PDA

View Full Version : San Japan 4tw Cosplay Show Winners

thegearproject
08-10-2011, 10:12 PM
Big thanks to Balorn for getting this list together for us. Here is the list of winning entries at the Cosplay Show, in case you missed it.

Nabeshin Award: Excalibur (Soul Eater)
Best in Youth: Bowser (Super Mario Bros.)

Hall cosplay (novice) runner up: Princess Zelda (Legend of Zelda)
Hall cosplay (novice) best: Tira (Soul Calibur)
Hall cosplay (open) runner up: Rydia (Final Fantasy IV)
Hall cosplay (open) best: Lilith (Darkstalkers/Cross Edge)

Judge's awards:
Erza Scarlett (Fairy Tail)
Batman Rogue's Gallery (Joker, Harley Quinn, Catwoman)
Dalek Strom (Doctor Who)
Hinoto (X/1999)
American Diet Skit (Axis Powers Hetalia)

Best walk-on (novice): Pyramid Head and Nurse (Silent Hill)
Best walk-on (open): Musketeer and Warlock (Granado Espada)

Best skit (novice): Ahiru (Princess Tutu)
Best skit (open): Death Note: Light the Demon Writer of Fleet Street

Best craftsmanship (novice): Rapidash (Pokemon)
Best craftsmanship (open): Kuja (Final Fantasy IX)

Best in class (novice): Kyuubi (Naruto)
Best in class (open): Luffy and Neferti (One Piece)

Best in show: Wander and the Colossus (Shadow of the Colossus)

ChibiBritt
08-11-2011, 08:44 AM
Quick question!

I was curious about the Death Note skit that took the award. Did they write the lyrics and also record them? Do they have a group name?

Proz
08-11-2011, 09:02 AM
Quick question!

I was curious about the Death Note skit that took the award. Did they write the lyrics and also record them? Do they have a group name?

Here is the video to maybe answer your question. I believe the songs are a take-off from Sweeny Todd (could be wrong).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_FyNs-BXbI

ChibiBritt
08-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Hah thanks Dave! Unfortunately it doesn't answer my question on if the pre-recording was those on stage or not. I must have these people for Idol. Or at the very least we can nerd it up theatre style.

thegearproject
08-11-2011, 10:58 AM
Hah thanks Dave! Unfortunately it doesn't answer my question on if the pre-recording was those on stage or not. I must have these people for Idol. Or at the very least we can nerd it up theatre style.

You'd have to contact them, but I think that's their youtube page, so maybe you can reach them through there?

cuddlemonster
08-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Hello everyone! :biggrin:

Yes! We did write our own lyrics and record them for the skit (although, you may have noticed that many of the lyrics are similar to the original song). The singer for Light's voice was actually the last member of our group, Migaruke, that wasn't able to make it to the convention but we were lucky enough to have him for recording. Here's the link to our channel if anyone is interested in seeing our other skits: http://www.youtube.com/paroparoinc
We are working on getting the video on our channel soon with subtitles! We're so happy to know people enjoyed our skit as much as we loved performing it!

If anyone is interested, Migaruke is the one that plays Luffy, Godot, Koga and Joe.

-Cuddlemonster of Paro Paro, Inc.

KittyUncaged
09-01-2011, 11:54 AM
omg! I won???? i was tira from soul calibur!! i got sick and wasnt able to stay through it all.

zenb
09-01-2011, 07:14 PM
i enjoyed grelle sing that song about sebastian :3