Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Photo Booth Feedback

  1. #1
    Official Photo Booth Operator Toshi Yamioka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    32

    Photo Booth Feedback

    Hello guys,

    I'm looking to find some feedback on the photo booth setup I put on for you guys this year.

    This was my first time doing an out of state con, and I definitely ran into a couple hiccups this year (forgetting batteries, cables, massive orders I wasn't expecting, etc) so I'd like some feedback on the good and bad of it.

  2. #2
    DJKafka Peachy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    City on the River which flows through the land of Fire and Ice
    Posts
    443
    May we repost your pics elsewhere (Facebook, Deviantart, etc.)? And if yes, how should we cite you?
    Facebook
    Deviantart
    SJ 6 Cosplays: Pimpachu, Grunkle Stan (Gravity Falls), & HitPony!
    Avi by Ubisoft, edited by http://kyo4kusanagi.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d53j3hw

  3. #3
    Pirate kitties say Nyarr
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    9
    Feedback? You guys are awesome! :3 This is the first time I've been to a con where professional quality photos were offered free of charge. We were so impressed with your work after the first day that we came back every day and bought prints we didn't really need just so we could give you money. ;3 Thanks so much for coming to San Japan and I hope to run into you again at other conventions!

  4. #4
    My Ghost Is Whispering Tsume15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by myzkyti View Post
    Feedback? You guys are awesome! :3 This is the first time I've been to a con where professional quality photos were offered free of charge. We were so impressed with your work after the first day that we came back every day and bought prints we didn't really need just so we could give you money. ;3 Thanks so much for coming to San Japan and I hope to run into you again at other conventions!
    I agree with this. Very friendly, helpful, and calm. I have never had my photo take by a professional in costume and this was my first year. You didn't rush me or make me feel like I wasn't posing correctly. You just told me to get up there and go for it/have fun. That made me comfortable. You did a great job and I hope to be seeing you next year and maybe even at other cons.

  5. #5
    Official Photo Booth Operator Toshi Yamioka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by myzkyti View Post
    Feedback? You guys are awesome! :3 This is the first time I've been to a con where professional quality photos were offered free of charge. We were so impressed with your work after the first day that we came back every day and bought prints we didn't really need just so we could give you money. ;3 Thanks so much for coming to San Japan and I hope to run into you again at other conventions!
    Oh jeez XD If that's the case I think I might consider having a tip jar so that that way you won't need prints you don't really need lol. I'm glad you liked the pictures though!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsume15 View Post
    I agree with this. Very friendly, helpful, and calm. I have never had my photo take by a professional in costume and this was my first year. You didn't rush me or make me feel like I wasn't posing correctly. You just told me to get up there and go for it/have fun. That made me comfortable. You did a great job and I hope to be seeing you next year and maybe even at other cons.
    Hahaha well I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I've had my fair share of experiences with photo booth people who get annoyed when you don't know what pose to do or when you take more than 5 seconds to prepare one and they just snap it and say "You're done, NEXT!" XD I just want people to have fun and get the pictures they like.

    After this con I already applied to Akon 2013 and Ikkicon 2012, I just need to wait for a reply from them first.

  6. #6
    Powdered..Toast...MAAAAAN NNN! sakeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    17
    Your photos were excellent and I hope you sold a ton of 'em, because the quality was great and your staff was super friendly. I too would like to know if you would be so kind as to let us use your photos on deviantart or cosplay.com, and how you'd like to be credited if we do. Thanks!

  7. #7
    Official Photo Booth Operator Toshi Yamioka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by sakeman View Post
    Your photos were excellent and I hope you sold a ton of 'em, because the quality was great and your staff was super friendly. I too would like to know if you would be so kind as to let us use your photos on deviantart or cosplay.com, and how you'd like to be credited if we do. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    May we repost your pics elsewhere (Facebook, Deviantart, etc.)? And if yes, how should we cite you?
    Alright I guess the boards has an anti link spam so I can't post links, so I'll show a quick example.

    So long as you just say it was taken by me and link to my website (cosplay (dot) toshiyamioka (dot) com) or my FB page (http://facebook.com/toshiyaimoka) then feel free to use it on FB or DA or whatever.

    Just don't sell these for money. That's all I ask.

  8. #8
    Needs More Minions gothlibrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    224
    We loved your photos! It was so nice of you to give us a reprint when someone took all of the steampunk photos including ours. I hope to see you next year and get more pictures. I thought your prices were extremely reasonable.
    Cosplays for SJ 8
    Don't know yet. :/
    I really want to do the Folktales panel again because it was well attended and I plan on making it even better!
    I'm a 14 year old girl trapped in the body of a forty-something year old librarian.

  9. #9
    Official Photo Booth Operator Toshi Yamioka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by gothlibrarian View Post
    We loved your photos! It was so nice of you to give us a reprint when someone took all of the steampunk photos including ours. I hope to see you next year and get more pictures. I thought your prices were extremely reasonable.
    Yeahhhh honestly I don't even know what happened there. I know I saw the prints but I guess they ended up underneath another set or something >< Naturally I'd be happy to give you another set since I know you had purchased prints before XD

    And I would love to see you again next year as well! I've gotta wait for Dave to see if he wants to take me back or not but let's hope for the best XD

  10. #10
    The Bald Voice From Above Proz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Texas, Ya'll
    Posts
    1,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshi Yamioka View Post
    And I would love to see you again next year as well! I've gotta wait for Dave to see if he wants to take me back or not but let's hope for the best XD
    Give me a few months but we'll talk to see if terms can be worked out.
    In Charge Of The Chaos

  11. #11
    Official Photo Booth Operator Toshi Yamioka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Proz View Post
    Give me a few months but we'll talk to see if terms can be worked out.
    No problem, take your time, the con just ended and I know you were working feverishly throughout the entire thing just to keep things in order XD

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •