PDA

View Full Version : Runway Show Rules and FAQ

Farasha
03-03-2011, 03:44 PM
About the Runway Show

The runway show will take place at halftime during the Cosplay contest. This show is open to anyone whose costume did not qualify to be judged in the contest, as well as participants in visual kei, J-rock, EGL, other Japanese street fashions, Cyberpunk and Steampunk. There will be no specialized introduction or individual music. This is a great opportunity to show off your costume if you weren’t able to enter the cosplay contest for any reason.

Runway Show Rules

1. San Japan is a family friendly convention, and there will be children at the cosplay show. Therefore no excessively revealing costumes will be allowed on stage.

2. Participants in the runway show will have fifteen seconds to cross the stage.

3. Signups for the runway show will close at the same time as signups for the cosplay contest.

4. If you are disqualified from the cosplay competition, you will automatically be entered into the runway show.

5. The San Japan cosplay staff reserves the right to deny your entry into the runway show for any reason. These reasons may include but are not limited to: Failure to follow rule 1, props that have not been checked by security, lack of visible badge, rudeness or profanity directed toward staff or other participants, violation of convention security or other convention rules.

This was fairly successful last year and I think it's a great way to fill in the time required for judging - so this year I want it to be even bigger and more awesome! Please post any questions here and I'll be sure to answer them.