Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo 3DS

Nintendo 3DS

Who else is getting it on March 27th? I got it on reserve, I just don't know when Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance is going to come out, hopefully on the same day. I'm definitely going to get Super Street Fighter 4 3DS. Can't wait!
    Try to guess my favorite video game character

Author/Blogger/Podcaster randomizer9's Avatar
    If I can get my cashflow, well, flowing again before March, I'm definitely getting one. I got to see it at last year's E3 (see link below) and it blew me away. In addition to the 3D, it seems to be packing more horsepower and has a sharper screen compared to the DSi.

http://www.original-gamer.com/?action=article&id=1418

I don't want one, I think the novelty of it all would wear off soon for me. Plus I think I would get a headache after a few hours of staring at the 3D aspects of it.
    Cosplays

Friday: Rainbow Dash in a kimono (no wings)
    Saturday: Goth Rainbow Dash
    Sunday: Rave Rainbow Dash

Hey...hey...hey...hey.... MayMayPerson's Avatar
    ^^ agreed ^^
    San Japan Mach 5 Cosplays:
    Weeping Angel (Doctor Who) - 0%
    N (Pokemon Black/White) - 0%

8th Evil Ex-Boyfriend illusion007's Avatar
    i hate to think it reminds me of the Virtual Boy from ages ago,but i'll be willing to give Nintendo a second chance
    PHGirl x 007 = PH7 (God help us)

Commander of the Rabbit Army happygoldfish's Avatar
    The Virtual Boy was actually the first thing I thought of when I heard about this. Darn thing made me motion sick, I can't imagine what a 3DS will do. I think I'll be passing on it.
    Cosplays in the works:
    That one guy from that show and the character from that movie that came out a few years ago.

It's too expensive for me at the moment, ahaha... (considering I still need to buy a PS3)

but it looks cool, and I think i'll wait a bit to see what games come out ;D

Got mine on reserve and cannot wait for March 27. I'm thankful for the option of turning off the 3D mode because I would probably end up getting a headache within minutes.

I pre-ordered it mainly for Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Pre-ordered that baby, too!) and Paper Mario (Whenever they plan a release date for it, I will get it).
    Well. Dang.

SJ6
    Mordecai (Regular Show)

Captain of Naked Booty Pirate Crew gloommix's Avatar
    those things are gonna make u blind, it says u have to take a break after every 10 min of play or something
    to me its to expensive, and the 3-Dness isnt even that great :/

Nintendo pushes new versions of their handhelds out too fast for me to keep up with. I bought an original DS and within three months they already had the DS Lite out. Well about a year or two later they then come out with the DSi and DSi XL. Give it another year or two and then we see the 3DS.

I'll wait until they offer a model with more features for a lower prices before I consider buying one. Nintendo has a bad habit of doing this on a regular basis. At least Sony only made some minor tweaks to the PSP 1 throughout it's life.

Professional Zombie Killer SweetlyDemented's Avatar
    Definitely getting one. Not now, but hopefully for Xmas ;D
    C O S P L A Y _ L I S T _ C O M I N G _ E V E N T U A L L Y

Quote Originally Posted by Raishiroi View Post
    Nintendo pushes new versions of their handhelds out too fast for me to keep up with. I bought an original DS and within three months they already had the DS Lite out. Well about a year or two later they then come out with the DSi and DSi XL. Give it another year or two and then we see the 3DS.

I'll wait until they offer a model with more features for a lower prices before I consider buying one. Nintendo has a bad habit of doing this on a regular basis. At least Sony only made some minor tweaks to the PSP 1 throughout it's life.
    Yah that is my issue with them as well. I want a 3DS but nothing makes me need the system so I still have not bought it. Where I think it is nice tech the lose of battery life, lack of great titles, and price tag really turn me off.

IS THIS THE REALITY YOU WANTED?! minimoni96's Avatar
    i want one so badly! D:
    ~J-chan's Cosplay Plans for San Japan Mach 5~
    Sandplay Singing of the Dragon!Megurine Luka - VOCALOID
    Serah Farron - Final Fantasy XIII
    Aqua - Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
    Ukraine - Axis Powers Hetalia

Forever shall support SerahxSnow, MikuxLen, UkrainexCanada, and LukaxGakupo. <3

I wrote a review of the 3DS on my blog awhile back, gave it a 3 out of 5 because of the poor battery life and weak game lineup. It is a cool gadget, but its supposed to be a game player first! RANDOM REVIEW: Nintendo 3DS
    Eduardo "randomizer9" Soliz, Short Story Author
    randomizer9.com

I think the playstation vita will be better

Dunno if its poor sales or a desire to get a big install base in before the Vita drops, but the Big N announced a price drop to $169 effective Aug. 11. Read all about it!
    randomizer9.com

I saw that earlier today on Kotaku. It is funny because I just had a conversation with my mom the other day about the 3DS price (You can buy a Wii and a 360 for that much >_>) and how I would not even consider buying it at the price it is at right now. I will almost definitely pick one up after the price drop as long as I have the money to do so around that time which I should...

Vulch Princess extraordinaire~! Yuuto's Avatar
    I kinda want to get one, but the fact that it is not backwards compatible with gameboy advance games makes me not want it all the more.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuto View Post
    I kinda want to get one, but the fact that it is not backwards compatible with gameboy advance games makes me not want it all the more.
    Yeah, that ship sailed awhile back with the DSi...I may get a Game Boy Advance SP for GBA and GB gaming
    randomizer9.com

Vulch Princess extraordinaire~! Yuuto's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm gonna stick with my DS Lite and maybe get just a regular gameboy color (or get the emulator w/e)