Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Volunteer Page Now Open! - Questions Go Here

Volunteer Page Now Open! - Questions Go Here

Quick Overview:

• Pay $10 to apply
    • Work 10 hours over 2 days, get a $25 dealer voucher
    • New for 2011: we need a TON of people on Thursday & Sunday to help with dealer load-in/load-out. Free food if you help out and if you help both days then you will receive $$$.
    • Crash space for out-of-towners, con suite open to volunteers & staff as you will get fed.
    • You Must Be 18 In Order To Apply (or 18 by the time San Japan 4 starts)

See link for all of the info:

http://san-japan.org/v3/volunteer
    In Charge Of The Chaos

The Sweet Apple Acre Princess Puritysan's Avatar
    Can I help out Thursday, regardless of paying volunteer fee? XD Depending on my work schedule then. I could be available all day! ALL DAAAAYYYY.

AndI'mLocal. COMEON.

Eyyyyyyy Sexy Cosplay~
    Tumblr Fandom Style~
    O-O-O-O-T-P~

If you show up Thursday, expect to do a lot of hard work when the dealers start showing up around 3-4pm. Paying not necessary as we just need able bodies. We'll take everyone. We will be starting setup on Thursday morning.
    In Charge Of The Chaos

Sweet. <3 I'm able-bodied enough. -nodnod-

Eyyyyyyy Sexy Cosplay~
    Tumblr Fandom Style~
    O-O-O-O-T-P~

City on the River which flows through the land of Fire and Ice
    I have signed, the deal is sealed, and I will deliver.
    Facebook
    Deviantart
    SJ 6 Cosplays: Pimpachu, Grunkle Stan (Gravity Falls), & HitPony!
    Avi by Ubisoft, edited by http://kyo4kusanagi.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d53j3hw

Banned
    I'll be here to help out everywhere. :3

I want to help!!!

I sadly can't with me bringing my lil bro again ... But thanks you for everyone that is!
    crazy things have happened and were still here....
    SJ 7:Cana (Fairytail)= 100%
    Daphne (scooby-doo)= 100%
    Penny(Big Bang Theory)=100%
    Arrietty(Secret Life of Arrietty)=85%
    Katara (Avatar the Last Airbender)= 100%

QUESTIONS THAT JUST RANDOMLY CAME TO MIND

Do Thursday hours count towards the 10 hours? Not saying I wont work through out the weekend, just wondering if it counts towards the minimum? lol
    Can the voucher be used towards next year volunteer-reg or pre-reg?

With that said, I could probably work 3pm to 10pm on Thursday, whatever my scheduled hours are, and 6-10p on Sunday. 8D
    Last edited by Puritysan; 01-11-2011 at 10:07 PM.

Eyyyyyyy Sexy Cosplay~
    Tumblr Fandom Style~
    O-O-O-O-T-P~

Quote Originally Posted by Puritysan View Post
    QUESTIONS THAT JUST RANDOMLY CAME TO MIND

Do Thursday hours count towards the 10 hours? Not saying I wont work through out the weekend, just wondering if it counts towards the minimum? lol
    Can the voucher be sued towards next year volunteer-reg or pre-reg?

With that said, I could probably work 3pm to 10pm on Thursday, whatever my scheduled hours are, and 6-10p on Sunday. 8D
    Working on Thursday does not count toward 10 hour min. Voucher can not go toward next year pre-reg, only in dealer room.
    In Charge Of The Chaos

Awww. Okay. Thanks Proz.

Eyyyyyyy Sexy Cosplay~
    Tumblr Fandom Style~
    O-O-O-O-T-P~

His Little White Kitten DezzyDiamond's Avatar
    I could help out for a few hours with my brother on thursday. We can't pay the fee but would work that one day for our service hours (we go to catholic school and need em)
    I will be selling at Mizuumi-con and Guesting

Volunteering is fine to help us out but if you don't pay, you don't get the benefits of the dealer voucher or a badge for the convention.
    In Charge Of The Chaos

Volunteering Questions

Hello!
    My friends and I really want to volunteer for San Japan 4TW, but we have just a few questions I'm hoping someone can answer. Alrighty now...
    1. We are Austinites (aka outta-towners) and we wanted to volunteer on Thursday but does the crash space for the 6 hours a day count on Thursday (in other words would there be crash space avaliable if we come in on thursday to help out)? Also does the 6 hours/day needed for the crash space also count as part of the 10 towards the voucher?
    2. There are 3 of us. Can we share a crash space together or is it randomly assigned?
    3. Are the hours assigned or do you volunteer for certain blocks?

