Thread: Rune Factory 4 and Everything Before

Rune Factory 4 and Everything Before

*gargles blood* I am so excited that I am shamelessly rhyming.

In the hopes of getting a conversation brewing, as is the general point of creating a thread in a forum to begin with, I would like to point out that Rune Factory 4 comes out in THREE DAYS, leaving a little under a month for me to play it every day, eight hours a day, before I must drive downtown for San Japan.

So, any other Rune Factory junkies out here looking forward to it? Would anyone like updates on how it is once I get it? Is anyone out there planning to run to Gamestop or whatever other store you have nearby, flailing your arms and squealing at the top of your lungs, "GOOD GOD I MUST HAVE THAT GAME THIS INSTANT OR WE SHALL HAVE A THROWDOWN"? Because that is how I am feeling exactly.

While I'm on the topic of Rune Factory, if you've played the games before, how did you like them? I've played every game except Rune Factory 3 and I want to know if it's worthwhile. Also, if you play Rune Factory, did you play Harvest Moon before it? I haven't played most of the newer games, not since my Japanese copy of Twin Villages broke my heart and crushed my dreams.

And if you DON'T know about Rune Factory, but you're interested in farming games, and dating sims, well have I got a hyperlink for you! http://fogu.com/hm/rune_factory/ That is some information on the first game. Of course, the Wii games are much better, and RF4 for the 3DS will probably be a knockout.

So who wants to talk with me~?

Holy cap really? I had no idea o.o
    I have Rune Factory, and I enjoyed it. I did play a lot of Harvest Moon games before that, and while I liked how it was a fantasy style, I didn't like it as much as the Harvest Moon series.
    Right now I'm doing Tale of Two Towns for 3DS, and I'm excited about the new Harvest Moon games coming out, but I might get Rune Factory 4 if it gets pretty good reviews.

You should get it! The first two DS games were a bit of a let down. My favorite so far is Tides of Destiny for the Wii, which had GREAT customizability, wasn't too long or drawn out, and the plot was engaging. RF4 focuses more on relationships. Some monsters that you beat end up being bachelors/bachelorettes... there's a new Doki Doki Zoom feature, and husbands/wives/children actually DO something this time around!

How are you liking Tale of Two Towns? I got the Japanese version when I was on my six week exchange trip, and I was a little disappointed by it. It wasn't as engaging to me as some of the other games, since the characters didn't even see interested in the fact that I was this new person in the middle of their weird town battle... what's it like in English?

I've been reading a lot about it on Siliconera, and it seems pretty cool. The whole idea of it being in a fantasy was what attracted me to it the most.
    I like Tale of Two Towns so far, but it is really slow. I've had it for about 5 or 6 months now and I'm not even through the first year. It really does just move very slowly, and it doesn't really keep me interested in it. I really only got it because I wanted something to play for my new 3DS, and I had really liked Harvest Moon games in the past.
    Have you heard anything about Harvest Moon: A New Beginning? I'm pretty excited about it, what I've read about it says that it's all about customization, from what your farmer looks like to how the farm, and even the town itself, is arranged. Also, the relationship side of it is more realistic, with you actually dating before marrying.

Yeah I heard a little bit about it! I nearly fell out of my seat when they started releasing information on that one... I haven't checked up on its status in a while ago! I just remember freaking out when I saw that the characters were actually REALLY customizable! At the time, I didn't have a 3DS and didn't think I would get one, so I sort of blew it off... GOOGLING IT NOW.

Gwah! Those sneaky game makers! The premise of revamping the relationship system is exactly what they're doing for the new Rune Factory game... making it more realistic by adding a dating period and allowing other characters to get jealous... HNNNG MY HEART. The revamped graphics on that one look GREAT and the characters look interesting too! I can't take this much Harvest Moon awesomeness at once. x.x I don't have enough money during the summer... San Japan, and now THIS.

It's almost like they've been looking at the popularity of Animal Crossing and taking little hints from that... I am pleased. Very pleased.

As am I, it seems like both of them will be really good games. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get them both though, since I'm going to be devoting a lot of my time to KH3D at the end of July >.>

And then I looked up information about RF4 just to make sure...

*punches self in the face* I AM SUCH AN IDIOT.

It released on the 19th in JAPAN. There's been so much hype about it that I assumed the North America version was releasing at the same time, but we probably won't get RF4 in English for another few months, at the very least... my poor heart... the 3DS is region locked, so I can't just order a Japanese version either... AHHHH. Well, the bright side to this being that there is now a lot more time for me to form a puddle of money for the game and the impending social doom it brings, and the downside being I feel like I was just betrayed by my own brain.

A New Beginning SHOULD come out toward the end of 2012 though...