Thread: SJ6 / 2013 Ideas

SJ6 / 2013 Ideas

We're fairly deep in planning for SJ5 so we're stopping on adding new ideas but we've been talking about ideas that we want to do for SJ6. Here's 2 new ideas that I've heavily considered:

-Steampunk Masq. Dance.

-Brony "Dance"

I also know I'd like to add a PC LAN group but I haven't found a group that'll offer a great plan to run it.

Throw out your ideas in here.
    In Charge Of The Chaos

What about running XBox 360 Kinect Dance Central on a huge projector screen?

Quote Originally Posted by SquidgyGal View Post
    What about running XBox 360 Kinect Dance Central on a huge projector screen?
    That can already be done and I'll talk to Mr. 12345 about it.
    In Charge Of The Chaos

8th Evil Ex-Boyfriend illusion007's Avatar
    wait, brony dance? ._.
    PHGirl x 007 = PH7 (God help us)

CudaŽ
    Age wristbands.

Quote Originally Posted by Proz View Post
    That can already be done and I'll talk to Mr. 12345 about it.
    guess we can make that happen i got an extra projector if needed

PC LAN group but I haven't found a group that'll offer a great plan to run it.
    well i hear there is going to be a big Starcraft tournament at UT this week and i hear its gunna be pretty huge. maybe you can get some leads there? the group that usually does ikkicon is austin modders but i dunno if they do anything that far to san antonio

San Antonio's Male Stripper ThePlayboyBunny's Avatar
    -Brony "Dance"
    Pardon my Spanish, but, NO, NO, y NO! Please don't. It's fine to sell MLP merchandise, and there will always be furries, so just...please don't

Hmm...

I'd like to have a KPop/KRock room. Ikki Con had one, and it was actually very enjoyable.

Also, while I don't know what all you could plan, it'd be awesome if you could have like...24-hour events. Like, after the dance shuts down and everybody is supposed to go to their rooms or whatever, you know there are lots of people who...pretty much stay up all night. I'm not asking for panels, rather, just small things like, maybe have tables where people could play Apples to Apples, Werewolf, and other fun games that are great for laughs, passing time, and being up late.

Finally, and this is just my own opinion, I realize that San Japan is one of the more "family-friendly" cons, but I've honestly observed that the people of SJ seem to be getting younger and younger. While this isn't a problem persay, my suggestion is to, perhaps, have more panels for the 18+ crowds. I realize we have the H-fests and whatnot, but maybe have other panels for the 17/18/21 and up people. I haven't gotten a chance to go yet, so I can't say, but I've heard those panels that have hentai VAs come are pretty hilarious since you get to do your best "voice acting impression."

Just mah centz
    I'm an advice-giver, listener, and psychiatrist by day
    and a wild, party-starting, life-of-the-party male entertainer by night
    I exist to explain dreams
    And then I aim to fulfill them
    I am here to keep it classy
    And then I am here to party

San Japan 666!
    PyramidHeadGirl+Illusion007=PH7 (Haters Gonna Hate)

Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayboyBunny View Post
    I'd like to have a KPop/KRock room. Ikki Con had one, and it was actually very enjoyable.
    We had one the first 2 years but after seeing the small crowds we just had J-Pop video blocks. We'll have much larger video blocks this year.

Also, while I don't know what all you could plan, it'd be awesome if you could have like...24-hour events. Like, after the dance shuts down and everybody is supposed to go to their rooms or whatever, you know there are lots of people who...pretty much stay up all night. I'm not asking for panels, rather, just small things like, maybe have tables where people could play Apples to Apples, Werewolf, and other fun games that are great for laughs, passing time, and being up late.
    You're pretty much describing the tabletop room which was 24 hours last year. For this year, when the convention center shuts down, two rooms will be designated on the 3rd floor for late-night gaming and socializing so it'll still be 24 hours.

Finally, and this is just my own opinion, I realize that San Japan is one of the more "family-friendly" cons, but I've honestly observed that the people of SJ seem to be getting younger and younger. While this isn't a problem persay, my suggestion is to, perhaps, have more panels for the 18+ crowds. I realize we have the H-fests and whatnot, but maybe have other panels for the 17/18/21 and up people. I haven't gotten a chance to go yet, so I can't say, but I've heard those panels that have hentai VAs come are pretty hilarious since you get to do your best "voice acting impression."

Just mah centz
    So having nearly 20 17+/18+ panels last year on Friday & Saturday night wasn't enough selection? Really?

