PDA

View Full Version : Artist Alley

darkwolfalika
10-23-2011, 08:27 PM
Who all is going to sign up this year? And what kind of stuff will you bring?

I'm trying to decide if I'll sign up or not. I really want to,but I don't think my stuff is good enough to sell yet.

MaggieTheCat
10-23-2011, 10:40 PM
I am definitely planning on going again. I've had an AA table for the last two years and it's been a blast. I sell chainmail jewelry and polymer clay charms. Name's Studio Sweet, in case you've seen my booth. If you are planning on getting a table, be aware that they will sell out very fast. SJ 2011 tables sold out in around 30 minutes. Proz has said that they are expecting AA to sell out in 10-15 minutes this year once registration opens.

darkwolfalika
11-05-2011, 04:20 PM
Well,I finally have a good computer program for coloring,so that may help me decide. Plus,I'm going to enter in the Art contest. So,if I'm too slow or something,maybe I might win one. I have a good idea already

darkwolfalika
11-19-2011, 02:57 PM
Do you guys think my stuff is good enough for the artist alley,or should I wait till next year? http://darkwolfalika.deviantart.com/

darkwolfalika
12-13-2011, 09:37 PM
Thought I would get some feedback on that to help me decide but I think to just enter in the art contest. It will help me home my skills till then. And if I don't get a table,I can just do it next time. Or maybe if I wanna draw,find me a spot where I won't be in the way and do quick pictures of people for free to practice. :biggrin:

Ceeney
01-02-2012, 11:15 PM
yes yes fuwafuwa plans on returning to the AA with lots of cute plushies and things like last year...
and of course my sister and I will be in maid dresses heheh

Thought I would get some feedback on that to help me decide but I think to just enter in the art contest. It will help me home my skills till then. And if I don't get a table,I can just do it next time. Or maybe if I wanna draw,find me a spot where I won't be in the way and do quick pictures of people for free to practice. :biggrin:
ah, well if you're not sure I suggest starting out at a smaller con for your first AA, since I think san japan's gotten surprisingly big! then you can figure out what people like, what people don't like, prices, etc. before spending $100 on an AA table. I think sharing a table with a friend is a good idea for your first time so you can help each other out and stuff.

also your drawings are very cute! although for prints and such i'd recommend working on some backgrounds to make them more detailed and eye-catching

DezzyDiamond
01-03-2012, 10:00 AM
I plan on having my first San Japan artist alley >w< it will be either my 4th or 7th con sales huzzah! I just need to work out some kinks but my prices are still uber low and my wigs are still cheaper than the other wig people and they are heat resistant so I hope I get more work in with that

Proz
01-06-2012, 10:21 AM
It has been pushed to March 23rd on sign-up. Not happy with the conv. center who keep pushing off a key decision on the space availability.

LUCKILY, this won't be an issue for SJ6 as we already have it locked in.

Ceeney
01-06-2012, 10:16 PM
It has been pushed to March 23rd on sign-up. Not happy with the conv. center who keep pushing off a key decision on the space availability.

LUCKILY, this won't be an issue for SJ6 as we already have it locked in.

thanks for letting us know!
I really appreciate how organized you guys all are, and how quick you are to update everyone, it definitely makes it easier for me ahaha

Proz
01-07-2012, 12:05 AM
thanks for letting us know!
I really appreciate how organized you guys all are, and how quick you are to update everyone, it definitely makes it easier for me ahaha

No problem at all. What we stride for.

Patches
01-15-2012, 06:37 PM
i wonder who will be selling masks... hmm>.>...

darkwolfalika
01-16-2012, 04:28 PM
ah, well if you're not sure I suggest starting out at a smaller con for your first AA, since I think san japan's gotten surprisingly big! then you can figure out what people like, what people don't like, prices, etc. before spending $100 on an AA table. I think sharing a table with a friend is a good idea for your first time so you can help each other out and stuff.

also your drawings are very cute! although for prints and such i'd recommend working on some backgrounds to make them more detailed and eye-catching

Thank you for the feedback and advice. :redface:
Yea,backgrounds are where I suck the most. I am working with screentones and the like to help me out

Ceeney
01-19-2012, 06:11 PM
Thank you for the feedback and advice. :redface:
Yea,backgrounds are where I suck the most. I am working with screentones and the like to help me out

you're welcome~! and if it turns out you don't like the drawn in backgrounds, just colorful patterned backgrounds look nice!

