PDA

View Full Version : OBJECTION! Ace Attorney Panel/Mock Trial

RedeadDie
10-20-2010, 05:28 PM
When: Friday 7:30pm-9:00pm
Where: Panel Room 4 (Conf. Room 13 & 14)
Who: Phoenix Wright and Miles Edgeworth
Why: Because we can so TAKE THAT!

Get ready for Phoenix Wright and Miles Edgeworth to help feed your Ace Attorney fan needs at San-Japan 4TW!

~What to expect?~
-More quizes and prizes! With a tad more difficult questions.
-Mock Trial between Miles Edgeworth and Phoenix Wright! With surprising evidence and a secret defendant!
-More open discussion and Q&A for everyone attending the panel.
-A quick photoshoot with Phoenix and Miles right after the panel.

Maru
10-30-2010, 01:39 AM
it would be awesome to have professor layton, in hypes of the new game. =D

RedeadDie
10-30-2010, 03:26 AM
I actually rarely find any other Ace Attorney cosplayers at all.

Which is weird considering there was a ton of fans that attended the panel.

RedeadDie
11-02-2010, 08:04 PM
*flails* WE HAVE A PHOENIX!

KittyAnne7152
11-02-2010, 09:04 PM
You have a Phoenix! AND IT'S ME!
How do I get so lucky? XD

RedeadDie
11-02-2010, 11:53 PM
Idk but you are! XD

Blitzkrieg
01-03-2011, 11:51 PM
I'll be there as Godot, sitting in the crowd drinking coffee and enjoying this epic scene.

MeWindyCharms
01-04-2011, 01:13 AM
Hey do you want me in the panel as Franziska von Karma or just there for a general cosplay group in the audience? I'm not going to be able to play any of the games to contribute much.

RedeadDie
01-04-2011, 07:04 AM
It's up to you sweety. Franziska will be a great baliff for the mock trial since she has that whip of her's.

RedeadDie
01-30-2011, 03:51 PM
Hey do you want me in the panel as Franziska von Karma or just there for a general cosplay group in the audience? I'm not going to be able to play any of the games to contribute much.Actually, would you like to be the judge of the panel? No one is better judge than a von Karma with a biting whip.

gloommix
01-31-2011, 09:24 PM
yes! i'll be attending this too XD

RedeadDie
02-07-2011, 04:19 AM
Friday evening is when the panel/mock trial will take place! As for the exact time, it'll be announced at a later date.

RothStaR
03-01-2011, 02:19 PM
Excited for the possible possibilities. Only one thing I'm worried about, last mock trial I saw had a lot of hype, but when it came time to deliver the actors were unrehearsed and shy. It's great you want to put this on for yourselves, but if you want to have an audience be sure to keep them engaged too! Have a solid script that's well rehearsed with good actors and I'm sure things will turn out great. If you guys want any help or advice, I'd be glad to help because I would like to see this thing be a huge success!

RedeadDie
03-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Excited for the possible possibilities. Only one thing I'm worried about, last mock trial I saw had a lot of hype, but when it came time to deliver the actors were unrehearsed and shy. It's great you want to put this on for yourselves, but if you want to have an audience be sure to keep them engaged too! Have a solid script that's well rehearsed with good actors and I'm sure things will turn out great. If you guys want any help or advice, I'd be glad to help because I would like to see this thing be a huge success!Last year we decided to pick random people out of the audience because we wanted people to be involved as much as possible. So there was so script or anything for it. (Because the lawyers, witnesses, and defendents were choosen without knowing on the spot.) Even though it was a random choice thing, what I mainly heard from positive feedback was the audience loving the mock trial from last year.

It'll be slightly different this year since the lawyers, judge, defendent, and witnesses have already been chosen before con time. (People whom I've worked with before.) We shall practice a bit with each other, but there still will be no script because we want the audience to have a choice of what the defendent is acused of and decide their fate. Do not worry about no script though, since these people I've worked with as improv partners before.

Our Phoenix Wright has done an amazing job at being the Tenth Doctor on the spot for the SJ dating game last year and stole the show at Ikkicon V's dating game as Vince Noir. (She's awesome with on the spot questions and comments.)
Our Franziska von Karma is also the amazing and popular Tamaki that has helped put together the SJ Ouran event for years now. She usually has to come up with some amazing things after a quick meeting on what our characters might do/act to certain situations, so do not fret! :3

darkwolfalika
06-29-2011, 03:51 PM
I am so coming to watch this :o

RedeadDie
07-01-2011, 01:33 PM
First post has been updated.

RedeadDie
07-10-2011, 06:20 PM
Alright, there are four rounds of questions this year. (I usually do more, but we have a really neat Mock Trial planned.)

All the tips I can give away for the quiz is to know things about the character asking them. Phoenix will be asking the first round of questions, then Miles will ask the next round, and so on.

I also try my best to choose mostly questions I haven't used for Ace Attorney Panels before. Some are the same, but not as many.

