Thread: One Piece Cosplayers head to the New World!!! ^_^

Hybrid View

Cool One Piece Cosplayers head to the New World!!! ^_^

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to see who is planning to wear their awesome One Piece Cosplay to San Japan this year.

I will be hitting the con debuting my (anime) new world Boa Hancock Cosplay!
    Hopefully bringing my new world Perona Bff with me.

So if you are planning to cosplay One Piece sometime during the con let us know who and when below!
    Also, if you cosplayed One Piece last year at SJ 4TW give a shout out about how it went and if you are going to rock the same cosplay this year

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Last year was my first year at San Japan and I was super impressed with all the great One Piece cosplay that I saw! I even hosted the One Piece cosplay shoot (as Boa Hancock purple dress version)on Saturday and had a absolute blast with everyone that attended. I definitely plan to host another great one piece shoot this year and hope that you can attend. We will be deciding a time and place as we get closer to the con date. So keep a eye out!

I can't wait to see all of your kick A cosplays as We Go to this new world of San Japan 5! lol

To be continued........
    StarTora

p.s. hear are just a couple of pics from the shoot last year

100_4683.JPG100_4653.JPG

hey, it's the Robin from last year~
    And this year, i actually have 3 cosplays to debute
    Friday: Enels Lobby Robin
    Saturday: TS Perona (and shirahoshi during cosplay show)
    Sunday: Shirahoshi

But i definitely can't wait for this year's shoot. Although we should probably do it again outside, the walkway was a bit dark. But it'd be so~ cool it we could pose on one of those riverwalk barges for a few minutes *looks into it*

Cosplays for SJ6:
    -Marineford Hancock (45% done)
    -Strong World Luffy (0% done)
    -Strong world Luffy's gun (15% done)
    -Film Z Robin red outfit (0% done)

well...I am planning on putting together a Keimi cosplay, so hopefully I get that done in time.

Oh-my-God BlueBird, I have to see you as Shirahoshi!!! :0

@Erescha420
    aww, thank you ^///^ I'm having a bit of a setback with her tail right now but I have 2 months to fix it so~

But you're going to be Keimi?! (Pre or post skip?) That's so cool! That means we could do a mermaid photoshoot, and-and *spazzes*

But best of luck~

Cosplays for SJ6:

On Sunday I'm planning on going as fem!Sabo!

@Readetthedrums That sounds great~!
    Anyway, since StarTora is cosplaying Hancock, we decided that we wanted to do a minishoot with Hancock and a few other Kuja warrior at one point during the con. They don't have to be Canon ones like Margaret or Sweet Pea. Just, for anyone interested, throw on a bikini/jacket, a bikini bottom/pair of shorts, and a pair of black boots. The only thing that's really necessary is a snake bow (or a snake doll). Capes would be good but (probably) aren't necessary.

In other news:
    EL Robin cosplay~
    enies lobby robin 1.JPGenies lobby robin 2.JPG
    I'm still experimenting with make up, and I need to add the blue dots to the shirt, but otherwise, this one's completely done! (although I might make her green water 7 cape too >x> )

Cosplays for SJ6:

Sporting Luffy again like I did last year. Will have to do some major alterations on the cosplay because I have shrunk and it's gotten so big on me!

I was the Luffy that hosted the One Piece panel last year.
    San-Japan 7
    Pete - South Park
    Kevin - Welcome to Desert Bluffs
    Miles Edgeworth - Ace Attorney
    Thorin Oakenshielf - The Hobbit

^ I remember that panel. I liked it alot~
    Are you going to do it again?

Cosplays for SJ6:

(New post because the last one would be to long if I edit)
    Ok, for more specifications on the Kuja photoshoot:
    What is required:

*some sort of top ie: bikini top, short jacket, ect (although showing your stomach isn't a requirement so don't feel pressured to do so)

*some sort of bottom ie: bikini bottoms, daisy dukes, ect (and for anyone subconscious about their legs, there's always the long skirt option)

*either black boots or black heels. Basically anything (that's black) other than tennis shoes and flip flops.

*Snake. You MUST have some sort of snake on you. Whether it's a snake bow or just a snake plush.

*Capes. Since this is the only thing that can't usually been found in your closet or at the store, this one probably won't matter as much. But it would still be awesome if you could bring one.

But feel free to add other things to the costumes like belts, tights, and hats. Just try not to lose that 'Kuja' feel.
    Also, Luffy/Rayleigh cosplayers and any guy who wants to dress up as a warrior are welcome to join in.

And since i was planning on debuting my Princess Shirahoshi cosplay at San Japan 5, I thought it would be cool to do a whole Fishman Island Photoshoot too.

It would include any:
    *Jinbeis

*Timeskip StrawHats

*Mermaids

*Fishmen

or Members of Hody's Gang that were shown in the arc

A day and time for both shoots will be set up sometime closer to the actual convention date.