Proz
03-23-2012, 08:23 PM
Link finally goes live in 35 minutes. We've had bets on how fast the tables will sell out. I say 15 minutes, some have said 10 minutes.

pyramidheadgirl
03-23-2012, 08:24 PM
so anxious T__T

Proz
03-23-2012, 08:36 PM
Hopefully the website can handle it -_-

Proz
03-23-2012, 10:28 PM
Looks like it couldn't help it. Had to push it to April 16th. Sorry everyone :(

Puritysan
03-23-2012, 10:35 PM
Server overlooooooooooooooooad

Proz
03-24-2012, 06:47 PM
Think I found an adequate solution that still allows it to be FCFS. It will no longer be on the San Japan website and would be on a server that can handle the traffic.

pyramidheadgirl
03-24-2012, 07:51 PM
Ooh and where shall this be :D

Proz
03-24-2012, 08:04 PM
The new sign-up time is Monday, April 16th @ 9PM. This will be the sign-up link: http://bit.ly/sj5aatables. This will allow every person to camp on the form site and not on the San Japan website.

Considering how many people it takes to crash the server, this is going to go faster than a stack of pancakes at a HS football breakfast.

pyramidheadgirl
03-24-2012, 09:10 PM
This is so scary yet exciting ><

randomizer9
03-26-2012, 01:26 AM
Good luck, your Baldness!

Proz
04-17-2012, 12:40 AM
All sold out in 2 1/2 minutes. For the most part, the form site was able to handle the traffic. Some probs with about a dozen artists in sending payment but for the most part it worked.

If any drop out happens (but unlikely), they will be announced on July 5th. But don't bank on it.

Puritysan
04-17-2012, 09:00 AM
Considering how many people it takes to crash the server, this is going to go faster than a stack of pancakes at a HS football breakfast.

mmm pancakes.

Proz
06-27-2012, 04:07 PM
A notice out was sent out today that electricity would not be provided or made available inside the Exhibit Hall where Artist Alley will be located.

YoSoyJaponesa~
06-27-2012, 04:17 PM
A notice out was sent out today that electricity would not be provided or made available inside the Exhibit Hall where Artist Alley will be located.

How about the hotel for the Late Night AA?

Proz
06-27-2012, 04:22 PM
How about the hotel for the Late Night AA?

There are outlets on the Hyatt 4th floor where Late Night AA but its unknown how far. Bring extension cables and tape (gaffer preferred, duct tape if got nothing)

Proz
07-07-2012, 12:55 AM
Releasing a few tables on Monday, the 9th. Link: http://sjgo.co/sj5AAjuly

DezzyDiamond
07-07-2012, 02:53 PM
What are the hours for the late night AA

Proz
07-07-2012, 08:53 PM
What are the hours for the late night AA

Open 24 hours but traffic will be very light during the day.

DezzyDiamond
07-07-2012, 10:43 PM
Open 24 hours but traffic will be very light during the day.

Alrighty

Proz
07-17-2012, 06:54 PM
Artist table assignments now posted. http://www.san-japan.org/sjinfo/art/artistalley-assign

Late night AA tables are all FCFS.

DezzyDiamond
07-17-2012, 10:24 PM
Artist table assignments now posted. http://www.san-japan.org/sjinfo/art/artistalley-assign

Late night AA tables are all FCFS.

What does that mean for the late night tables?

Proz
07-17-2012, 10:39 PM
What does that mean for the late night tables?

If you want to choose a table then you check-in Thursday evening at the Convention Center to claim your table in the Late Night section. There's only 5 so its not like every spot is the best.

DezzyDiamond
07-17-2012, 11:23 PM
If you want to choose a table then you check-in Thursday evening at the Convention Center to claim your table in the Late Night section. There's only 5 so its not like every spot is the best.

Ah thanks :-) what time is check in?

Proz
07-18-2012, 09:15 AM
Earliest is 8pm Thursday but you can check-in any time Friday.

DezzyDiamond
07-18-2012, 10:37 AM
I will be there thursday.