swapping drama? Hyun Bin acting like a girl is just hilarious. Go watch it!
[B]49 Days: Through-out this drama, I could not stop crying. The ending just...urgh! I highly recommend this drama. Jung Ill Woo is an amazing "scheduler" ;]

I can go on and on, but since I need to get back to trying to get into Anime instead of watching Korean Variety Shows and MV's, I'll just list one more Korean Drama. :]

Dream High - Not only is there enough eye-candy to make a lot of girls (and guys) happy, (I MEAN COME ON, Taecyeon and Wooyoung from 2PM are in it, not to mention Soo Hyun is just FINE as well as the secret guest appearances throughout the show!) but the plot line, the acting, the way the story flows, and everything else inbetween pretty much makes this drama a Must Watch.

Maru
01-14-2012, 05:23 PM
Don't make me pick one!!!

But if I had to pick, this is what I would pick:
Japanese: Hana yori dango (boys over flowers)
Korean: You're beautiful
Taiwanese: Hi my sweet heart, I would say skip beat but it's not done.

Shinimegami
01-31-2012, 09:58 AM
So far my favorites are Glass Mask and Nobuta wo Produce. Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon was also one of my favorites.

Stephyhuga
01-31-2012, 11:31 PM
a Youre beautiful fan.. Yep, was asked a week after viewing of who won my my fanluv, Jung Yong Hwa.
Hope the Japanese adaption is good.

Shinimegami
02-05-2012, 08:53 PM
I think I've found a new favorite. Just watched the first episode of Kami no Shizuku. All the reviews say it's boring, but I really think different. Maybe it's because I'm currently learning about wine that makes me interested in this series. >_<

Shinimegami
02-09-2012, 07:14 PM
I'm adding "Hikari to Tomo ni" to my list. Very touching.

YaoixYuri18
04-18-2012, 07:57 AM
The King 2Hearts and Fashion King

Toshi Yamioka
04-18-2012, 12:17 PM
My top 5 Japanese Drama series

Liar Game (Season 1, 2, and the Movie)
My Girl (TV Asahi)
Mr. Brain
Orange Days
Nobuta wo Produce

Liar Game is great because of all the techniques they use for the games.

JovahDORK
06-24-2012, 11:29 PM
Gotta add in:
1.The Greatest Love - I'm a bit late, but wow. Great drama.
2. Big - Again, another drama by the Hong sisters who are pure geniuses. Still being updated on Viki, but a definite watch. Anything with Gong Yoo is just, skfdjsdfsf.
3. Rooftop Prince - Yoochun's acting is really amazing. Bak Ha (no, not kidding you on the name) is a bit...well...you just want her to grow a pair, but its a cute drama. Made so much better because of the Chosun Rangers.
4. I love Lee Tae Ri - Kibum is such a sweetheart. Innocent and adorable. I'm only on ep. 5, but so far, its different. ^^
and officially one of my favorite dramas for this year:
5.A Gentleman's Dignity - just, damn.

EvilPopKorn
06-25-2012, 12:00 AM
Well I'd say I like...

Passport to Love (Movie)
Killer Bride's Perfect Crime (Movie)
The Lady Iron Chef (Movie)
Hooked on You (Movie)
La Lingerie (Movie)
Spring Bears Love (Movie)
The Art of Seduction (Movie)
Yoga (Movie)
You're Beautiful
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge
The Woman Who Still Wants to Marry (AKA Still Marry Me)
Sophie's Revenge (Movie)
Shokojo Seira (AKA A Little Princess)
Romantic Island (Movie)
Protect The Boss
Personal Taste
Ouran High School Host Club
One Missed Call (Movie)
One Missed Call 2 (Movie)
One Missed Call Final (Movie)
Nana (Movie)
Nana 2 (Movie)
My Girlfriend is a Gumiho
Lovely Complex (Movie)
Kimi Ni Todoke (Movie)
Kamikaze Girls (Movie)
Innocent Steps (Movie)
Inital D (Movie)
Honey and Clover (Movie)
Detroit Metal City (Movie)
Detective Conan: Shinichi Kudo's Written Challenge (Movie)
Detective Conan: Return of Shinichi Kudo! Showdow with the Black Organization (Movie)
Detective Conan: The Legend of a Mysterious Bird (Movie)
Death Note (Movie)
Death Note II: The Last Name (Movie)
L - Change the world (Movie)
Cromartie High School (Movie)
Coffee Princess
Casshern (Movie)
Battle Royale (Movie)
A Tale of Two Sisters (Movie)
Lie to Me
Secret Garden
My Princess
The Witch Yoo Hee (I haven't finished watching it though)
Synesthesia (Movie)
Mushi-shi (Movie)
Onmyoji (Movie)
Onmyoji II (Movie)
Baby and Me (Movie) (AKA Baby and I)
A Chilling Romance (Movie)
Yankee-kun to Megane-Chan

Thats as much as I remeber for now. :)

excaliborg
06-25-2012, 07:09 PM
There's a live action Kimi ni Todoke movie? D:

EvilPopKorn
06-25-2012, 07:43 PM
@excaliborg: Yes there is... I bought it and loved it! I can give you a link to watch it if you want....

ErazDod
06-25-2012, 07:59 PM
My friend has had me watch a few eps of Protect the Boss, it's pretty hilarious so far.

excaliborg
06-26-2012, 07:22 AM
@excaliborg: Yes there is... I bought it and loved it! I can give you a link to watch it if you want....
No, the anime was amazing enough:o. I did the opposite for Nodame Cantabile though and I won't watch the anime.

