PDA

View Full Version : San Japan 6 / 2013 - Aug. 16th-18th, 2013

Proz
09-22-2011, 11:30 AM
Know what I've been doing for the past month? Trying to hammer out a date for SJ6.

After a lot of e-mails going back and forth, it looks like we got a date. Working out the terms now. Should have everything settled by next month.

The bad news is that it'll be right when a lot of people who are in high school & college are prepping to go back to school.

Trust me, I tried to get anything in July or early August but nothing was available. It was looking bleak.

This was the best option that we could do.
Oh yeah, and we already have a theme decided too.

KittyAnne7152
09-22-2011, 11:35 AM
6 and 13 are both numbers in my birth date, that's what I immediately thought.... But shoot! How late in August are we talking, close to A-Fest time, like near labor day? I hope I'm here.... :/

Proz
09-22-2011, 11:37 AM
6 and 13 are both numbers in my birth date, that's what I immediately thought.... But shoot! How late in August are we talking, close to A-Fest time, like near labor day? I hope I'm here.... :/

2 weeks prior to it. We're already anticipating that it'll ding us fairly hard on attendance.

DezzyDiamond
09-22-2011, 11:43 AM
That will really be tough =/ hopefully things will work out on the date

KittyAnne7152
09-22-2011, 12:05 PM
Man, that's rough. I don't know if I can make that date... :/

DezzyDiamond
09-22-2011, 12:24 PM
i know i can cuz i i can't afford afest =/ but im sure there will be a way for attendance to maintain itself

Peachy
09-22-2011, 04:38 PM
I wouldn't miss SJ for the world.

Fox
09-22-2011, 10:04 PM
I think I might have a pretty good chance of going...after all I plan on going to college in SA :)

ErazDod
09-23-2011, 11:53 PM
I would skip class for SJ, and I am not ashamed to admit that.

Also, Fox, if your Class of 2012 sig is a reference to TWEWY, you're totally awesome ^^

pyramidheadgirl
09-24-2011, 01:29 AM
lol Ill be there for sure long as Im still alive XD

KittyAnne7152
09-24-2011, 01:39 PM
See, it's easy for your guys to say this, as you are all in Texas for the foreseeable future. There is a great chance I will be in TN during the time SJ6 is going on.
And people like me, who can't help being in a different state during con time due to school, are the ones Proz is expecting to ding the attendance.
Although, looking at a calendar... If it is two weeks before Labor day like Proz said, that puts it at around what, Aug 16-18?
Hahaha, that'll be cutting it awful close for me if that's true. I might be leaving directly from the con to the airport to leave for Nashville.

Fox
09-24-2011, 04:38 PM
@ Eraz
haha...I actually just found out about TWEWY fairly recently...I felt like I'd been living under a rock or something. *sweatdrop*

@kitty
that sucks...all I can say is that I hope it works out for ya :/ sorrys

RedeadDie
09-25-2011, 05:33 PM
I'm done with both highschool and college...but if I sign up for the military....

Hrrmm, here's hoping to I don't sent over anywhere around that time.

thedeadlyone
10-01-2011, 11:15 PM
I would skip class for SJ, and I am not ashamed to admit that.

LOL, who wouldn't skip class for SJ??? XDDD

Puritysan
10-09-2011, 01:41 PM
Ouch. That is a painful date. D: -petpet-
Well, SJ is more than likely on my plate for 2013, than AnimeFest.

RedeadDie
10-09-2011, 08:41 PM
Well, I'm really hoping I get hired at this one store that was very taken with me. Seems like they want to hire me and said I can have yearly time off just for SJ if I get hired. Praying it happens.

konoha_jounin
10-18-2011, 09:25 AM
I really hope I'm in College Station by then, any other colleges taking me will be too far out of state for me either to come back to SA or procrastinate in returning to campus...

Proz
10-28-2011, 01:40 AM
Dates are locked. Signed the hotel commitment tonight. Once the Conv. Center side contracts are signed, I'll make it official.

