The other subforums didn't look like the right place for this (to me, anyways) so I'll put this here.

First, I want to say hello! I'm Jaikain (Jay-kane) and am looking forward to going to San Japan this year. I'd heard a lot of good things about it, but could never fit it into my convention schedule previously (Animefest being too close to it for me financially). This year, however, we're skipping A-fest to come hang out and meet everyone here!

Second, I host an anime podcast that we started at the beginning of the year. We record once every two weeks and after my producer throws a fit at me at all the editing he has to do, gets put online for anyone who would like to hear.

One of the things we tried to do at a previous convention was get interviews from attendees, artists, cosplayers, and anyone willing that was at the convention. It's not very long, usually a few questions about the con, what you are looking forward to seeing, anything interesting that may have already occurred... we really don't want to take up too much of anyone's time, we're all here to have fun after all.

Unfortunately, the reception we got there was a lot of angry looks and people traveling in groups that brushed by without any acknowledgement that they heard me. I didn't even have any recording equipment for the interviews (it wasn't ready in time), so it was just me wandering around trying to meet people. At other cons, I've always loved doing this. Sure, there's always the chance no one wants to make a new friend (), but there's a whole convention of people to wander about!

So, in my own long winded way of getting around to the question (I have a bad habit of rambling...), what is the atmosphere for San Japan like? Would anyone here mind a quick interview for a podcast? And most importantly, anyone here want to be a new friend? ^.^

If you want to listen to any of the previous podcast episodes we've done (I keep saying we, because there's four of us behind microphones each show, but there's only one me >.>) you can hop over to anime-outcast.com and listen. We will do a Post San Japan Show as well.

Okay, I've rambled enough... if you made it to the end, thanks!