PDA

View Full Version : August 13th Game Over Classic Game Fest!

Totakeke
07-21-2011, 03:07 PM
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

Game Over Classic Game Fest -Music Melee and More! (http://m.facebook.com/event.php?eid=169232959812437#!/event.php?eid=169232959812437&refid=24)

I'm sure after a week everyone will have a bit of post con blues after San Japan, and do we have the cure for you!

Didn't get enough of Descendants of Erdrick at the con? Missed the show because you were caught in a tough Yugioh duel? Whatever reason, one of my all time favorite bands will be performing! Don't miss this free show!!!

Yes, my band will be making our premier at this event! FIRST LIVE! We will be pulling out the BFG9000 for this event! Been waiting for this official announcement, boy was it hard to hold my tongue, even if I have been dropping hints! I am excitebiked!

Oh, and up many people's alley, there will be a video game cosplay contest! There will be a game tourney, Star Control 2 for 3DO, and prizes awarded for both!

I hope to see you all there! This is going to be a blast!

Totakeke
07-31-2011, 09:54 PM
Hey everyone, just wanted to bump and jump this and remind everyone of this awesome event the weekend after San Japan. It will for sure be a great relief from post con blues.

Oh and DO NOT miss Descendants of Erdrick at San Japan! They totally tore it up last night at Bit-Gen and had bands raving about them at the after party. If you do not catch the show for whatever reason, perfect chance to see them, and if you do catch the show, perfect chance to see them again. Trust me, you will want to see them play live as much as possible.

reperbone
08-01-2011, 07:41 AM
I may attend this, depends on work and everything.

Totakeke
08-07-2011, 06:36 PM
I have post con blues already D:

Well, gotta be the hero and do what I can to make this show good enough to help wipe that out! Fortunately, we will be working with Descendants of Erdrick. If you missed their show Friday night, or saw it and want to see them again, this is the perfect event.

Plus, it is at Game Over, and they are wonderful people to work with, the store is packed full of awesome classic games and is one of the best game stores in town, hands down. Perfect chance to check out the store and buy a few games you need.

Totakeke
08-10-2011, 09:06 PM
Well, I know a good bit of people said they will show up to this, so its looking to be big!

Let me look up some info and edit it in. But from my memory....

1-6 Star Controll2 Tourney. This is also an attempt to pressure the developers into making a Star Control 3 IIRC

5-10 NEO-GEO Expo. I collector will have his Neo-Geo and such for display and hopefully some game play.

7-8:30 is the cosplay contest. Looks to be video game only are eligible to participate for the prizes. I am looking forward to seeing any costumes I missed from San Japan. Plus you can win a gift card to the awesomest classic gaming store in TX!

8:30-9 Deathmatch 2600 performs. Yes, our first live performance. Don't worry, we have no budget for fake blood cannons and stuff like that yet.

9-10 Descendants of Erdrick perform. Always a high energy performance from this band. Its a real pleasure to be opening up for them, and I hope to see some new fans from San Japan there too!

10-11 meet and greet with the band. But...you can meet and greet me there whenever you see me. I will probably come up to you if I know you too.

So this Saturday. August 13th.Game Over Video Games. 602 NW loop 410, Suite #111 right off the access road. :smile:

Darth Sebastian
08-10-2011, 09:10 PM
8:30-9 Deathmatch 2600 performs. Yes, our first live performance. Don't worry, we have no budget for fake blood cannons and stuff like that yet.

Aww, no fake blood cannons? You drive a hard bargain, but I'll show up.

ErazDod
08-10-2011, 09:44 PM
I'm gonna try my best to go to this, but I work until 6, so I might not get there until 7 or 8

Totakeke
08-12-2011, 02:17 PM
Hey everyone, this is gonna be tomorrow, so get on over there!

Tonight is other stuff too, so you could swing by and check on that, but tomorrow are the freeconcerts! Anyone gonna be in the costume contest? I take bribes in the form of hugs and candy ;) oh wait I'm not a judge but I can be a loud guy shouting "WOOOOOOT!"

Hope to see everyone there tomorrow. Get there around 6:30-7pm for the costume contest, 8:30 is when Deathmatch hits the floor, then Descendants of Erdrick at 9pm.

happygoldfish
08-12-2011, 02:27 PM
If all goes well, I'm hoping to make it! ;)

reperbone
08-12-2011, 03:33 PM
I am off and hope to be in attendance.

Totakeke
08-13-2011, 02:38 PM
Alrighty, this is tonight! Just hours from now.

I hope to see you all out there. Good luck to the cosplayers! I hope everyone enjoys themselves and buys merch...from DoE, as we don't have any merch yet LOL!

And thanks everyone.

P.S. Eraz, if you need a ride home, I may be able to do that.

Totakeke
11-01-2011, 01:07 PM
So to everyone that did not make this show, here it is! If you aren't familiar with Sushi Crowd, this is thanks to their efforts!

They are probably around these parts, lurking in the shadows, watching our every move and documenting it. Sometimes it's awesome things!

Well here is the youtube clip. It's long, we take up around the first 15-20 minutes. You can hear YoSoy in the background a few times! XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRNcRD066VU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

zOmfgRick
11-01-2011, 04:00 PM
will this ever happen again?

Totakeke
11-01-2011, 04:08 PM
For sure! Game Over has their Classic Game Fest in the summer, but they do hold events from time to time like this as well. Whenever Deathmatch is going to be playing again, I will be posting it up.

zOmfgRick
11-01-2011, 04:28 PM
thanks for the look out