Thread: Msoliz

Msoliz

I am quite aware of what he's posted, said, etc. etc. etc.

This is to the forum who is thinking of having a witch hunt if he comes to SJ.

At the moment, to squash a big rumor, MSOLIZ is currently NOT BANNED from SJ nor will he be ARRESTED either just for attending.
    Why, you ask? Because no matter how creepy he might seem, he has only given every one bad vibes but he hasn't DONE anything yet.

A convention ban is very rarely placed but it is only placed when someone has DONE an action that jeopardizes the safety of the attendees at San Japan. He has talked about some very creepy things on here and FB but we all have the freedom the speak what we want.

He has apologized in private, claims that he'll deal with his issues and has accepted the forum ban. We've spoken privately and clarified some things with him.

I know many will be watching him closely but harassing other people, no matter how shady they are, is not tolerated UNTIL they've done something that needs to have Safety or the SAPD to be there.

We are suppose to be an openly accepted convention. You can tell your friends, hide your wife, but don't push this guy over the edge.

CLARIFICATION: I'm not saying SJ defends creepers. Every single large convention gets them, male and female (see Squiddy's post on how not to be one). We're aware what kind of people that attend cons. The bigger a con gets, the more different types you get (see A-Kon). We do our best to make sure that everyone stays safe. That's all we can do along with putting on a good convention.
    In Charge Of The Chaos

The Sweet Apple Acre Princess Puritysan's Avatar
    Good on you, Proz. Way to handle this. 8D ^_^b

Eyyyyyyy Sexy Cosplay~
    Tumblr Fandom Style~
    O-O-O-O-T-P~

Dezzy's rabid badger ezio auditore da firenze's Avatar
    well I hope the guy gets it, san japan is a fun and diverse place so there is bound to be someone that may be interested in him, he just needs a bit of work on socializing is all. It doesn't really seem appropriate to ban him so long as he plays by the rules. I honestly got a bit nervous from some things that were said, but I don't know him personally so i'll try to give him the benefit of the doubt.
    -When I said "deadly neurotoxin," the "deadly" was in massive sarcasm quotes. I could take a bath in this stuff. Put it on cereal, rub it right into my eyes... honestly, it's not deadly at all... to *me*. You, on the other hand, are going to find its deadliness... a lot less funny. - GlaDOS, Portal

ezio auditore da firenze x dezzy diamond= dezzio??

San Antonio's Male Stripper ThePlayboyBunny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampopo View Post
    Thank you. People got a little to excited over that. Quite honestly, there were quite a few people being the pot calling the kettle black, if you know what I mean. :/
    Pretty much this. Con-goers don't exactly have the greatest reputation for being "pure and innocent", or even really being good with talking to people.
    I'm an advice-giver, listener, and psychiatrist by day
    and a wild, party-starting, life-of-the-party male entertainer by night
    I exist to explain dreams
    And then I aim to fulfill them
    I am here to keep it classy
    And then I am here to party

If anyone if worried about people who make you feel uncomfortable at a convention, make certain you're always with a convention buddy. Safety in numbers. There are dangerous people at conventions. (There was a very serious and dangerous incident that happen at a past Ikkicon right outside the hotel room where myself and my friends were staying. All I'm going to say is that it went to court as a criminal case.)

Still, there is a way to be polite if someone makes you uncomfortable. You can excuse yourself saying you need to tend to a friend or even be honest saying you don't feel comfortable speaking with them at the moment. This usually works out nicely for both parties, but I myself have had instances where they keep following you. It's only at the point where they appear to be stalking you (passing by them in the halls multiple times doesn't count necessarily cause it's a con and you're likely to run into the same person more than once or twice) should you go to the security desk.

I personally didn't have a problem with Msoliz, but perhaps he just didn't have a good way to know how to socialize online. He may act completely different in person, I don't know. Still, if you happen to meet him or anyone else that may make you uncomfortable please try politeness first and stick with your con buddy.
    San-Japan 6
    Cecil - Welcome to Night Vale
    Kevin - Welcome to Desert Bluffs
    Miles Edgeworth - Ace Attorney
    Rainbow Dash-hole - MLP .MOV
    Death & Jo Harvelle - Supernatural
    Louis Despatis - Honor Amongst Thieves

CudaŽ
    So, I can send private messages to all the girls on here and be persistent in asking for sex in exchange for room stay. It isn't wrong. I will get right on that. If you ban me, I will just make a fake account. Not like you would ban somebody for that.

And no, we aren't having a "witch hunt". We reported some shady going ons. Simple as that. We don't decide his fate, but by shaming us when he was caught red handed, does not seem like anybody is truly remoresful. We did our part and stopped a volatile situation from developing. We should be proud of that.

So, there, I bit into your bait. Go ahead and ban me for speaking out against something wrong. Because, if you want me to work for you, you better be paying me for all this hassle.

I don't think Cuda should get banned for speaking his mind.
    PyramidHeadGirl+Illusion007=PH7 (Haters Gonna Hate)

CudaŽ
    Eh, if they want to get rid of me, here is there free pass.

Still don't think it'd be right since everyone here is giving their own 2 cents.

CudaŽ
    Its hard to sweep anything under the rug if people keep tracking it around.

It's ok, they don't exactly care about me. They let people make pot shots at me when they want, they can make threats to me and Proz mod edits it out, then the response is I'm not getting involved or I will get Sven on you.

Please do, maybe he will listen to my side of things. Maybe not. I'm just sour at the way I've been treated and disrespected by the staff and a few members that never seem to get in trouble for breaking serious rules. It js kind of a double standard here and it looks like Proz is looking out for the real troublemakers everytime.