Thanks for the help and I CAN'T wait until August!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 13th View Post
    Hello!
    My friends and I really want to volunteer for San Japan 4TW, but we have just a few questions I'm hoping someone can answer. Alrighty now...
    1. We are Austinites (aka outta-towners) and we wanted to volunteer on Thursday but does the crash space for the 6 hours a day count on Thursday (in other words would there be crash space avaliable if we come in on thursday to help out)? Also does the 6 hours/day needed for the crash space also count as part of the 10 towards the voucher?
    Good question so I've added this FAQ Question on the website:

Does working on Thursday, prior to the beginning of the convention, go toward my required 10 hours?

No, it does not. The required 10 hours will only count when the convention begins on Friday morning. You may help out on Thursday and we will provide crash space if you work at least 6 hours that day to help us setup.

--

The reason I'm making this call is that I've seen it before of people coming out Thursday, work their hours, then be a ghost for the rest of the con. We need volunteers for the entire convention. If you want to enjoy every moment of the convention then you'll need to purchase a pass and get a hotel room. If you want to help San Japan and get the benefits that we provide then you'll need to work your 10 hours during the convention as its ramping up to be a big convention. We will need all the help we can get when the chaos is ensuing.

We definitely need people on Thursday so if you want to be there from the beginning you'll need to help out on Thursday. We need as many people as possible starting from 4pm to 11pm on Thursday.

2. There are 3 of us. Can we share a crash space together or is it randomly assigned?
    All rooms are set by gender. If your friends are all the same gender then email Barb if all of you can crash together. If not, then you'll be in separate rooms which is convention policy.

3. Are the hours assigned or do you volunteer for certain blocks?

Thanks for the help and I CAN'T wait until August!!!
    If there are certain hours you want to work then you can specify to your dept head. The dept. you're assigned to you will make the call on when you work but most will work with you.
    In Charge Of The Chaos

Good call Proz! :3

Eyyyyyyy Sexy Cosplay~
    Tumblr Fandom Style~
    O-O-O-O-T-P~

I want to enter Ani-Idol, so would it be possible for me to get a break to run over and sing?
    "The real world is for people who can't imagine anything better."

Quote Originally Posted by KimyouTeki View Post
    I want to enter Ani-Idol, so would it be possible for me to get a break to run over and sing?
    Yes, just work it out with the dept. head that you're assigned to.
    In Charge Of The Chaos

Thanks for the quick response and all the answers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Proz View Post
    Good question so I've added this FAQ Question on the website:

Does working on Thursday, prior to the beginning of the convention, go toward my required 10 hours?

No, it does not. The required 10 hours will only count when the convention begins on Friday morning. You may help out on Thursday and we will provide crash space if you work at least 6 hours that day to help us setup.

--

The reason I'm making this call is that I've seen it before of people coming out Thursday, work their hours, then be a ghost for the rest of the con. We need volunteers for the entire convention. If you want to enjoy every moment of the convention then you'll need to purchase a pass and get a hotel room. If you want to help San Japan and get the benefits that we provide then you'll need to work your 10 hours during the convention as its ramping up to be a big convention. We will need all the help we can get when the chaos is ensuing.
    Sorry, I meant during the con, does the 6 hours required for the crash space also count towards the 10 for the voucher or do you have to do additional hours on top of the original 6 if you want the voucher?

Again, thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by 13th View Post
    Thanks for the quick response and all the answers!!

Sorry, I meant during the con, does the 6 hours required for the crash space also count towards the 10 for the voucher or do you have to do additional hours on top of the original 6 if you want the voucher?

Again, thanks for the help!
    If you work the 6 hours on Friday, Saturday or Sunday then it counts toward the voucher. If you work the 6 hours on Thursday, it does not count for the voucher. All 10 hours (min., will be asked to work more than that) must be when the convention is officially going on starting Friday, Aug 5th.
    In Charge Of The Chaos