JovahDORK
06-27-2012, 08:21 PM
Japanese drama wise, I really loved Tumbling. I fell in love with Yamamoto Yusuke while watching Hana Kimi a few years ago, so I tried watching all his dramas and Tumbling was by far my favorite.
Atashinchin no Danshi was also a personal favorite.

If you have time, or if you haven't done so already, making a list of your dramas and sharing them here (http://mydramalist.com/dramalist/jovahdork) is a pretty good way to know which to watch or not. ^^

Compared to my older sisters, my list is nothing, but I do prefer Korean dramas, while the oldest watches Taiwanese, the second oldest watches Thai, and the third watches Mainland/Hong Kong dramas. ;A; my family has no life.

....anyway, do any of you guys have a list? I'll be happy to check out your top rated ones. ^^

Malakies
06-29-2012, 04:26 PM
Absolutely none of them. JK. I did really love Ninkyo Helper out of the ones that I could stand watching. It was overall a pretty original story and one that touches you. I do still wanna watch Devil Beside You because little known fact: I love Rainie Yang. OH and I did 'enjoy' Hi My Sweetheart even though I'd rate it like a C because Show Luo is ADORABLE as Da Lung. That is the only reason for watching it. I've only watched Fashion King for Korean and.. yeah. Only because I wanted to see Kwon Yuri acting.

I've wanted to watch Nodame Cantabile for the longest time. I have such a crush on the actor.

synki
09-03-2012, 10:41 AM
Picking a favorite is pretty hard since i've watched 90+ but as far as this year's dramas go i really enjoyed A Gentleman's Dignity and Queen InHyun's Man. Haeundae Lover's is also pretty good so far.

However for least favorites, I'd say Fashion King. I finished it because i had hoped it would get better as it went along but I was really disappointed. There was little to no character development, it dragged on, and so many things were left unanswered.

Malakies
09-04-2012, 01:53 AM
^ Wow, 90+ is pretty amazing. And Fashion King just toyed with my emotions until I just couldn't wait for it all to end. But then.. that was not the ending that I was expecting.

Psychowolf
09-18-2012, 07:32 PM
I just recent got into watching Asian dramas. I haven't watched much. So far, I'd have to say "Le Grand Chef" (Korean) is my favorite series.

gregory_house
07-03-2013, 02:17 AM
I guess any Jdorama with Matsujun is great. I mean, Gokusen, Hana Yori Dango, Kimi wa Petto, Smile. I also like Nino's doramas.
My favourites are the following: Gokusen, GTO, BOSS, Iryuu Team Medical Dragon, Kekkon Dekinai Otoko, JOKER, Shinsengumi, Trick, HERO.

Any CSI-type dorama, I watch :)

Korean or Taiwanese/Chinese series not so much. But i liked Dae Jang Geum.

WinterFields
07-06-2013, 06:34 AM
What is/are your favorite Asian drama series?
I personally love Nobuta wo Produce, Hana Kimi(Japanese ver.) and the Takumi-Kun series (it's a BL)

Which ones did you really not like?
I didn't like Hana Kimi the Taiwanese version or The Devil Beside You, which was supposed to be the live-action version of the manga The Devil DOES Exist.

I've watched those first two as well, Nobuta is good, but the thing is I kind of don't like the ending.. Regarding Hana Kimi, it's all good til it ends.. By the way, haven't tried proposal daisukusen?

WinterFields
07-06-2013, 06:37 AM
Mine is Proposal daisukusen, it's really a good drama, it made cry sometimes as I relate it with my story, the thing is the drama has a good ending, and mine was too late.. Another is boku to star no 99 nichi (僕とスターの99日), it's really goooooood like hell.. Lastly, uuuhhmmm... Hana Kimi (花きみ)Very good as well..

BrandonWolf2
07-06-2013, 11:38 AM
I really enjoyed the Ouran High School Host Club live action drama. But I have a 3 way tie for my ultimate favorite dramas.

-Boys Over Flowers
-You're Beautiful
-Coffee Prince

I'm trying to watch others but its hard to like certain dramas. But I'm pretty much obsessed with Korean dramas. LOL. OH! And that movie with the talking baby you know? I forgot the name of it, but its got an actor from Boys Over Flowers? The main character's love interest. LOL

WinterFields
07-07-2013, 07:39 AM
I really enjoyed the Ouran High School Host Club live action drama. But I have a 3 way tie for my ultimate favorite dramas.

-Boys Over Flowers
-You're Beautiful
-Coffee Prince

I'm trying to watch others but its hard to like certain dramas. But I'm pretty much obsessed with Korean dramas. LOL. OH! And that movie with the talking baby you know? I forgot the name of it, but its got an actor from Boys Over Flowers? The main character's love interest. LOL

I've watched Coffee Prince and Boys over flowers as well.. They are good as well, very funny and have had a nice story.. By the way, I haven't watched you're beautiful, any short review you can share?

BrandonWolf2
07-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Its about twins. The brother twin is about to join a boy band and I think he gets stuck somewhere because he's sick so the sister twin sits in his place. Its also got a love story too.

WinterFields
07-09-2013, 10:22 AM
Its about twins. The brother twin is about to join a boy band and I think he gets stuck somewhere because he's sick so the sister twin sits in his place. Its also got a love story too.

So the sister is some kind of boyish there? Maybe I should watch this one later.. I miss watching asian dramas.. Been so long, I'am Sam I guess was my last that I've watched..