Thread: Anyone From Laredo!? I Need A Ride >.<

Exclamation Anyone From Laredo!? I Need A Ride >.<

I would love to go to San Japan 5 but my parents can't afford to take me due to money problems. Is there anyone from Laredo, Tx who can and is willing to take me to San Japan and bring me back on the last day of the con? I know its a longshot but I'm hoping I can go to my first convention, meet an old friend, and enjoy the con. If you can or know someone who can feel free to mail me or comment, thank you. Feel free to ask me any questions.
    This is what the Light and Darkness looks like inside my heart.

Have you tried seeing if the Greyhound bus would work? I was able to get from San Antonio to Austin and back for under $50.

You should definitely try the grayhound. I took it to mexico once so you should be fine going from Laredo to San Antonio. I think it will be less expensive than the trip I took.

I can't take the bus cuz I know my mother would just worry herself to death or not let me go on the bus. She's berally even letting me go stay over there just for the convention so just getting a ride from someone is all I can do. She is so overprotective >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Fate View Post
    I can't take the bus cuz I know my mother would just worry herself to death or not let me go on the bus. She's berally even letting me go stay over there just for the convention so just getting a ride from someone is all I can do. She is so overprotective >.>
    Your "overprotective" mother would not let you ride the commercially operated Greyhound bus, but would be a-ok with you getting a ride from some stranger you met on an internet web forum? That just seems... incongruous.

achieving awesomeness since day 1 alycan16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heero View Post
    Your "overprotective" mother would not let you ride the commercially operated Greyhound bus, but would be a-ok with you getting a ride from some stranger you met on an internet web forum? That just seems... incongruous.
    lol i was thinking that too, i think the bus would be safer than a stranger for the most part

Arriety - 100% done
    Parasoul from Skullgirls- 100% done
    Usagi Tsukino- 100% done
    Princess Peach Masquerade 90% done

Hey, I can go with you on the bus.
    I'm taking it anyways so maybe If you come with me your mom won't be so scared.
    I know that can be an issue. (it's happened to me before)
    It's $33 if you buy the tickets online. Though it's like $54 when you buy it straight up.
    If your friend can pick you up at the bus station that can be even better or meet up at the
    Riverwalk. I was planning on taking off on Thursday afternoon or somewhere along those lines.
    [ Buffering... ]

2P!America - Hetalia

Quote Originally Posted by Heero View Post
    I never said she'd be A-ok with it. It took me forever to convince her just to say "Do whatever you want" and get that as a yes cuz she got upset lol. She'd say no to everything though, but I find it the most wise choice to go with someone, plus there is little money to fund my trip to even get into San Japan so there is that, but I told my friend I'd try my best to be there.

I only have about 2 and a half weeks left for the deadline for me to go to San Japan. Is there no one from Laredo or someone passing by this city that can take me to the con? I don't really have the funds to pay to go by bus and the other things I'll need all my money for like a room, a badge, and food for the 3 days. So I'm counting on the kindness of a fellow con goer to take me that is going from this city if any are to be found. Please feel free to mail me if you can or know someone, thank you.

if i were you id attempt to talk ot the person earlier that was going to via greyhound, meet them introduce them to your mom and state going with this person on a reputable and established company with a person that could be found responsible than finding a complete stranger, getting in a random car with said stranger, with a drive of how ever far laredeo is to san antonio and presumably be kidnapped tossed on the side of the road or drove down to mexico and sold in a trade -_- lol, thats how i conviced my mom to let me go to oni-con 09

I would have suggested volunteering, had I seen this earlier, but now it is a day too late to volunteer online. That would have saved you money on hotel room, as you could work so many hours and get free crash space. You could try contacting the volunteer coordinator, and see if there's any way you could still volunteer.
    San Japan Main Gopher and Karaoke Coordinator
    "If something happens, I get blamed."

Check out my Work! Come, buy things!
    --> SelectionsX <--