Puritysan
10-28-2011, 06:36 PM
AND WE HAVEN'T EVEN START MACH 5. JEEZUS PROZ. LET US BREATHE. xD

Proz
10-29-2011, 03:17 PM
AND WE HAVEN'T EVEN START MACH 5. JEEZUS PROZ. LET US BREATHE. xD

In this business, you have to be at min. 2 years planned out. Ideally is 3-5 years.

RedeadDie
10-31-2011, 11:30 AM
As long as SJ 6 is not close to Blizzcon 2013, I'm good.

Proz
10-31-2011, 12:23 PM
As long as SJ 6 is not close to Blizzcon 2013, I'm good.

SJ will always be in the time window of Post 4th Of July up to the 3rd week of August.

LadyOtaku
10-31-2011, 02:38 PM
ill still be here in 2013 cus im going to san or northwest vista for art so yeah hopefully ill go XD :3

Proz
11-14-2011, 11:18 AM
Signed the convention center contract. The dates are locked in.

Puritysan
11-18-2011, 09:36 PM
Wheeeeeeee

Proz
06-05-2012, 11:38 AM
Add to the hype: Big plans for a well-known event that cosplayers will be thrilled to hear about is going to come to San Japan in 2013.

Puritysan
06-06-2012, 12:34 AM
Cosplay summit? 8d

happygoldfish
06-06-2012, 06:04 PM
Add to the hype: Big plans for a well-known event that cosplayers will be thrilled to hear about is going to come to San Japan in 2013.

I'm sure you probably can't for legal reasons....but I'm dying to know, can you give us a hint? Pretty, pretty please?

Proz
06-06-2012, 07:36 PM
I'm sure you probably can't for legal reasons....but I'm dying to know, can you give us a hint? Pretty, pretty please?

Gave the only hint that I can. Will spill the beans at Closing Ceremonies and post-SJ5 as it'll be a Really Big Deal.

happygoldfish
06-06-2012, 08:02 PM
Gave the only hint that I can. Will spill the beans at Closing Ceremonies and post-SJ5 as it'll be a Really Big Deal.

Ah okay, darn. Guess I'll just have to wait then ^.^

alycan16
06-07-2012, 07:51 PM
so excited :D

Bebo
08-15-2012, 05:26 AM
Good good, I have already purchased my pass :D

alycan16
08-15-2012, 11:57 AM
so when will we be able to pre-reg and reserve a room?

Puritysan
08-15-2012, 12:24 PM
The moment you realise you were right.

ROFL.

Puritysan
08-15-2012, 12:25 PM
so when will we be able to pre-reg and reserve a room?

A $32 pre-reg is going on now until 10/15, then it'll jump again.
http://sanjapan6.reg-it.org/
It was $27.50 before the 14th. XD
Man those 3 days moved fast.

As for hotel, Proz told me on facebook 60 days at most after SJ5?

ThePlayboyBunny
08-15-2012, 03:04 PM
The bad news is that it'll be right when a lot of people who are in high school & college are prepping to go back to school.

As a college student, I'm okay with the circumstances you found yourself in. We'll survive.

Puritysan
08-15-2012, 03:10 PM
It just means you shouldn't leave everything til the last minute next year. lol

Proz
08-15-2012, 09:18 PM
Room reservations will go up by no later than Sept. 30th for Grand Hyatt. It'll start at $119/night. Will also talk with surrounding hotels to ensure that options are available.

lattin12
08-15-2012, 09:18 PM
Room reservations will go up by no later than Sept. 30th for Grand Hyatt. It'll start at $119/night. Will also talk with surrounding hotels to ensure that options are available.

Sweetness :D

Puritysan
08-15-2012, 11:36 PM
Yes. X3

ThePlayboyBunny
08-16-2012, 02:04 PM
It just means you shouldn't leave everything til the last minute next year. lol

I honestly have no idea how any college student would find this conflicting. College prep:

1. Are you registered for classes?
2. Do you have supplies?

If you answered yes to both, then you're prepared.

Proz
08-16-2012, 02:05 PM
I honestly have no idea how any college student would find this conflicting. College prep:

1. Are you registered for classes?
2. Do you have supplies?

If you answered yes to both, then you're prepared.