EDIT: if anybody really has an issue with me, I welcome them to talk over a peaceful solution with me, however, leave your attitude and ego somewhere, and talk to me like a person. If I somehow wronged you and feel I owe it to you, sure, let me know what I can do to rectify my transgressions. I'm tired of this snide remarks and BS. If you don't make that attempt, then sorry, but you aren't looking for anything but drama still.
    Last edited by Totakeke; 07-20-2012 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Totakeke View Post
    EDIT: if anybody really has an issue with me, I welcome them to talk over a peaceful solution with me
    I have an issue with you.. You're too tall! ;o

Of course, that might be better in the 'keeping an eye out' department.

And that's my two cents, so deal with it!
    San Japan Main Gopher and Karaoke Coordinator
    "If something happens, I get blamed."

Check out my Work! Come, buy things!
    --> SelectionsX <--

His Little White Kitten DezzyDiamond's Avatar
    I don't think we became a witch hunt, like cuda said, we reported his shady activity and some caught him red handed. His actions did startle a few of us, including my self. As long as an eye is kept on him, we should be safe.
    I will be selling at Mizuumi-con and Guesting

Dezzy's rabid badger ezio auditore da firenze's Avatar

well

well I see points on both sides of this thing, do I want him at the convention? Personally no, simply because of his previous postings, but by the same token proz is right, this isn't 1950 so we can't go by McCarthyism and crucify him without him having actually done anything... and totakeke calm down a bit dude, I fully understand being nervous about this guy( believe me that I will be the first one to haul him off to the security desk if he pulls something) but it isn't right to go on a rampage against proz, I am not interested in getting into a flame war over this, but relax a bit. Proz is not stupid and I am pretty damn sure that he thought about this for more than five minutes, so with that said how about we at least give him the chance to handle things in his own way.
    -When I said "deadly neurotoxin," the "deadly" was in massive sarcasm quotes. I could take a bath in this stuff. Put it on cereal, rub it right into my eyes... honestly, it's not deadly at all... to *me*. You, on the other hand, are going to find its deadliness... a lot less funny. - GlaDOS, Portal

ezio auditore da firenze x dezzy diamond= dezzio??

Shogun Candidate #000 YoSoyJaponesa~'s Avatar
    You can't be mad at a person just for having an opinion.
    And you certainly can't be upset at a person for being concerned over a situation that could turn out very badly for someone IRL.

All I'm gonna say is
    Freedom of Speech.

Quote Originally Posted by pyramidheadgirl View Post
    All I'm gonna say is
    Freedom of Speech.
    Freedom of Speech, as enshrined in the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, only prohibits the government from abridging speech. It addresses absolutely nothing when it comes to private business and individuals. This forum and San Japan are public areas of a private business and Proz is well within his rights to prohibit any speech he desires; just like any business can have you removed, just like any concert venue can prohibit cameras or even certain colors of clothing, just like any private individual can control what you say or how you express yourself on their property.

I think he's gone the extra mile here by not being heavy handed and issuing bans left and right. Sure, Msoliz was creepy as hell but that isn't a crime. This isn't to say that you can't spread the word and warn your fellow con-goers about the creepy "vibe" or whatever, but keep in mind that none of you are going to San Japan to enforce laws. None of you are Batman. None of you get to say what will and will not happen at an event where you are a guest.

If you see or hear something bad going down TELL THE PROPER AUTHORITIES.

You and your friends with your ninja swords and airsoft guns are NOT the proper authorities.

Have some common sense. You'll still be the hero by running and telling security or the police, which is a damn sight better than getting arrested for assault because you were "trying to help."

I saw the original post from the girl herself, she said she initially agreed to what he asked, he made his intensions clear, if she agreed and later regreted and backed out that's fine but im not understanding why this has been made in to a huge ordeal, u are agreeing to sleep in a room with a man you know nothing about, if I walk down a dark alley on a bad part of town in the middle of the night I'm taking a chance just like any woman would rooming with a random guy, their is a time where self responsibility has to come into play, you can't place all the blame on one person...

^agreed

San Antonio's Male Stripper ThePlayboyBunny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
    Stuff
    Just to be clear, the "girl" who messaged Matt (which was then posted on the forums) was a fake account. I'm pretty sure I know who created it, but that's not important. But, yeah, if you're dumb enough to be lured into a hotel with a stranger and nobody else there...totally on your own, and better hope your brother didn't replace your pepper spray with silly string (shout-outs to Daniel Tosh).

Just going to say this, to anybody here who doesn't think they were on a witch hunt, that is a clear-cut indication that you lack the self-awareness to realize what bullies you've become. There's a difference between being some pseudo-mod vigilante like I like to pretend I am, and then there's legitimately going out of your way to ruin somebody's reputation, as well as to make sure somebody has their entire con experience ruined (banned from forums? Check. banned from San Antonio cosplay group? Check. banned from San Japan...quick! Let's mobilize!)

Stop making this thread about you and your pity party that you failed at what you love doing most: being Internet bullies. Proz handled this like a mature adult, and obviously realizes the differences between "a sad, creepy person with no grasp of how to socialize effectively" versus "a legitimate criminal and threat to con safety." Besides, it's not as if everybody who was aware of what happened isn't going to be on their toes should they encounter Msoliz anyways.

Take at least 20 chill pills, and while you're at it take a look in the mirror.

Why is this thread not locked? Proz said what he had to say, we read it, we get the point. Move along; no use gossiping over this, especially since ya'lls gossip is what started this whole debacle. Quit being children, children. Put down your pitchforks and learn to love.
    I'm an advice-giver, listener, and psychiatrist by day
    and a wild, party-starting, life-of-the-party male entertainer by night
    I exist to explain dreams
    And then I aim to fulfill them
    I am here to keep it classy
    And then I am here to party

Going to lock this now since this thread has a lot of gasoline in it.
    In Charge Of The Chaos