Thread: Information Desk and Sales Feedback

Information Desk and Sales Feedback

Eddo and I would like to hear your feedback for Info Desk and Sales. Post any good or bad things you have to say about how we did this year.
    Oh Little Wakeem! Why you have to die!?!

Official Photo Booth Operator Toshi Yamioka's Avatar
    I ran Photo Booth and everyone kept asking me questions and I had to direct everyone to Info Booth Q.Q

I think you guys would have been better off on the opposite side of the hall. That pillar blocked view of your desk and most people thought we were the info desk since we had the 4 tables lol.

Yea, People mistake anything for us half the time. I think we'll be getting a better space next year, but I'm not sure yet.

Semi-Regular
    I think I visited the Info Desk once. I went Thursday night to pick up my panelist comp badges and was told to go to the info desk. A guy watching the door to the dealer's room told me the info desk people hadn't shown up. But when I explained I was there to get my badge, he told me to go to the two tables right behind us (just outside the regular pre-reg pickup room).

The good: Despite the line being rather short (maybe 5 groups), someone was being pro-active and walking the line, telling people what to do and telling them about choosing shirts and stuff (gold level badges, right?). Doing things like that are critical. If a panel or show is delayed, have someone walk the line and give everyone an update. If there is a choice to be made or a chance to direct people to a different, more appropriate line, let them know. Keeping a crowd informed goes a long way.

The bad: Although everyone was very nice, they didn't know how to help us. There was all sorts of confusion about the "master list" being gone, and nobody knew what kinds of badges to give to who, etc. Luckily, Jay was on his way over and cleared it all up. They had the list and the badges, they just didn't know what they were looking for. We (and another group that was waiting) were set up in a minute or two after he arrived. Allowances can be made for being in a new space, but pre-reg and special badges (comps, gold level, etc) should be ironed out by now. At least it was only a temporary glitch.

Sorry for the Inconvinience

Quote Originally Posted by japester View Post
    I think I visited the Info Desk once. I went Thursday night to pick up my panelist comp badges and was told to go to the info desk. A guy watching the door to the dealer's room told me the info desk people hadn't shown up. But when I explained I was there to get my badge, he told me to go to the two tables right behind us (just outside the regular pre-reg pickup room).

The good: Despite the line being rather short (maybe 5 groups), someone was being pro-active and walking the line, telling people what to do and telling them about choosing shirts and stuff (gold level badges, right?). Doing things like that are critical. If a panel or show is delayed, have someone walk the line and give everyone an update. If there is a choice to be made or a chance to direct people to a different, more appropriate line, let them know. Keeping a crowd informed goes a long way.

The bad: Although everyone was very nice, they didn't know how to help us. There was all sorts of confusion about the "master list" being gone, and nobody knew what kinds of badges to give to who, etc. Luckily, Jay was on his way over and cleared it all up. They had the list and the badges, they just didn't know what they were looking for. We (and another group that was waiting) were set up in a minute or two after he arrived. Allowances can be made for being in a new space, but pre-reg and special badges (comps, gold level, etc) should be ironed out by now. At least it was only a temporary glitch.
    I greatly apologize for all the panelist/comp/industry/etc. badges that we had trouble getting out. We were given a master list that was printed several months earlier and then were told on site that there was an updated list that we didn't know about. The printed badges didn't match either the old or the updated list and we had to try and figure it all out by hand looking through each box individually. We've already suggested to both registration and the con head to make these badges more like pre-reg badges where you'll sign up for them in advance, but we'll print them on site so that everyone gets the badges they need and will be on a continuously updated list with little to no discrepancy. This was our first year handing out these badges and I am sorry that it was so confusing, but we are looking to get it fixed. Jay is the head of events so he knew everyone who needed badges and I'm glad he was willing to work with us to get it fixed with his busy schedule.