Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yu-gi-oh! Duel Monsters?

Talking Yu-gi-oh! Duel Monsters?

Does anyone still play Yugioh, like the old rules version of it with the old cards? I've played the card game since it came out when I was a kid and I miss dueling. I don't like all the new rules and new cards and all of the many people I dueled with all stopped because of it. I have no one to play with but my best friend so I was wondering if anyone would care to duel me during San Japan 5 if I go.

I'd prefer to duel the old fashioned way if there are people out there who miss the old way of playing. Like the original Yugioh and even Yugioh GX, none of the 5'D or Zexal cards or rules to make it more difficult. Just checking to see if anyone is like me and wants to have a duel. ^-^
    This is what the Light and Darkness looks like inside my heart.

The Permanent New Guy ( o ^ .^)b reperbone's Avatar
    i never really got into the series or card game.

I think I may be the person your looking for! Me and some friends at school have been dueling all year. I didn't really keep up with my cards after I moved, cause it wasn't important to me at the time. So I have a few new cards, but surprisingly I've been able to get my hands on a good deal of the old cards.
    "If you think of me as a women, I am a raging demon.
    If you think of me as a man, I am a female angel."

-Awashima

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    I think I may be the person your looking for! Me and some friends at school have been dueling all year. I didn't really keep up with my cards after I moved, cause it wasn't important to me at the time. So I have a few new cards, but surprisingly I've been able to get my hands on a good deal of the old cards.
    Coolies that's great to hear. Well there is pleanty of time till San Japan 5 so maybe you'll get afew cards by then if not then I can try and get some cards to lend you that I have. I have about 3 decks that I made so I could lend you one I don't mind, as long as your willing to duel you'll have the cards no matter what. Thank you mew.

Yay I have an opponent, it only took one day maybe I'll find some more people in the next days or months to come. ^-^

This is going to be fun! To think I'd be dueling at SJ. ^.^ What kind of decks do you have?

-Awashima

Well I have 3 that I made. My main deck that I use all the time, I put lots of time and heart into it when I made it long ago its a deck that's mixed with no particular strategy but to help me win the duel. The second is one that I made for my best friend that is mostly for draining the opponents life point while defending and/or attacking to take out the player slowly. Third is a test deck so its not quite complete but its card thrown in, even old ones like Time Wizard.

I'm happy to see your so excited about dueling like I am.
    Last edited by Fate; 04-01-2012 at 06:53 PM.

The rules have basically stayed the same, just been hashed out and fine-tuned so that it's easier to understand.
    As far as Synchro and Xyz monsters go, they're not that hard to get, and pretty easy to understand.
    I was 'boycotting' Synchro monsters a while back, running Gravekeepers, but then I started playing Karakuris.
    You can ask if people will leave all non-fusion monsters out of their Extra decks, but I think you might have to accept facing Xyz and Synchros.. Of course, there's plenty of ways to deal with Xyz/Synchros, even with only using classic/GX cards (for the twop two decks, Wind-Ups and Inzektors, all you really need is to side in Neko Mane Kings, Shadow-Imprisoning Mirrors, and D.D. Crows.. and Consecrated Lights and Maxx Cs, though those are 5Ds cards)
    San Japan Main Gopher and Karaoke Coordinator
    "If something happens, I get blamed."

Check out my Work! Come, buy things!
    --> SelectionsX <--

Its not that i dont understand the rules...I just prefer the older the version...its the game ofmy childhood haha.

@Fate
    I hope you get to come to SJ. How likely is it that you'll make it? I like the way the seconed deck sounds, but id like to look through em before we duel that way I have a feel for the deck

-Awashima

I haven't bothered with the new rules because everyone I use to duel with in the mall and my friends from school who were all duelists pretty much quit once 5D's cards came out and people started using those and the newer rules came to effect so they simply stopped. I don't mind fusions those have been around from awhile back and are popular in GX, but the older times of dueling with Monster Reborn and all the other banned cards is what I miss, just like I miss watching Yugioh, though I watch it often lol.

