PDA

View Full Version : Winchester Mystery House

dysistheawesome
07-09-2011, 04:54 PM
Has anyone heard of it? I was doing some research on the Winchester rifles and happened to stumble onto the Winchester Mystery House and am really fascinated by it. If Mrs. Winchester really did build the house to confuse spirits that were "following" her, I would imagine she did a really good job. I mean, I would have never imagined a house where doors open to solid walls, doors that open to nothing on the second/third floor (you would literally fall down to the outside garden), stairs that lead to the roof, stairs that go up then down (taking you nowhere), windows as the floor, and hidden passages/rooms.

It sounds so crazy, but I want to visit this house. I would like to see all these odd doors and stairs and such.

TheSockNinja
07-09-2011, 05:23 PM
I went a month ago or so. They don't allow pics inside the house, but spent 3 hours walking around the place. Wikipedia and their website is your friend. If you ever get to San Jose, i recommend it.

http://www.winchestermysteryhouse.com/

dysistheawesome
07-09-2011, 05:58 PM
Wahh~! So cool! :O

Too bad they don't allow pictures, I would have loved to see some. Did you get any creepy vibes from the house? (Not that I believe in ghosts or anything, just out of curiosity.My mom however, does believe in ghosts.)

happygoldfish
07-09-2011, 06:24 PM
I've been a couple of times, when my family lived in California. That place does have a definite creepy vibe, whether you believe in ghosts or not. To me, it was amazing to see such a weird combination of opulence and insanity; all the staircases into ceilings, rooms with 13 everything, and spontaneous bathrooms o.O The only thing that ruins the experience though, is if you take the guided tour, it dumps you off in the gift shop XD Kinda hard to believe in ghosts and stuff when they're trying to sell you cheap knick-knacks and t-shirts.

dysistheawesome
07-10-2011, 09:45 AM
The only thing that ruins the experience though, is if you take the guided tour, it dumps you off in the gift shop XD Kinda hard to believe in ghosts and stuff when they're trying to sell you cheap knick-knacks and t-shirts.

lol xD

That part made me laugh XD True though, That does seem like it would ruin the whole creepy experience. I'd probably buy a t-shirt though XD (I collect T-shirts from places then cut them up to make them unique)

TheSockNinja
07-12-2011, 03:37 PM
It's alright, just a really big house built by a crazy person. lots of cool stuff to look at.