Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tentacle Guy Photoshoots

Tentacle Guy Photoshoots

Hello again San Japan!

Since I'll be doing a bit more than photos this year, I've limited the number of shoots I'm willing to accept. Also, like last year I'm requiring that we come up with a concept for the shoot rather than just a bunch of poses out in the middle of the hotel.

Why?

Because a previous cons I have loaded up my schedule which leaves me very little time to do anything other than take a few snapshots before running off to do another shoot. You worked hard on your costume and want to show it off properly and to do that you need the right location, proper lighting, and to get things just so. This takes time and I'd rather have four good shoots than 40 terrible ones.

What do I bring to the table?

anime_matsuri_2012_030.jpg
    yugioh_006.jpg
    san_japan_2010_tomoyo_018.jpg
    am2010_petshop_017.jpg
    Ikkicon2009_SHN_004.jpg

Do you charge?

No. I'm a professional photographer, but I do conventions for fun. There are others who do charge and they probably aren't charging enough. Go see them! Get your picture taken and buy a bunch of prints. Leave them a tip!

Meanwhile, I'm going to open up five slots. I'm not going to set a schedule in the thread. You PM me or post and if I like your costume and concept, we'll work it out.

Slots:

1) Treacly - Polita

2) Dezzy - Lucy/Nyu

3) Blitzkrieg - 2001 Maniacs

4) MissPriss - Daring Do

5) Kyoyalove - Madoka

6) Sigh - "Sigh"lent Hill

7) Yuuki - League of Legends Demon Jester

8) KannaChan - Hetalia

If you don't get a photoshoot, don't worry. If I'm walking around, I'll be happy to take your picture, just stop and ask!
    Last edited by squidflakes; 07-11-2012 at 02:49 PM.

Also, I am no longer doing the underwater photoshoot. There have been too many problems with the hotel and the equipment I have to bring, so that's a thing of the past.

However, I will be bringing my vintage 1940s press camera. It uses 4X5 film that I develop myself, and I'm only going to bring 6 or 8 sheets. This is the sort of work it turns out:

will.jpg
    552769_430945383599611_100000524580335_1585068_449543722_n.jpg

His Little White Kitten DezzyDiamond's Avatar
    I would love to have a shoot as Lucy and Kouta from elfen lied
    I will be selling at Mizuumi-con and Guesting

Ok, tell me more about the costumes you're doing and the sort of feel you want for the shoot.

Past 10 Posts

cosplay photoshoot

Hello~! I'm planning on doing something mlp inspired for one of these day's at San Japan, I was hoping I could rsvp for a photoshoot on... Friday? C:
    Whatever day is best for you!
    Come chat with me on DeviantART!

Has a booth at Anime Overload, anime fest and ikkicon!!

Past 10 Posts
    It's like a lolita rainbow outfit, lol~ C; <3

Quote Originally Posted by Treacly View Post
    Hello~! I'm planning on doing something mlp inspired for one of these day's at San Japan, I was hoping I could rsvp for a photoshoot on... Friday? C:
    Whatever day is best for you!
    Ok, PM me or post in here and let me know in a bit more detail about the costume and what you'd like to do with it. Is it an existing outfit for a character? OP? When you say inspired, do you mean you're interpreting something from the show or you got inspired by something you saw?

Quote Originally Posted by squidflakes View Post
    Ok, tell me more about the costumes you're doing and the sort of feel you want for the shoot.
    They are plain clothes but the characters have a very caring relationship. Lucy had a split personality so she's sweet and just says "nyu' with one and homicidal with the other. Here are some photos

The Sweet Apple Acre Princess Puritysan's Avatar
    If someone has a showgirl!Pinkie costume, I hope they seriously do the vintage camera shoot. Because that would be awesome.

Eyyyyyyy Sexy Cosplay~
    Tumblr Fandom Style~
    O-O-O-O-T-P~

Past 10 Posts
    Hey! I am just IN LOVE with your photography! Oh gosh, it's amazing. (:

the costume I am doing is a corseted lolita outfit I am making for myself, it's a bright rainbow color with a jumbo petticoat~!
    If you've Seen Fim, my little pony I'm sure you will recognize the massive amounts of bronies (bro ponies-Fans) at this conventions.
    But I plan on doing something set aside from the rest, and plan on wearing a solid blue wig with a contrasting rainbow outfit. (: Personally, I don't really like an outfit when it's 'too crowded' by too many colors or objects. ;u;

So I'm keeping it simple and elegant~!
    Hope we can schedule a photoshoot! I'd REALLY love to get the chance to get some really awesome pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by DezzyDiamond View Post
    They are plain clothes but the characters have a very caring relationship. Lucy had a split personality so she's sweet and just says "nyu' with one and homicidal with the other. Here are some photos

Ahh yes, I'm very familiar with Elfen Lied. What sort of themes are you wanting to shoot? Which side of Lucy/Nyu do you want to show?

Quote Originally Posted by Treacly View Post
    the costume I am doing is a corseted lolita outfit I am making for myself... simple and elegant
    Simple and elegant sounds good to me. I just sent you a PM.

Ahh yes, I'm very familiar with Elfen Lied. What sort of themes are you wanting to shoot? Which side of Lucy/Nyu do you want to show?
    probably both the pyscho side and the adorable side since i will have kouta with me

squidy it's mike I would love to schedule a shoot with your with my WoW cosplay I'm doing and it will be great to see you again man

Hey! Shoot me a PM and we'll discuss it!

Are you going to bring any props? Fake blood? Etc?

---THIS ACCOUNT IS RETIRED--- Blitzkrieg's Avatar
    I'd like a photoshoot with a friend in our Metalocalypse cosplays. I'll have to ask her if she'd like to, but if she doesn't, I'd still like to do one of myself!
    If not in Metalocalypse, maybe with my other friend on Sunday, we'll be wearing female cosplays from 2001 Maniacs: Field of Screams.

SAN JAPAN MACH 5 COSPLAYS:
    Toki Wartooth - Metalocalypse
    Scarecrow/Dr. Crane (Batman Begins version) - Batman
    Female Mayor Buckman - 2001 Maniacs: Field of Screams

I'm familiar with Metalocalypse but I've not heard of the second one. I guess the question here is, how brutal do you want this shoot to be?

*e

Ok, just looked it up. **** yes. Either one will be fine with me, but there is a lot more to work with when it comes to 2001 Maniacs.

Hello! I was wondering if my friends and I could reserve a spot for our Puella Magi Madoka Magica group?
    San Japan 6 Cosplays >‿‿◕
    Adventure Time Sailor Moon - Lumpy Space Princess
    Legend of Zelda - Toon Zelda
    League of Legends - Annie

---THIS ACCOUNT IS RETIRED--- Blitzkrieg's Avatar
    I'm familiar with Metalocalypse but I've not heard of the second one. I guess the question here is, how brutal do you want this shoot to be?

*e

Ok, just looked it up. **** yes. Either one will be fine with me, but there is a lot more to work with when it comes to 2001 Maniacs.
    Well as it lays, I am not sure yet as to which one to do. But I'm sort of leaning more on the 2001 Maniacs one since it's ultra different and our costumes will be sexier and really intense.
    And I am willing to help you in any way I can to make this photoshoot easier for you.

SAN JAPAN MACH 5 COSPLAYS:
    Toki Wartooth - Metalocalypse
    Scarecrow/Dr. Crane (Batman Begins version) - Batman
    Female Mayor Buckman - 2001 Maniacs: Field of Screams