Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 100 of 100

Thread: San Japan 5: August 10th-12th, 2012 @ HBG Convention Center

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    203
    Also since we are at a new location you can expect the prop and costume policy to really relax a bit here. Look forward to seeing how these new changes will work!/DOC

  2. #82
    Dominating Since the 90's Elmrada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New Braunfels, TX
    Posts
    131
    I'm so excited for San Japan Mach 5!

  3. #83
    I Know Post Mnemosyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    54
    The website, it be changin'! Looking forward to seeing the full roll-out.

  4. #84
    The Sweet Apple Acre Princess Puritysan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    760
    The website is evolving!!!!


    Eyyyyyyy Sexy Cosplay~
    Tumblr Fandom Style~
    O-O-O-O-T-P~

  5. #85
    I Know Post
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    62
    Well as nmuch as i'd like to say this in august '12 "I'm going to San Japan Go. " I will say this instead SJ mach 5

    Tsk.
    REMAKE HOENN!!

  6. #86
    Excuse me if I read wrong but will this be like San Japan 2.X when we had to go from main convention place to the hotel back and forth?
    Or is the hotel just for that - hotel?
    Cause I remember at SJ2 there were things hosted at the hotel as well, and it got kind of annoying having to go back and forth the hotel and main area.
    SAN JAPAN MACH5 COSPLAY
    John Egbert and Jake English

  7. #87
    The Bald Voice From Above Proz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Texas, Ya'll
    Posts
    1,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahis View Post
    Excuse me if I read wrong but will this be like San Japan 2.X when we had to go from main convention place to the hotel back and forth?
    Or is the hotel just for that - hotel?
    Cause I remember at SJ2 there were things hosted at the hotel as well, and it got kind of annoying having to go back and forth the hotel and main area.
    It is going to be two locations like the SJ2.x but the Convention Center is literally next door to the hotel and not just a block walk like during the first two years.

    You. Can't. Miss. It.

    There is still going to be a walk as Main Events is going to be on the 4th floor of the hotel while the dealers room & artist alley will be in the Convention Center.

    This is a Google Map view in-between the Hotel & Convention Center. (Ignore the construction, it is already completed.) This will give you a good view of what the new location will be like.
    In Charge Of The Chaos

  8. #88
    His Little White Kitten DezzyDiamond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    1,798
    so whats going to be in each seperate location?
    I will be selling at Mizuumi-con and Guesting

  9. #89
    The Bald Voice From Above Proz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Texas, Ya'll
    Posts
    1,466
    For sure:

    Hyatt - Main Events, Panels, Video Rooms
    Convention Center - Dealers, Artists, Registration

    Where everything will be is a big huge question mark until we find out if we are able to pick-up a very large room or not that could basically fit a college basketball game but we won't know until the beginning of the year. Originally, we didn't have that room but we've been going back to see if we could acquire more space after the end of SJ4.

    Maps & layouts will be posted later on next year.
    In Charge Of The Chaos

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Proz View Post
    It is going to be two locations like the SJ2.x but the Convention Center is literally next door to the hotel and not just a block walk like during the first two years.

    You. Can't. Miss. It.

    There is still going to be a walk as Main Events is going to be on the 4th floor of the hotel while the dealers room & artist alley will be in the Convention Center.

    This is a Google Map view in-between the Hotel & Convention Center. (Ignore the construction, it is already completed.) This will give you a good view of what the new location will be like.
    Ahh, yay! It's not going to be so far now, hehe. That's awesome! I wouldn't miss SJ for the world! This is going to be my 4th time going. ♥
    SAN JAPAN MACH5 COSPLAY
    John Egbert and Jake English

  11. #91
    The Sweet Apple Acre Princess Puritysan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    760
    HA. I see how it is. put all the things that make you spend money in one location. XDDDD
    -staying faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away from the GRB Center-


    Eyyyyyyy Sexy Cosplay~
    Tumblr Fandom Style~
    O-O-O-O-T-P~

  12. #92
    His Little White Kitten DezzyDiamond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    1,798
    alrighty then =3 I can't wait to see it how it plays it
    I will be selling at Mizuumi-con and Guesting

  13. #93
    His Little White Kitten DezzyDiamond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    1,798
    Is there a cosplay guest this year?
    I will be selling at Mizuumi-con and Guesting

  14. #94
    The Bald Voice From Above Proz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Texas, Ya'll
    Posts
    1,466
    In Charge Of The Chaos

  15. #95
    ZOMBIE Panelist RedeadDie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    1,463
    Events/Panel times, is there a date when it'll be released or did I miss this information in another forum.
    San-Japan 7
    Pete - South Park
    Kevin - Welcome to Desert Bluffs
    Miles Edgeworth - Ace Attorney
    Thorin Oakenshielf - The Hobbit

  16. #96
    Lets Be Friends JovahDORK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    75
    Just curious, but what is an estimate on the size of the room for panels? Or are their different sizes for the popularity of each panel?

  17. #97
    The Bald Voice From Above Proz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Texas, Ya'll
    Posts
    1,466
    Quote Originally Posted by JovahDORK View Post
    Just curious, but what is an estimate on the size of the room for panels? Or are their different sizes for the popularity of each panel?
    They vary in size. Some will fit 80, some will fit 600. We are going to try to put the more popular guest panels in larger rooms (2 of them will be 180-200, 1 will fit 600), most fan and cosplay panels will be in the hotel which will fit about 80 but one room will be able to fit 150. We've done this long enough that we know where to put what. We'll try to make sure it isn't as bad as last year in the Marriott.
    In Charge Of The Chaos

  18. #98
    Captain Obvious TheFlyingGuillotine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    73
    as of now is there any estimate on how much san japan's attendance is expected to grow this year?

    i mean, two overflow hotels is a pretty big deal and, if anything, a sure sign that the con is getting bigger.
    bluh

  19. #99
    The Bald Voice From Above Proz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Texas, Ya'll
    Posts
    1,466
    Quote Originally Posted by RedeadDie View Post
    Events/Panel times, is there a date when it'll be released or did I miss this information in another forum.
    Gonna have to wait on this. Jay is super busy. I'm trying to see if he can have a beta out by the 15th. We won't have a final out until early August since its just so much this year.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingGuillotine View Post
    as of now is there any estimate on how much san japan's attendance is expected to grow this year?

    i mean, two overflow hotels is a pretty big deal and, if anything, a sure sign that the con is getting bigger.
    We'll have a better answer when pre-reg ends next week. Last year was just under 7k. We're going to be well above that.

    Conservatively, 25% jump from last year but actual might be much higher. There's a lot of factors that could happen so we can't count all the eggs just yet. We'll release those numbers at Closing Ceremonies and on the website.
    In Charge Of The Chaos

  20. #100
    Past 10 Posts
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Alvin Tx
    Posts
    24
    so...I'm an anime n00b. But looooove conventions. Just got done at comicpalooza here in Houston, and for my first comic convention I must say am addicted. Boyfriend and I decided to come to SJ like a week ago, so not much time for cosplay prep. He has a jedi costume and a legend of zelda "link" costume. The only costume I have is this RedLantern gitup i made last yr, but even at the comic convention no one recognized me...so looks like I'll be cosplaying as a human "le sigh'
    either way super excited to meet all of you and pick up some awesome swag at the Dealer rooms!
    on another note what are these "raves and masquerade ball" thingys like?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •