Thread: Need advice on making a weapon

Question Need advice on making a weapon

Im planning on going as hazama from blazblue, can anyone tell me how to make his weapons?

ducttape! or papermache. or commission.
    "A bowtie and speedo counts as a two piece" - Patches

If you're talking about the butterfly knife I would suggest using glued balsa wood reinforced with paper mache, Consider using a dremel tool to make it curvery and a drill to get the holes. It's going to require A LOT OF TIME if you're expecting to actually make hinge and swing like a butterfly knife, build each piece accordingly and combine them together to make sure they fit.

Then cover it up with paper mache, it's important to use paper mache because balsa wood is weak and flimsy, this process makes it sturdy. It's important to use equal parts of paper mache on each piece because it all has to fit together in one piece. Layer, dry, piece it, even (when necessary), layer, dry, piece it.

Once you got enough layers that it seems nice and sturdy give it a primer coat of paint, let it dry, give it a coat of silver, let it dry, give it another coat of silver, let it dry, use sealant. Then screw the handles on the blade and that should be.

As for Ouroboros... yeah, I have no idea.
    Michael Hicks
    San Japan Support Director-"Being everywhere and nowhere since '09"

Just the butterfly knifes thank you both very much.

Banned
    Butterfly knives can come safe and have no edge if you look close enough. Try century martial arts for show props or X Games butterfly knives. IF you can find them with NO edge and can be very safe with them I might allow it. You have to send me pics and you have to have them checked at my safety desk. Sound fair?

sounds completely fair