PDA

View Full Version : ID Question

SweetlyDemented
06-18-2011, 06:07 PM
I had a question regarding ID's. For 17+/18+ events, I know that you guys will be checking for ID's. I'll be 17 by the time San Japan rolls around, and I don't have a driver's license, so my only 'real' form of identification (excluding a school ID, which is little more than my name and picture) is my Mexican passport. Would it be okay to bring a copy of it, or would I have to bring my passport to the convention? I'm a little terrified of bringing it to a place where there will be so many people, and it has my Visa in it, which is what's allowing me to live here on a non-resident alien status. If something were to happen to it, I don't know what I'd do. I'm not staying at the hotel either, so it's not like I can run back to my room to get it / drop it off.

TL;DR: Is it okay to bring a copy of my ID, instead of my ID?

Proz
06-18-2011, 07:02 PM
I had a question regarding ID's. For 17+/18+ events, I know that you guys will be checking for ID's. I'll be 17 by the time San Japan rolls around, and I don't have a driver's license, so my only 'real' form of identification (excluding a school ID, which is little more than my name and picture) is my Mexican passport. Would it be okay to bring a copy of it, or would I have to bring my passport to the convention? I'm a little terrified of bringing it to a place where there will be so many people, and it has my Visa in it, which is what's allowing me to live here on a non-resident alien status. If something were to happen to it, I don't know what I'd do. I'm not staying at the hotel either, so it's not like I can run back to my room to get it / drop it off.

We can't accept copies, it needs to be your actual passport.

SweetlyDemented
06-18-2011, 08:38 PM
Okay. I'll get one of those travel pouches to keep it safe and on my being at all times. Thanks!

luaradawn
07-05-2011, 06:26 PM
how old do you have to be to need a picture

docsven
07-07-2011, 04:33 PM

I would say no to this and to the passport because it is not in English and the staff may not have an idea where to look for that info. You have plenty of time to go to any state office and get a Texas ID that is a legal even with your passport. Sorry this will be inconv in a way, BUT it will help alleviate any misunderstandings on the age restrictions.

Go get a state ID and that will be ok./DOC

docsven
07-07-2011, 04:33 PM
how old do you have to be to need a picture

State ID's have a picture. Get one of those./DOC

docsven
07-07-2011, 04:35 PM
We can't accept copies, it needs to be your actual passport.

The Mexican ones have conflicting dates and usually are not in English. I would recommend just getting a state ID. Anyone can get them and they are legal ID's./DOC

SweetlyDemented
07-08-2011, 05:18 PM
The Mexican ones have conflicting dates and usually are not in English. I would recommend just getting a state ID. Anyone can get them and they are legal ID's./DOC

After talking to some friends, it looks like we won't be around for the 17/18+ events after all. Thank you for the information. A state ID sounds like a good idea for future cons, but I recommend you get a Spanish-speaking person on your staff team. I mean; It's San Antonio; Plenty of Spanish-speakers to go around.

docsven
07-10-2011, 05:25 AM
We have plenty of people on staff that can speak Spanish and many other languages, BUT that still does not mean we accept ID's that are not state issued or have legibility issues. English ID's are the norm here in the USA so I would go ahead and get it. There is plenty of time between today and the show. It takes no time at all. See you at the show!/DOC

SweetlyDemented
07-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Alrighty, thank you. I hope this will help clear up doubts any other peeps might've had regarding IDs!