EDIT: We now have a confirmed Ishilly for the Fishman Island/Mermaid shoot. For those who don't know or don't remember, ishilly's this one:
    ishilly.jpg

We also have a confirmed Postskip Keimi~
    Last edited by BlueBird; 06-27-2012 at 09:27 AM. Reason: more information

Cosplays for SJ6:

And I'm the Ishilly! I'm still deciding whether I want to be her Friday or Saturday, but definitely one of those... I'm debating about whether or not to enter the cosplay contest since I can't fully show off the tail walking across a stage...
    and whatever of those two days I'm Not Ishilly, I'll be Portgas D. Ann... which you might remember a version of last year when I was femme-Ace pretending to be a Marine from the "Finding Blackbeard" coverstory. This year I've got a proper female version of Ace ready and rarin' to go!
    Sunday I'll probably be some version of Nami... unless I decide to come up with an Erza cosplay, but we'll see...

Ok, so for future reference, the mermaid shoot is going to be probably/most likely/definitely on Friday. probably somewhere on the actual riverwalk.

On another note, I've already told a few people this, but I want to make a video/slideshow of San japan this year (with mainly one piece cosplays). You don't have to do anything special, but it would be really awesome if people could just email me pictures or videos of One Piece cosplayers and photoshoots after the con is over with. I'd like to (as a tribute to the amazing video 'One Piece in 6 minutes') put them together with this song:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXYiw0ujTLg

So if anyone can or would like to help, then it would really be appreciated. Really appreciated.

Also, further news (ie. date/time) for the Kuja and general One Piece shoot will come at a later time. The Kuja shoot because I have to make sure that it doesn't violate and con dress codes. I'm not in charge of the general shoot though.

edit: so for the Kuja shoot, anyone who wants to cosplay a KUja is allowed to wear that costume FOR THE SHOOT ONLY. So basically, just don't walk around the con in it for the rest of the day or anything..

Ok REALLY IMPORTANT:
    Due to personal reasons, our Hancock can't attend the convention, so there's not going to be a Kuja photoshoot anymore. For anybody who may have been looking forward to one, sorry.

But there will still be a Gen One Piece shoot, and a Fishman Island/Mermaid shoot
    Last edited by BlueBird; 07-19-2012 at 09:46 PM. Reason: additional info

Cosplays for SJ6:

OK, I need some feedback for the photoshoot times:

Friday: The Fishman Island/Timeskip/Mermaid shoot at 4:00 pm.

Saturday: The One Piece photoshoot (all characters included) at 2:30 pm.

I don't know where they'll actually be so it'd be great just to meet up in the convention center lobby.

Any problems?

Or is this fine?

Cosplays for SJ6:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBird View Post
    Friday: The Fishman Island/Timeskip/Mermaid shoot at 4:00 pm.
    This'll be a problem for me as (even though I asked for the whole weekend off) I still have to work Friday. I managed to switch shifts from an evening to afternoon, but I'm not scheduled to get off until 4 (though I might be able to get off earlier) and as I'm in Austin, it'll take me probably an hour and a half to get there.

If at all possible, I would like to have the shoot at 7, just to make sure I can be there for it. Sorry to complicate things, but yeah... work. ^^;; But I'm bringing my super awesome boyfriend with me who will have a super awesome camera so we can post the pics from the shoot afterwards.
    Cosplays: Ishilly, Portgas D. Ann and Nami or Erza

Ah, I'm not hosting a One Piece Panel this year, but I am running the Jump Panel (Shonen fan panel) as Luffy. It'll be ran similar to how the One Piece panel was last year.
    San-Japan 7
    Pete - South Park
    Kevin - Welcome to Desert Bluffs
    Miles Edgeworth - Ace Attorney
    Thorin Oakenshielf - The Hobbit

Im going as Zoro (Blue)

My whole family is coming as One Piece Characters. Three of us will be New World-I will be Caimie, one of my daughters will be Perona, and my other daughter is Chopper. My husband will be coming as Pell from the Arabasta Kingdom. We are driving up from Houston on Saturday morning (we will probably be there around 11ish) and we will spend the whole day there. I am looking forward to possibly meeting up with y'all.

So for anybody who looks at this later today, remember Mermaid shoot at 7 ish on Friday and gen. Shoot at 2:30 on Saturday. We'll meet at the front o the convention center and decide where to go from there

Cosplays for SJ6:

So for anybody who looks at this later today, remember Mermaid shoot at 7 ish on Friday and gen. Shoot at 2:30 on Saturday. We'll meet at the front o the convention center and decide where to go from there. I hope everybody can make it~!
    If you have any questions today then I'll just be the Enies lobby robin walking around (until 7 when I'll be shirahoshi that is)

Cosplays for SJ6:

i will be attempting... luffy - _-;; on sat. hehe

yay for one piece~~~~~