You're forgetting number 3: move-in date, if you're living on campus.

Puritysan
08-16-2012, 02:20 PM
NUMBER 3 IS CRUCIAL. Especially if you're going to college out of state.

theSock.Monkey.Renegade
08-16-2012, 02:55 PM

NUMBER 3 IS CRUCIAL. Especially if you're going to college out of state.

Which is basically my dilemma for next year.

First day of move in for Vanderbilt next year is going to be the Sunday of San Japan, so essentially, I am going to be leaving from the con to the airport and shipping out to Nashville that night, haha. It's gonna be fun times.

GazeAddict
08-16-2012, 02:56 PM
I know SJ6 is far away from now, but its always never a bad idea to start planning things out. :biggrin: I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it to SJ6 becasue of several issues going on right now but I know I'll be at A-Kon 2013. But nevertheless, I'm planning some cosplays already. :D

Possible future cosplays- (Just some I can think of! I will probably have more in the next few months! xD)

Hetalia: Prussia w/ Hungry, America, fem!Denmark, fem!Finland (may wear it again! :D), Romania, fem!Canada
Final Fantasy - Serah w/ Lightning (FFXIII), fem!Cloud (The infamous scene of FFVII), Chocolina (FFXIII-2), Hope (FFXIII), Sephiroth (FFVII)
Kingdom Hearts - Zexion (May wear it again)
Black Butler - Sebastian, Ciel, Madam Red
Random Ideas - Ice Climbers (SSB), Pikachu (Pokemon), Akaito (Vocaloid), Shizou w/ Izaya (Durarara!)

Puritysan
08-16-2012, 06:57 PM
All I ask is someone drag me to cosplay show this year, because, it being WCS... ****e should be awesome. I hope. >>

Puritysan
08-16-2012, 06:58 PM

First day of move in for Vanderbilt next year is going to be the Sunday of San Japan, so essentially, I am going to be leaving from the con to the airport and shipping out to Nashville that night, haha. It's gonna be fun times.

That will be redicoulously fun. Are you getting some of your stuff shipped to you, or is there anyway to take it all to the Airport that morning, or something? ;;

theSock.Monkey.Renegade
08-16-2012, 08:49 PM
That will be redicoulously fun. Are you getting some of your stuff shipped to you, or is there anyway to take it all to the Airport that morning, or something? ;;

Most of my stuff stays in storage in Nashville during the summer, so clothes are all I really bring with me. I'll just have my mom drop me at the hotel for the weekend with my suitcases and then take a cab to the airport. Either that or have my mom and little brother meet me at the airport to bring my suitcases and take my car back. I might even be driving to Nashville next year, it's up in the air. I'll find a way to work things out though!

malemocynt
08-16-2012, 09:27 PM
This idea just came to me for my vinyl exhibit. I did notice the P/A equipment used in the panel rooms, and I was offered use of one, though I declined that since I was using my own equipment.

Buuuuut . . . I think I may consider investing in my own personal P/A unit, since I don't really need one that powerful for my purposes.

What I'm thinking of doing to add onto my exhibit is turn it into a "radio show", as in I could very well be talking between songs, giving factlets and other commentary that I can't fit on the whiteboard, and who knows, other things may happen too.

Puritysan
08-16-2012, 10:00 PM
Not to step on any toes here, but is there any way possible to get a time set aside for volunteers to get autographs... I mean. We do work. So.. some of us might not get the chance to go stand in line.

I mean. You could even apply the same "first 100 people" thing here. But. Still. :( I was deeply saddened I wasn't able to get Sabat's autograph. Or any. I even arrived half an hour before the half hour we were allowed to start lining up and there was already people there, crowding, so... XD

Kuri
08-16-2012, 10:52 PM
This idea just came to me for my vinyl exhibit. I did notice the P/A equipment used in the panel rooms, and I was offered use of one, though I declined that since I was using my own equipment.

Buuuuut . . . I think I may consider investing in my own personal P/A unit, since I don't really need one that powerful for my purposes.

