Thread: Freedom Gundam Cosplay (SEED). Also, looking for a Kira Yamato.

Freedom Gundam Cosplay (SEED)

Hey y'all, this is going to be my first cosplay ever, and I'll be debuting it at San Japan! It is almost done, I only need to build the wings, rebuild the arms, and attach small details now!

Head

Body/Skirt/Railguns/Shoulders

Lower Leg unit (with obsolete old leg, and old foot)

Feet

Arms (just built, 7/17/2012)

My whole build log can be found here:
    http://mushrooshi.com/?cat=3

If anyone is cosplaying as Kira Yamato, it would be pretty badass for us to take pictures together.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mushrooshi; 08-07-2012 at 04:21 AM.

Only three days until the con! I'm almost done with my cosplay too, I finished up the wings earlier today and added lower back support on the shoulder frame. In addition, I've retexturized lots of the gundam's body

This pic was taken last week, before I started the wings. At that point, I'm wearing everything I've built except for the arms. Sorry for the shaky pic, my sister took this photo...

This is the shoulder pack, that holds the wings and shoulders, and supports the torso and skirt units

These are my wings in full burst mode! The wingspan in the picture is 13 feet, but the wings ended up being too long while I was standing, so I clipped them 6 inches. The current wingspan is now about 12 feet. I won't be walking around the con with the wings spread out though, they are at a much more reasonable... 4 or 5 foot wingspan i think.

The only thing I have left to build now is the ankles and a couple minor details! I will be entering the cosplay show!

I might be at North Star Mall taking nicer pics of my completed Gundam. I hope to get everything finished by the end of the day tomorrow, so I can test and rest on the 8th and the 9th before the con.

Needs To Do This: Settings | Edit Profile | Custom User Title
    Looks great there.

I'm a huge Gundam fan, expect me to ask for a picture sometime at the con.

Quote Originally Posted by Totakeke View Post
    Looks great there.

I'm a huge Gundam fan, expect me to ask for a picture sometime at the con.
    I'd love to have photos taken!

The wings are pretty heavy though. I'm trying to get my shoulder harness to be comfortable enough for me to wear all 10 wings at once, but I might just walk around the con with 4 wings the majority of the time. If you catch me around at the right time with all 10 wings on, I can go in Burst Mode

Edit:

Modified my shoulder harness and everything is good, I can probably do the whole con with 10 wings now

And me with the wings on (slightly lopsided, I forgot to put on the kidney belt

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mushrooshi; 08-07-2012 at 11:38 PM.

I did a test run at the mall!

A part broke, and a couple need a bit more refining, but overall, this was a good test before the con, and I know what to work on in my two days before my cosplay show entry.

I've got more pics here

Dude! i remember seeing this at San Japan on Saturday Bad Thing is i had My Kira Yamato [ZAFT uniform] When he first got the freedom but had to leave early on sunday before i had a chance to find ya and get pictures with ya....good news i will be at Ikkicon 7 if your going ill be in his Orb Military Costume maybee we can get pics then

Quote Originally Posted by DIngram00 View Post
    Dude! i remember seeing this at San Japan on Saturday Bad Thing is i had My Kira Yamato [ZAFT uniform] When he first got the freedom but had to leave early on sunday before i had a chance to find ya and get pictures with ya....good news i will be at Ikkicon 7 if your going ill be in his Orb Military Costume maybee we can get pics then
    Me and my best friend/handler are totally coming to Ikkicon!