Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So No One Here Knows of Ghost In The Shell?

Quote Originally Posted by EvilPopKorn View Post
    I love Ghost in the shell! I have all three movies and the first season on dvd. Yoko Kanno has a way with music!
    YAY! I found a friend?

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Last View Post
    I'm sure I've seen the beginning but I have a terrible memory! But watching it from the beginning again would kick start my brain.
    Yes I am not trying to sound pushy just a thought if you want to watch it. I have seen the series at least 3 times all the way through but I always remember more the next time I watch it

Quote Originally Posted by reperbone View Post
    yes, i know GITS.
    Will that be it?
    haha yes, I was just wondering how many people know of the anime and if they have seen it. I am going to go as the Major for San Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Kuri View Post
    Old? That would make me ANCIENT, at age 27. ;o

They still show it Sunday (very early) morning on Adult Swim. Good series, especially 2nd Gig. Saw the first movie years back.
    And yes, Yoko Kanno is awesome.
    Yeah pretty much but its an anime that is timeless at the same time. I am so happy that you like it There is 3 movies and 2 series out. I wish they would make more but no news yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DezzyDiamond View Post
    I loved that so much when i was younger and i always lost track with it. I planed on makking a motoko cosplay but i forgot to look for supplies XD
    Yeah I was the same way and I am going as Motoko for San Japan this year. That is why I brought it up to the San Japan forums.

Well more and more people are replying and it is making me very happy I am so happy that there are others out there that love Ghost In The Shell just like me

Absolutely love Ghost in the Shell! Glad to see others still are fans! Have the entire collection, actually the series got me into listening to Origa who does a lot of amazing anime/standalone vocals.

Fountain of Useless Information EvilPopKorn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsume15 View Post
    YAY! I found a friend?
    Tsume, lol I don't mind being your friend! I have also seen the 110 minute movie on the laughing man saga. I still need to finish watching Gig one.
    |My Cosplay(s) for SJ 2015:|
    TBD

"Otaku are not driven by energy but by spirit." Genshiken 2

Quote Originally Posted by aramova View Post
    Absolutely love Ghost in the Shell! Glad to see others still are fans! Have the entire collection, actually the series got me into listening to Origa who does a lot of amazing anime/standalone vocals.
    I agree and I have everything Ghost In The Shell as well.

Tsume, lol I don't mind being your friend! I have also seen the 110 minute movie on the laughing man saga. I still need to finish watching Gig one.
    Yay! Yes you should watch it and laughing man saga? I don't think I have hurd of that. O.o tell me more...?

Fountain of Useless Information EvilPopKorn's Avatar
    Well the laughing man Saga AKA The first season of ghost in the shell... they happen to complied all of the first season into a 110 minute movie Ova. for more info see link below.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ime.php?id=910
    |My Cosplay(s) for SJ 2015:|
    TBD

"Otaku are not driven by energy but by spirit." Genshiken 2

I am a fan of the series but the only character I like enough to even attempt t dress up as is Detective Togusa and even then that would require the purchase of a good wig and the materials necessary to make a prop auto-revolver.
    Michael Hicks
    San Japan Support Director-"Being everywhere and nowhere since '09"

Well the laughing man Saga AKA The first season of ghost in the shell... they happen to complied all of the first season into a 110 minute movie Ova. for more info see link below.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ime.php?id=910

Oh yeah the first season I have seen. I will have to check the Ova

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Hicks View Post
    I am a fan of the series but the only character I like enough to even attempt t dress up as is Detective Togusa and even then that would require the purchase of a good wig and the materials necessary to make a prop auto-revolver.
    Thats great and yeah it took me awhile to figure out how I am going to cosplay as the Major. so I know the feeling

GITS was cool but I don't remember much from it now since it has been years since I saw the first movie and SAC 2nd Gig. I got some old wallscrolls from one of my uncles back when I first started watching anime. One is GITS and the other is Appleseed. I had not seen either anime at the time they were given to me >_<.
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...f/IMG_1891.jpg

CudaŽ
    I will take that Appleseed TYVM

I would be amazed if you were able to find one like it somewhere for sale, it seems pretty old. All this has reminded me that I need to watch the original OVA though so I guess I will do that some time in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by excaliborg View Post
    GITS was cool but I don't remember much from it now since it has been years since I saw the first movie and SAC 2nd Gig. I got some old wallscrolls from one of my uncles back when I first started watching anime. One is GITS and the other is Appleseed. I had not seen either anime at the time they were given to me >_<.
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...f/IMG_1891.jpg
    Ah I see. You should watch them again and those scrolls are amazing My dad and me both love appleseed and ghost in the shell. I have some scrolls but I don't have any pictures...I will post some up later

His Little White Kitten DezzyDiamond's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsume15 View Post
    Yeah I was the same way and I am going as Motoko for San Japan this year. That is why I brought it up to the San Japan forums.
    I got so OCD with her cosplay. I have yet to find a fabric i like for her outfit
    I will be selling at Mizuumi-con and Guesting

Ghost In The shell is good anime, but you are right its not one you just jump into the middle of and enjoy.