In case those haven't been to the Ace Attorney panels before, I usually choose four people out of the audience per round. (We may do five per round this year so more people can have a chance to win a prize.) Each person will come sit up at the front and they'll "buzz in" by raising their hand and shouting their given word. Whoever raises their hand AND says their given word will be able to answer first. If they answer incorrectly, then whoever knows the answer next raise your hand quickly and say your special word.

Each of the assigned words are as follows...
-OBJECTION!
-HOLD IT!
-TAKE THAT!
-EUREKA!
-GOTTACH!

All words used in all of the Ace Attorney games and you need to SHOUT THE LOUD! There are about seven questions per round, so answer as many as you can quickly!

RothStaR
07-12-2011, 10:24 AM
Last year we decided to pick random people out of the audience because we wanted people to be involved as much as possible. So there was so script or anything for it. (Because the lawyers, witnesses, and defendents were choosen without knowing on the spot.) Even though it was a random choice thing, what I mainly heard from positive feedback was the audience loving the mock trial from last year.

It'll be slightly different this year since the lawyers, judge, defendent, and witnesses have already been chosen before con time. (People whom I've worked with before.) We shall practice a bit with each other, but there still will be no script because we want the audience to have a choice of what the defendent is acused of and decide their fate. Do not worry about no script though, since these people I've worked with as improv partners before.

Our Phoenix Wright has done an amazing job at being the Tenth Doctor on the spot for the SJ dating game last year and stole the show at Ikkicon V's dating game as Vince Noir. (She's awesome with on the spot questions and comments.)
Our Franziska von Karma is also the amazing and popular Tamaki that has helped put together the SJ Ouran event for years now. She usually has to come up with some amazing things after a quick meeting on what our characters might do/act to certain situations, so do not fret! :3

http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac228/Gando_bucket/futurama_fry_looking_squint.jpg

I don't know if the one at San Japan last year was the same, but the one I saw was at AnimeFest. This will actually be the first San Japan I've ever been to, so I'm excited, but wasn't sure if the ones running the trial at A-Fest were you guys or not, but there's was a little unrehearsed and iffy.

RedeadDie
07-12-2011, 10:33 AM
I don't know if the one at San Japan last year was the same, but the one I saw was at AnimeFest. This will actually be the first San Japan I've ever been to, so I'm excited, but wasn't sure if the ones running the trial at A-Fest were you guys or not, but there's was a little unrehearsed and iffy.Ah, it wasn't us then! I've never actually attended A-Fest in my life.

So don't worry that wasn't us at A-Fest, but I'm sure you'll have fun at ours!

I'm actually really excited to be hosting it with our Phoenix this year because we have a lot of good stuff planned, don't you worry!

RedeadDie
07-13-2011, 12:00 AM
Mock Trial!
We have evidence, a witness, and a defendant. Both lawyers have been explained the case and shown what evidence that will be provided in this case... *mumbles* Or so Wright thinks... EXPECT SURPRISES!

PRIZES!
I have the first two prizes for the Ace Attorney Quiz part of the panel.

-Official Casebook Manga: The Phoenix Wright Files
-Official Casebook Manga: The Miles Edgeworth Files

I shall aquire the rest of the prizes soon.

darkwolfalika
07-13-2011, 11:27 AM
you didn't 'perfect' your witness too much,right?

RedeadDie
07-13-2011, 03:36 PM
Perfect? I don't understand what you're trying to say.

KittyAnne7152
07-13-2011, 06:01 PM
She asking you if the witness has been prepped a bit too well, Edgeworth. XD

RedeadDie
07-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Well, not really. Had to ask someone to be the witness.

darkwolfalika
07-15-2011, 10:09 PM
Sorry,couldn't think of another word for it ^^'''

RedeadDie
07-16-2011, 12:42 AM
Though I COULD pretend that I prepared the witness like he would...there's an idea...

darkwolfalika
07-16-2011, 09:39 AM
Yep,and then whenever Kitty finds a contradiction,you could do that scary face Edgeworth does >.>

RedeadDie
07-16-2011, 02:44 PM
Or I could tap my figure against my head and open my eyes with that smug smirk. We have something planned and it's all surprises surprises.

darkwolfalika
07-16-2011, 03:03 PM
There is a part of me that is somewhat scared about this. XD

RedeadDie
07-16-2011, 05:33 PM
Perhaps you should be. >:3

scarfu
07-16-2011, 07:01 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh my sweet tsundere jesus expect my **** there as fast as Maya to a burger joint.

Wish I was doing an AA cosplay this year but I already did a Franziska cosplay a little while ago (so ghetto, soooooooooo ghetto) and there isn't really anyone else I think I could pull off/feel passionate about enough to cosplay haha.

Also kind of wish it was on Saturday so I'd be Beato and I could *\~RED TEXT Y'ALLS ASSES~/* but a Mami is fine too.

RedeadDie
07-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Ah, but at least it is in the evening on Friday night. So there's no rush for people to come early on Friday.

darkwolfalika
07-16-2011, 08:01 PM
Perhaps you should be. >:3

That doesn't help O.o