We got more complaints that after 9:30pm-10pm that we had little to nothing available for anyone UNDER 17 if they didn't want to go to the 'dance' or play games.
    In Charge Of The Chaos

What is a brony dance?
    And I think havin panels for preteens and teens would be good, since they tend to be late at cons, but the younger kids below preteens would probably be in bed after 9 cuz preteens range from 10-12... Just sayin
    crazy things have happened and were still here....
    SJ 7:Cana (Fairytail)= 100%
    Daphne (scooby-doo)= 100%
    Penny(Big Bang Theory)=100%
    Arrietty(Secret Life of Arrietty)=85%
    Katara (Avatar the Last Airbender)= 100%

Quote Originally Posted by lattin12 View Post
    What is a brony dance?
    It would be MLP dance music theme. It wouldn't be in replacement of the big EDM 'dance' but in its own room.
    In Charge Of The Chaos

The Sweet Apple Acre Princess Puritysan's Avatar
    I LIKE THIS IDEA. BRONY DANCE. I CAN DEAL.
    8D;

Cannot deny the pony.

Proz is best pony.

Eyyyyyyy Sexy Cosplay~
    Tumblr Fandom Style~
    O-O-O-O-T-P~

Shogun Candidate #000 YoSoyJaponesa~'s Avatar
    How about a video room specifically for Korean media?

Drama's AND a few K-Pop blocks.

Kids Playroom sounds good too.

San Antonio's Male Stripper ThePlayboyBunny's Avatar
    You're pretty much describing the tabletop room which was 24 hours last year. For this year, when the convention center shuts down, two rooms will be designated on the 3rd floor for late-night gaming and socializing so it'll still be 24 hours.

So having nearly 20 17+/18+ panels last year on Friday & Saturday night wasn't enough selection? Really?

We got more complaints that after 9:30pm-10pm that we had little to nothing available for anyone UNDER 17 if they didn't want to go to the 'dance' or play games.
    -I should've been more specific. I meant actually have specified events, like with perhaps a volunteer/leader to organize and whatnot. If anything, it'd just be more official to place it in the actual SJ program than to just hope mass-texting or using these boards would spread the message around.

-I honestly wasn't aware you had almost 20; it definitely did not like feel like that, but my apologies.

-Well, then with that having been said I guess there ought to be more panels for those under the age of 17. Doesn't the curfew law technically affect them starting at midnight, though? Besides, after midnight you could start going with what I said earlier: late-night game events specifically indicated in the program that have some sort of volunteer behind them. Without them being official and in the SJ event listing, a lot of people are just going to think, "well, I don't want to go to the dance, I don't want to/can't go to the H-fests, so I guess I have to leave", without actually knowing they could stay. That, and with them being official there'd be a sense of open invitation, whereas some people may not feel they're welcomed to join others.
    I'm an advice-giver, listener, and psychiatrist by day
    and a wild, party-starting, life-of-the-party male entertainer by night
    I exist to explain dreams
    And then I aim to fulfill them
    I am here to keep it classy
    And then I am here to party

Aww I think a Brony dance would be nice cuz yes MLP has some of the cutest songs X3 As for new event ideas well SJ seems to be loaded with different stuff so it's kindve hard to ask for more ^^ hmm if I think of anything I will suggest it but for now can't think of anything else.
    PyramidHeadGirl+Illusion007=PH7 (Haters Gonna Hate)

I would be down for a drama room. Since as of the moment I am watching more k-dramas then j-drama ( extravagant challenge would be the exception)

Age bands would be nice as well, it is always amusing to watch my guy friends hitting on minors( we are over 21), pretty sure that they would like to know who is over the limit.

As for events for the younger crowd, something probably should be done but at the same time I like the fact that the older crowd doesn't have to watch what is being said and being shown in case after a certain time.

Shogun Candidate #000 YoSoyJaponesa~'s Avatar
    I had a idea for a Midnight Movie Panel for people who didn't want to go to the rave/18+ events. Maybe a old school monster sci-fi movie with some vintage ads thrown in. I could tone it down for maybe the younger set, it wouldn't be hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Maru View Post
    Age bands would be nice as well, it is always amusing to watch my guy friends hitting on minors( we are over 21), pretty sure that they would like to know who is over the limit.
    Age bands or color coded badges will never happen for two reasons:

1) A deviant person would be able to figure out who is and isn't of age then target a certain group w/o wristbands.

2) Someone who is underage can easily swap with another person then game the system if bands were required to enter certain events.

We do not want someone's age to be public knowledge.
    In Charge Of The Chaos

Ahh i see that makes sense.

How about cross over themes? Like how I'm working on halo armor but I'm gonna paint it to look like venom from Spiderman lol
    "A bowtie and speedo counts as a two piece" - Patches