Thread: Anime Feud Sign Up Sheet

Past 10 Posts

Anime Feud Sign Up Sheet

Fans of the hit game show Family Feud: This thread will be a sign up sheet for the new and approved Anime Feud (anime version of Family Feud) game show panel. We're mostly looking for group cosplays to participate as the teams but will accept groups in general if we don't get enough group cosplay teams. We currently need 4 teams of 4-6 (maybe 7) people each (might be updated/changed when we find out our exact schedule).

The first group cosplay teams to sign up will be the first we take. If after we get our exact hours any teams wish to change their mind they may submit a request on the forum asking to do so and we will take the next most recent submission. If at the time of the show contestants who were selected to compete don't show up, we will be forced to take walk in contestants.

The game itself will be fun for both contestants and audience members and some of the con-goers may be participating before we even start. In order to get the results of the survey we will be going around the convention presenting our questions to all con-goers willing to take a moment of their time to answer our questions. All of the questions will be anime based and all of the results will come from fans at the convention.

I really hope that this will take off and become a great new addition to our favorite convention. Let's make this a fun new game years to come. Sign up for Anime Feud today!

And if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Sincerely,
    Aceacles
    Last edited by Aceacles; 06-25-2012 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Widened margin of number of people per team.

Past 10 Posts
    UPDATE: My assistant and I have decided to host Anime Feud cosplaying as Tamaki Suou and Haruhi Fujioka from, you guessed it, Oran High School Host Club. We think this'll be a fun host angle to play off of and are currently looking for outfits at thrift shops that'll work for the uniforms. This is not exactly finalized until we're sure we can finish the costumes in time, but it is what we're working towards as of right now.

Also, we've been thinking that the best time to do the surveying might be while you're all standing in line waiting patiently to get in without much to do. So, here's a survey about our survey. Would you like to take a moment to answer some questions while you're in line, or do you feel that this might be inappropriate for some reason we've overlooked? Your opinion does matter! Please tell us what you think.

Sincerely,
    Aceacles.

Fountain of Useless Information EvilPopKorn's Avatar
    Id would like to play. I dont mind joining a group.
    |My Cosplay(s) for SJ 2015:|
    TBD

"Otaku are not driven by energy but by spirit." Genshiken 2

Past 10 Posts
    Thanks for the support EvilPopKorn. We're currently only looking for group cosplays, but if we don't get any groups, if one of the groups we do get needs or could use a Nekozawa/Tsukimi, or if you find or already have your own group and can get them to sign up, we'd be happy to have you.

We just really want to attempt to get a group cosplay concept somehow for the "family" aspect of the show before we start taking on uncoordinated groups of contestants. Thank you very much for your support though. I really hope we can get some groups together, and I really hope you can help us with a group of your own. A Host Club cosplay group would be rather ironic and humorous considering my choice for hosting the game show, and Nekozawa has always been one of my favorite characters from that show.

Sincerely,
    Aceacles.

His Little White Kitten DezzyDiamond's Avatar
    how many people need to be in the group?
    I will be selling at Mizuumi-con and Guesting

Past 10 Posts
    5 would be ideal since that's the number in the actual game, but we'll easily take 4-6 and might even take 7 as we understand that group cosplays have larger groups sometimes and do want everyone in a particular group to be able to be included. If we do find one larger group we'd probably try to ask for and find another larger group to pair it with in order to try to make it fair. I.e. If we get a 5 person group, a 4 person group, and a 6 and 7 person group. We'd put the 4 and 5 together and the 6 and 7 together, providing their schedules permit. Official schedules will be posted by San Japan sometime in mid-July and I will update this forum with our times as soon as that happens so that we can get a better confirmation on whether or not a certain group will be available at that time.

I hope this helped. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We're very happy to have anyone replying in the forum right now.

Sincerely,
    Aceacles.

Past 10 Posts
    UPDATE: I was going to wait until the final schedules got posted so I could do both updates at once, but the beta schedule is up and it's been a while since I've done an update so I decided to do one now.

We have decided to buy our uniforms online, mine has gotten here (and fits ) and we will be going through with the Ouran High School Host Club cosplay. We wanted to make our own but couldn't find anything that would work well and wanted to be as authentic as possible.

