Thread: Deal or No Deal

Lets Be Friends

Deal or No Deal

Since this panel has been approved, now seems like the time to talk about it.

Deal or No Deal.
    Summary - Twenty audience volunteers for models will hold the cases, and one player try and find the highest prize in the cases. The player will have a chance to keep his case or sell it to the banker. We will play as many rounds as we can until the panel's time limit ends. Audience participation is wanted, because peer pressure can make all the difference when it comes to this game. Player and "models" will rotate every round.

Bonus: The audience, each round, will have a chance to guess which case is the right one. From those, we will randomly select one who will win a special prize (a giftcard). Depending on how many rounds we get, that is how many audience members have a chance at winning. You must be present to win.

Prizes will be provided by myself. They will range from a penny, to candy, to manga, to dvds, to giftcards. To all con authority, do not worry, I will provide the prizes. I do this because I love this convention and want to have some fun. It is not a hard thing to bankroll when you love it so much.
    <3 amara, who was once mamaesme but decided that she didn't like being associated with Twilight anymore.

Regularly Showing Up SonicRenegade84's Avatar
    I knew this panel was coming :P

Consider me there.
    Come join one of the biggest clubs dedicated to both the anime industry and anime collector's alike...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/195541550544041/

Lets Be Friends
    The real question is, are you coming because I am giving away a thousand free things or because you think it will be a fun panel?

Seriously, the prize list is kind of insane. Be glad I have an adult job and can afford this stuff guys. (I'm probably going to fund a cosplayer scavenger hunt next year, simply because I've been talking about it for years and this is the stuff I love to do.)

I may do some raffles right at the end for the extra prizes not won. (or depending on the schedule, may be given out in the AMM game). I'm throwing some stuff in the air still.
    <3 amara, who was once mamaesme but decided that she didn't like being associated with Twilight anymore.

Regularly Showing Up SonicRenegade84's Avatar
    >"I knew this panel was coming"
    >thinks i'm coming for the prizes

Come on man. I'm gonna play and win!
    Come join one of the biggest clubs dedicated to both the anime industry and anime collector's alike...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/195541550544041/

Lets Be Friends
    Well.........if you are playing to win, you are kind of going or the main prize, which will be a Visa giftcard of amount.

Fountain of Useless Information EvilPopKorn's Avatar
    I wouldn't mind being a model. I think it would be fun to display a case with unknown items inside!
    |My Cosplay(s) for SJ 2015:|
    TBD

"Otaku are not driven by energy but by spirit." Genshiken 2

Lets Be Friends
    I would love to have you as a model, but there won't be any sign ups. I'll take who I can get from the lines/audience.

I'm really big on making sure everyone is involved and gets in on the fun.

This sounds like it will be really fun! I wouldn't mind being a model either

It does sound fun ^^ I'd love to get the chance to participate in whatever way i can~ *is often ignored at cons*
    Current Cosplays (for SJ7)

Dead Master (BRS) - 100% (Finished)
    Ruby Rose (RWBY) - 65%
    White/Touko/Hilda - Pokemon B/W - 75%

Lets Be Friends
    The point of this game (and I pause to call it a panel, because this isn't informational at all, honestly) is to have fun. This isn't just for the people playing the game, it's for the people in the audience. It's for the people who have come to every SJ. It's for the people who just waltzed in with a day pass. It's for the people who wanted to sign up online. It's for everyone.

I'm not hugely into the con scene anymore. I go to SJ now because I a) like how the con is run and b) live in the town. I am paying for a badge, paying for a hotel room, and paying for these prizes (which, will probably end up totaling around $300, at the least) because I want people to win something. I want everyone to have a chance to walk away with something. Cosplayer or not. Equal opportunity.

For future reference, if you are being ignored in this panel, I completely and utterly apologize because that is everything this panel (and AMM) is against. I want people to have a fun hour where they can laugh and be thoroughly entertained. I devise these crazy games and Grey puts the personality into it so you guys can have fun. That's what this panel is for. I honestly hope you guys enjoy it.

It's really good to hear your in this for everyone a lot of people have a superiority complex about cons or themselves.
    Nooby Competitive Gamer: Pokemon, Soul cal 5, and maybe persona 4 UA

Cosplays:

Done:
    Aladdin (Disney's aladdin.)

This sounds great~ I've been to every San Japan but somehow never end up getting involved in anything.... so this year I'm really hitting up the interactive games hard because I LOVE it when everyone gets to play along, prizes or no prizes! Count me in, audience or contestant, whatever! If I can make it, I will be there jumping for joy and calling out "MAKE THE DEAL!" just like the TV show.

Lets Be Friends
    Sorry for the belated reply here, but I'm so glad you are excited.

And the prizes were finalized today. You guys are going to love this. (I hope!)

I've been so excited about this eversince I first saw it posted here on the forums!
    And now that's it's been confirmed on the Final Schedule...I believe my sister and I will be able to make it! o(> w <)o
    It's gonna be fun to watch and even participate!

~San Japan 7: Cosplay List for Saturday~
    Finland - (Hetalia)
    Fox!Norway - (Hetalia)
    Sweden - (Hetalia)
    Lolita Mikasa - (Attack on Titan) *Bringing for Back-Up*

Lets Be Friends
    I hope you and your sister are able to attend our panel/game.

Hint though, stay to the bitter end. That's when the raffling mania will be crazy.

Man I love Deal or No Deal. I'll definitely be around for this, if not to be apart at least just to watch.

This sounds like a lot of fun and I do like prizes !

Lets Be Friends
    I can't wait to see you both at the game. I've finally gotten the last of the prizes, and oh man. I've got a lot.

I'll try to make it there since it sounds fun.

So...Deal! =p