Thread: Driving to San Antonio

Driving to San Antonio

We will be driving from Dallas to San Antonio, and i was wondering if there was any major construction or hwy or main roads closed that google maps wouldn't take into account. Anyone know?
    All posts made by Coci from Anime-Outcast
    Anime-Outcast, bringing you all the news and reviews of the Anime world!
    Visit www.anime-outcast.com

Past 10 Posts
    wow thats a great question to ask. we're driving from Sugar Land (houston area). but stay with family outside of san antonio

San Antonio's Male Stripper ThePlayboyBunny's Avatar
    Send a private message to Proz; he's from around that very area.
    I'm an advice-giver, listener, and psychiatrist by day
    and a wild, party-starting, life-of-the-party male entertainer by night
    I exist to explain dreams
    And then I aim to fulfill them
    I am here to keep it classy
    And then I am here to party

Check http://www.my35.org/ on construction news. Don't PM me.

If you want to shave off an hour then take the SH130 toll road to skip Austin. It costs about ~$7-$9 each way (depending on if you pay with a toll tag or by mail) but you'll avoid downtown Austin which is gridlock for about 6 hours a day from about 2pm to 8pm on weekdays and all day on weekends.
    In Charge Of The Chaos

Lets Be Friends
    I just drove from Waco to San Antonio and back a few weekends, which is basically I-35. Take the detour Proz is talking about. Getting through Austin (rush hour traffic or not, I did both), is not worth it. In rush hour it added an extra hour and a half to my drive. Not, it added an extra half an hour.

My fam is coming up from Katy this weekend. If they hear about any traffic, I'll pass along that info.

1604 E and W are almost always crowded though.
    <3 amara, who was once mamaesme but decided that she didn't like being associated with Twilight anymore.

Semi-Regular
    I'm local, and I haven't seen any major road closings or detours of late. But San Antonio is in a perpetual state of road repair and expansion, so always expect lane closures and such. Traffic downtown will likely be really heavy with everyone coming and going to the convention itself. Plus the regular tourist traffic to the Riverwalk.

Lets Be Friends
    The fam just did the Houston to San Antonio drive, and there is no construction as of today. You guys should be good.
    <3 amara, who was once mamaesme but decided that she didn't like being associated with Twilight anymore.