PDA

View Full Version : Vampires!

Peachy
12-11-2011, 04:17 PM
A roundtable about the title horror creature, hosted by yours truly and guests.

Peachy
01-04-2012, 04:17 PM
Does anyone have any titles (books, movie, etc.) to recommend?

lattin12
01-05-2012, 10:27 AM
All the teen books? And anime Vampire Bund...

SarielLunar
01-05-2012, 11:12 PM
For the more adult crowd there is the Black Dagger Brotherhood By J.R. Ward. Not anime btw. And Buffy the Vampire Slayer. (yeah I know hate me but if you like Twilight you have no room to judge!)

Peachy
01-06-2012, 12:03 AM
Favorite titles will be one of the topics. Just keep it civil and PG13, okay?

gothlibrarian
01-06-2012, 04:40 PM
No diss'n the Twilight eh?! It's not going to be all Twilight is it? I am a major Joss Whedon fan so I love Buffy and Angel. In anime I love Vampire Knight, Vampire Hunter D and Hellsing. Not so interested in Twilight although it's nice to see young people reading. :p

Fox
01-06-2012, 10:57 PM
I'm a big Anne Rice fan

Patches
01-18-2012, 12:24 PM
You can never go wrong with Anne Rice. However! why not start a discussion on the difference between the romantic( beautiful beings who view this as a curse) vampire and the true vampire ( Feral beasts who are not beautiful) and a long lecture on why Vampires do not sparkle. Such as the fact that vampire cells cannot handle the influx of vitamin D that comes with sunlight and hence explode.

Maru
01-18-2012, 07:22 PM
I told you, I would diss twilight.

Peachy
01-19-2012, 02:08 AM
As I've said before, there's a lot to discuss, but let's keep it civil, shall we?

marken
02-11-2012, 04:11 PM
As I've said before, there's a lot to discuss, but let's keep it civil, shall we?

Yes please. If all you can do is sit around and hate on Twilight, perhaps create a Why Twilight Has Set Back Feminism and Good Vampire Stories and Is Horribly Racist panel where you can pick at Twilight to your heart's content.

As for other vampire topics, it would be interesting to discuss the romance facet of vampirism and how each series justifies falling in love with a creature that eats you (alt. blood sources, feeding doesn't kill you, this relationship is not an example of a stable relationship anyway, etc). If any one has stories based on non-European vampires, that could be really interesting to discuss.

Other vampire stories/series (I haven't actually read/watched all of these):
LET THE RIGHT ONE IN!!!! (both book, movie, movie remake)
True Blood (books and series)
Vampire Diaries (books and series)
Ann Rice's stuff
I am Legend (?)
Fledgling
Vampire Knight
Rosario+Vampire
Hellsing
Tsukihime
Blood+
Trinity Blood
Hitsuji no Uta (?)
Vampire Hunter D
Vampire Princess Miyu
Tsukuyomi: Moon Phase
Vampire Academy
Fangland
Suckers
You Suck: A Love Story
Dracula
Morganville Vampires
Midnight Breeds
The Night Watch
Sonja Blue
Anno Dracula
Salems Lot
Minion
The Keep

...to name just a few :)

Edit: These are recommendations by my friends so I can't vouch for their quality but OMG LET THE RIGHT ONE IN

Valheru
02-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Hellsing is ok. I honestly prefer the dark side of vampires. They are creatures of night, to be feared respected and hunted down...
Vampire bund was decent (aldults only kids SORRY)

Try 30 days of night if ur looking for a decent vampire horror.

a_nikki
02-28-2012, 03:54 PM
30 Days of Night is awesome and should be on the list of discussion.
Also I would love to discuss the story that started it all - Dracula!

Patches
02-28-2012, 09:09 PM
actually in most cultures Vampires were considered female and only the female ones were ever said to be beautiful. Only in european cultures were there thought to be gorgeous male vampires. all in all when they fed they were never pretty.

ThePlayboyBunny
02-28-2012, 09:43 PM
I don't really care for the sub-culture, but what about True Blood?

Jay
03-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Closed as another Vampire Panel came in before this. Panel may make final draft though, if space is available