Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Broken A.C....

The Men Who Stare at Suits theSock.Monkey.Renegade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampopo View Post
    Back in NY we had no a/c. My grandma had one in her room and there was one in the living room but that's it. Even at school some rooms had no a/c. It doesn't get too hot up north so a lot people don't have one. There wasnt one at church. (I used to have to go every Sunday. >.>) So for me, heat really isn't that bad because when it got hot I just tolerated it with a good old ceiling fan. I would go to the library all the time and stay there all day. XD
    Yeah, we had no AC in New York either, it's a common thing. Lots of window fans.

I agree though, the library was the best haven. You could read, you could play educational games on the computers, and your could lay on bean bag chairs while enjoying wondrous, cold, central air conditioning.

Funny story about the window fans though, one night there was a torrential downpour, and my window fan was still on, so I had this dream I was a fisherman on a boat out in a storm, only it turns out it was just my fan spraying me with horizontal rain.

CoRunner of the San Japan Live Action Cosplay Contest and 50% of the Men Who Stare At Suits
    Cosplay SJ7
    Han Solo- Star Wars: A New Hope|Visas Marr- Star Wars KOTOR: II|Tsukimi- Princess Jellyfish|Phoenix Wright- Ace Attorney

love meeting new people :) Isa-chan's Avatar
    Back in NY we had no a/c. My grandma had one in her room and there was one in the living room but that's it. Even at school some rooms had no a/c. It doesn't get too hot up north so a lot people don't have one. There wasnt one at church. (I used to have to go every Sunday. >.>) So for me, heat really isn't that bad because when it got hot I just tolerated it with a good old ceiling fan. I would go to the library all the time and stay there all day. XD
    lol yeah thats how it is with my grandpas house on the South side over here,my family used to live with him when we first moved here. I wasnt able to get to sleep till like 5 in the morning cause of how hot it is even though i have a ceiling fan on. Actually all the fans in the house r on. Im used to being in the heat outside but for the a/c in the house to be off is just torture.

love meeting new people :) Isa-chan's Avatar
    Good old window fans, lol. They're probably almost as good as a/c, especially at night.

Maybe you should try putting a fan in your window Isa. Worked for us. XD
    lol. Well i got another fan in my room now and it feels a whole lot better