What I'm thinking of doing to add onto my exhibit is turn it into a "radio show", as in I could very well be talking between songs, giving factlets and other commentary that I can't fit on the whiteboard, and who knows, other things may happen too.
You could also get 'guest' speakers, and let congoers make shout outs. Plus, it would be awesome for yo to be able to say the name of the song before and after it played. ;D

Izayanla
08-17-2012, 11:36 AM
Room reservations will go up by no later than Sept. 30th for Grand Hyatt.

Ah so awesome c: I can't wait to reserve my hotel room! I just bought my Gold Pass today too so I'm so excited!

ThePlayboyBunny
08-17-2012, 03:04 PM

I can't speak for UTSA (or any other San Antonio universities with dorms), but at UNT I think the earliest we were permitted to move in was the Wednesday before the week of school, giving us 5 days to move in. What's more, I know that I didn't even arrive until late Saturday night.

theSock.Monkey.Renegade
08-17-2012, 09:51 PM
I can't speak for UTSA (or any other San Antonio universities with dorms), but at UNT I think the earliest we were permitted to move in was the Wednesday before the week of school, giving us 5 days to move in. What's more, I know that I didn't even arrive until late Saturday night.

Yeah, but when you go to school out of state, that date become a lot more crucial, and you have a lot less wiggle room. Plus, being a music student, all of my auditions for ensembles are during the move in week, so I have to be in and settled as soon as I possibly can.

Basically, there are a lot of different situations, and SJ being so late in August is definitely a problem for some people.

a_nikki
08-18-2012, 11:04 AM
Basically, there are a lot of different situations, and SJ being so late in August is definitely a problem for some people.

SJ6 is during Tax Free Weekend next year and since I work in retail there is no way I'm getting off for it. Neither will half of my group that came this year. We were all a bunch of sad pandas when we realized :(

Whitephoenix
08-18-2012, 01:58 PM
Professor Farnsworth
Tony Kakko (Sonata Arctica)
Slave Leia (Yes, I am a Male. No, I wont shave)
Kilted Cowboy with the purple kilt
Squall (i may resurrect him)
Westernpunk Cowboy
a desilpunk mobster (zoot suit and fedora)

joy1579
08-18-2012, 07:17 PM
me and my friends adorded staying at the overflow hotel (mariot riverwalk) this year and we were wondering if it would be used again we enjoyed the fact that it wasnt as croweded as the main hotel and was still close.
will you be doing the same thing at sanjapan 6?
and if so when can we expect that open?
sorry if this is a problem i was just wondering?

Wheels
08-19-2012, 01:13 PM

Especially with your phobia of planes! Jeepers-creepers. I'm for starting a collection plate to get you a car before SJ6. Who's with me?

Not to step on any toes here, but is there any way possible to get a time set aside for volunteers to get autographs... I mean. We do work. So.. some of us might not get the chance to go stand in line.

I mean. You could even apply the same "first 100 people" thing here. But. Still. :( I was deeply saddened I wasn't able to get Sabat's autograph. Or any. I even arrived half an hour before the half hour we were allowed to start lining up and there was already people there, crowding, so... XD
I like that idea. You guys put in a lot of hard work to help keep San Japan running smoothly! It sounds quite reasonable that you guys should (if it's possible to work that out between staff and guests) get a time allocated for meet and greets.

I hear the theme for next year is villains? Good thing I've been researching for the best possible version of Poison Ivy to cosplay...

Proz
08-19-2012, 04:21 PM
me and my friends adorded staying at the overflow hotel (mariot riverwalk) this year and we were wondering if it would be used again we enjoyed the fact that it wasnt as croweded as the main hotel and was still close.
will you be doing the same thing at sanjapan 6?
and if so when can we expect that open?
sorry if this is a problem i was just wondering?

We will be talking with them over the coming months. We'd like to use them again if a deal can be worked out.

KimyouTeki
09-02-2012, 10:03 PM
When can we submit for our panels?

Proz
09-02-2012, 11:18 PM
They will open in late November.

EvilPopKorn
10-23-2012, 11:59 PM
Ive got a request. Could we have SakeVisual back as a booth and/or panel? I loved seeing them there this year!