We've pretty much finished making all of the questions for the survey and will most likely be continuing with our "survey people while they're in line" idea. It's totally optional of course, so you have no obligation to answer our questions.

According to the beta schedule we will be on from 8:00-9:30 PM with a 7:30-8:00 set up time. We will be in Panel Room 4. When the final schedules are posted I will take the liberty of posting a list of the other events on at the same time as ours for your convenience. Hoping to get some sign ups before the con starts now that the schedules are coming. Thank you in advance for the support.

Love Always,
    Aceacles.
    Last edited by Aceacles; 07-16-2012 at 02:19 PM.

Hey, if one of my panels dont get switched to the same time, let me talk to my cosplay group and see if they wanna play... If so we are scooby doo group for my panel...
    crazy things have happened and were still here....
    SJ 7:Cana (Fairytail)= 100%
    Daphne (scooby-doo)= 100%
    Penny(Big Bang Theory)=100%
    Arrietty(Secret Life of Arrietty)=85%
    Katara (Avatar the Last Airbender)= 100%

Past 10 Posts
    That would be great. We'd love to have you. The "Anime" part of the "Anime Feud" is more about the fact that the questions are all based off animes as opposed to American or manga only material. We don't have any specifications as to what the group is cosplaying as. If the rest of your group agrees, consider yourself our first team.

Past 10 Posts
    Update: After a lot of back and forth and final decision making, we've finally finished the surveys and all of the questions. Here's some clues as to what potential contestants should be studying:

Trigun
    Yu-Gi-Oh
    Princess TuTu
    Bleach
    Fruits Basket
    Natuto Shippuden
    Ouran High Shcool Host Club
    Heroic Age
    Baka and Test
    Sailor Moon
    Pokemon
    Lucky Star AND (as if that wasn't bad enough)

We're including one question in the survey referencing My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. (because we felt like we had to given the overwhelming number of MLP panels and growing popularity of the show. We know it's not technically anime, but we made an exception for it.)

As you can see we spanned all genres and horizons, old and new, violent and girly, popular and obscure to bring the most diverse set of questions possible. There will be other questions not involving specific animes, but these are all of the animes that have questions specific to them. We hope this helps make the competition more fair and balanced for everyone who ends up competing. Thank you for your continuing support. We hope to see you there!

Sincerely,
    Aceacles.

So I looked at the final schedule and my panel finshes halfway through the start of this... If theres anyway we can show up halfway through and join in, then we'd love too as the scooby doo gang....

Past 10 Posts
    No problem. We plan on having two games so we'll just put you in the second one. How many people are going to be in your group?

four...

Past 10 Posts
    We'll try to pair you with a smaller group then. We don't have any other submissions yet, but there's still some time. If you need anything else just let me know and we'll do our best to accommodate your group. Thank you very much for your participation.

Sincerely,
    Aceacles.

Past 10 Posts
    UPDATE: As promised I have composed a list of all events taking place during our event, for your convenience. Our event has not changed since beta schedule and will still be taking place from 8:00-9:30 PM in panel room 4, with 7:30-8:00 PM set up time. I did not include any even that was only listed during our set up time. I only included events that at least partially took place between 8:00 and 9:30 PM.

Formal Masquerade: 8:30-11:30
    Name that Character: 7:30-8:30
    Rocky Horror: 9:00-11:30
    Little Kuriboh Unabridged: 7:00-8:30
    Guest Improv (18+): 9:00-10:00
    Ring Energy VGPonies: 8:30-9:30
    Madcast Podcast: 8:30-10:30
    Ask NinjaHELL: 8:30-9:30
    Guest Concert (TBA): 7:30-8:30
    Kieran Strange Concert: 8:30-9:30
    FtM Crossplay: Advanced and In-Depth: 8:00-9:00
    Animerica: The Industry and Its Fans: 9:00-10:30
    Karaoke: 8:00-3:00
    Homestuck Meetup: 7:30-9:00
    Nintendo DS/3DS Street Pass Meetup: 9:00-10:30

Most of these do not occur entirely in our time slot, but start or end half way through our time slot. We hope this helps anyone planning their schedule and thinking about our event. Thank you for the support!

Sincerely,
    Aceacles.