@Fox
    Hmm quite likely actually since I already have plans and a spot for a room with 8 other people in a hotel room and I have money saved up. Sure, you can look and read through every card if you want I don't mind.

Sweet!! We'll have to arrange a way to meet up. What day are you gonnaget there?

-Awashima

I think I'm going to get there on Friday dunno the time though, but I'll be there on Friday.

Hm :3 old game for old school players? I LOVE IT!!! i miss playing with old school rules and monsters, same thing happen to me fate i gave up after i dueled one of my friends that had all syncro and just fused all his first cards togather and won right away, i gave up after that sadly... but to hear you want to do an old school duel ill happily be part of this ill be there for all three days. but gonna have to organize my deck big time xD

Quote Originally Posted by Hazama View Post
    Hm :3 old game for old school players? I LOVE IT!!! i miss playing with old school rules and monsters, same thing happen to me fate i gave up after i dueled one of my friends that had all syncro and just fused all his first cards togather and won right away, i gave up after that sadly... but to hear you want to do an old school duel ill happily be part of this ill be there for all three days. but gonna have to organize my deck big time xD
    That's pretty much cheating to me when you can fuze then fuze again then keep doing it each turn. Using a polymerization card to fuze and waiting a turn till you can attack is more fair and cooler when you have to hope you get the card. Feel free to join us, that makes three of us so we can take turns dueling and who knows maybe other will join. Awesome I look forward to dueling then. In the meantime I shall practice against my ultimate rival, myself lol.

I'm a somewhat up to date duelist, but would be trashed in a modern day tournament (I don't have a lot of the newer cards that are pretty much required to compete.) I'd love to churn out an old school deck to play with you guys, I haven't seen anyone summon a Dark Magician in years and those are the cards that made me love the game.

His Little White Kitten DezzyDiamond's Avatar
    I had some old cards but always lost with em. Then I had six samurias and beasted but my ex sold em >.>
    I will be selling at Mizuumi-con and Guesting

Hey I dont mind playing you I still have most of my origninal cards

Quote Originally Posted by DezzyDiamond View Post
    I had some old cards but always lost with em. Then I had six samurias and beasted but my ex sold em >.>
    Aww that's ashame. Hmm well maybe I can bring extra cards I have and you can try making a deck out of that. I actually made 4 decks in total. 2 main ones I use and two spares for variety so I can lend you one of those or you can make one for yourself.

Sure it would be cool to have you all duel with us. I just hope I get anyone one these forums to take me to the convention that lives here where I'm at or someone I can find, it would be sad if I can't go to the duel gathering I brought up but couldn't go lol.

Perhaps we should establish some ground rules, for the sake of fairness. We could use the traditional format card listings, located here. We could ban synchros, ban tuners, maybe set a card release cap off date. Obviously the whole point of this is to have a relaxed atmosphere to play a card game we all love, but I think just a little structure can help things run smoothly. The game can get confusing as it is, much less when everyone's running by there own rules.

Oh I can also bring an extra deck or two for anyone who wants to play. I'll bring a tournament legal deck too, in case someone wants to play more up to date.
    Last edited by Kabazz; 07-21-2012 at 01:09 PM.

@Fate
    I'd help you but I don't live in the area. Sorries.

-Awashima

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    @Fate
    I'd help you but I don't live in the area. Sorries.
    Its okay no worries, I'm still trying.

As for the rules well just no synchros, ban tuners and cards like that. Fusions and Rituals are allowed like in Yugioh and Yugioh GX. I myself will choose to duel without tournament legal decks because lots of the good cards are considered illegal like Change of Heart, Monster Reborn, Exodia, and so on and those are Yugioh classics. So I'm fine without a tournament deck and will just use my own that I've had for many years. But sure bring one incase someone wants to. I guess we can just go from there if that's enough order for now.