Thread: Ouran High Host Club Event Feedback

Ouran High Host Club Event Feedback

We were so happy to bring an amazing theme and hosting event to San-Japan's Mach 5! The Ouran group was also excited to see a lot of people still very interested in this event. We thought that San-Japan 4TW would be our last year, but because of all the positive feedback, we decided to try one more year and go out with a big bang. Steampunk theme, more interactive events, music, dancing and more!

Sadly, this was our final year of doing the Ouran event for San-Japan. Five years of Ouran seems to be the lifespan of most fandoms and most of our Ouran staff may or may not be able to attend next year. We're discussing a possible event similar to how our Ouran event is runned, but just with a new anime or show as the main focus.

We'd like to see what everyone's thoughts were on our final year. Did you enjoy the theme? Who was your favorite host member this year? Were the little events enjoyable? Any other thoughts?
    San-Japan 7
    Pete - South Park
    Kevin - Welcome to Desert Bluffs
    Miles Edgeworth - Ace Attorney
    Thorin Oakenshielf - The Hobbit

I loved the theme, and all of the characters! XD I liked what we all did during the event, and I really want it to happen next year!!!!
    Mizuumi-Con 6: Fire Nation disguised Toph

Anime Odyssey 1, Day 1: Robin!Ciel
    Anime Odyssey 1, Day 2: Seven Year's war Austria
    Anime Odyssey 1, Day 3: Default!Teto

Quote Originally Posted by thedeadlyone View Post
    I really want it to happen next year!!!!
    Sadly, as I stated in the first post, this was the last year for the Ouran event.
    San-Japan 7
    Pete - South Park

Awww too bad it was the last year
    It was fun, All the hosts were great, a similar event would be good but I wonder what other show would work as well so that you can integrate your audience as you do with the host club.

You guys should have a poll to ask people what anime should be the new focus of the event
    Mizuumi-Con 6: Fire Nation disguised Toph

Anime Odyssey 1, Day 1: Robin!Ciel
    Anime Odyssey 1, Day 2: Seven Year's war Austria
    Anime Odyssey 1, Day 3: Default!Teto

Semi-Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RedeadDie View Post
    Five years of Ouran seems to be the lifespan of most fandoms and most of our Ouran staff may or may not be able to attend next year. We're discussing a possible event similar to how our Ouran event is runned, but just with a new anime or show as the main focus.
    I find this sentiment really sad. But I guess it stands to reason now that anime is so common, it would be treated like a fad. Perhaps you can go retro. One of my favorites, "Tenchi Muyo", got a lot of love at our exhibit over the weekend, and it turns 20 next month. I still watch that. And I regularly watch "Gatchaman" and "Space Battleship Yamato", two shows I grew up with, both of which are turning 30. I bet a Tenchi event would get a lot of nostalgic attention.

Is it just dressing like the characters that goes out of style after a few years? Or do you stop watching the anime as well? I'm curious.

Just due to the fandom's popularity will wane soon and the fact that most of our original Host Club organizers won't probably make it for next San-Japan. We're also trying to go with something more current and popular as well.

We were originally going to stop the Host Club after San-Japan 4TW, but we thought we could stretch it for one more year. Besides, San-Japan needs something new.
    San-Japan 7
    Pete - South Park

Just call me Windy! MeWindyCharms's Avatar
    One of our attenders (girl in the pretty green dress) is seriously looking into hosting the Ouran Event with her friends/group. I'm advising. I'm going to miss the planning and preparation behind the event. I really enjoyed that aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by MeWindyCharms View Post
    One of our attenders (girl in the pretty green dress) is seriously looking into hosting the Ouran Event with her friends/group. I'm advising. I'm going to miss the planning and preparation behind the event. I really enjoyed that aspect.
    Hmm, call me as soon as you can before getting too far into it.
    San-Japan 7
    Pete - South Park