Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Asian Drama?

Vulch Princess extraordinaire~! Yuuto's Avatar

Favorite Asian Drama?

What is/are your favorite Asian drama series?
    I personally love Nobuta wo Produce, Hana Kimi(Japanese ver.) and the Takumi-Kun series (it's a BL)

Which ones did you really not like?
    I didn't like Hana Kimi the Taiwanese version or The Devil Beside You, which was supposed to be the live-action version of the manga The Devil DOES Exist.
    Last edited by Yuuto; 02-01-2011 at 06:47 AM.

I have too many dramas that I love to only pick one >.>
    But I did love Devil Beside You, Hana-Kimi (Taiwanese Version), Mary Stayed Out All Night, Kimi Wa Petto, and Absolute Boyfriend ^^

High School Samurai was pretty funny, as was Mei-Chan no Shitsuji

=o I dunno, to me The Devil Beside You just seemed too different from the manga. And Kimi wa Petto was hilarious, I love that series (And it doesn't hurt that MatsuJun is in it too. XD )

yea, Kimi wa Petto is adorable and funny ^^ I love when he puts his "paw" in her hand and then rolls on the floor like a dog XD It's just adorable ^^

As for dramas I didn't like, I would say Meteor Shower/Garden (the Taiwanese version on Hana Yori Dango) It was good, but I'd never rewatch it >.<

lol I remember that! Doesn't he like say 'woof' too like the respond after thinking about the conditions he has to go by to stay. MatsuJun was perfect for that role and that series itself just makes you laugh and laugh. XD

It's hard to find series that are funny, but not like it is so stupid and lame that it is funny. Sometimes, its like they try to hard to be funny and they just fail totally and completely.

achieving awesomeness since day 1 alycan16's Avatar
    i liked devil beside you too, i really like hana yori dango japanese version

Arriety - 100% done
    Parasoul from Skullgirls- 100% done
    Usagi Tsukino- 100% done
    Princess Peach Masquerade 90% done

My favorite is Ichi Ritoru no Namida T_T. Other dramas I enjoyed: Kuitan was cool, Iryu 2, Gokusen, and Nodame Cantabile. I have seen 23 so far and I usually only watch dramas during the summer, anime the rest of the year.

I watched some of the first episode of Shomuni a couple years ago and it was just strange >_>.

I think Nobuta wo Produce was the first Asian Drama that I saw (besides Attic Cat, but I didn't finish it so it does not count).

Full House, MARS, and Coffee Prince.

My favorite series are... (I mostly like the funny ones!)

Boys Over Flowers (Korean and Japanese versions)
    Koizora (Very Sad TT ^ TT)
    Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi (The Wallflower Drama)
    Gokusen
    Otomen (The drama is really funny xD)

~2014 Cosplay~

Fox!Norway - (Hetalia)
    Finland - (Hetalia)
    Mikasa - (Attack on Titan)

MARS (Oh, man. I could watch it forever~), Hataraki Man, and Zettai Kareshi (I watched it primarily for Hiro Mizushima~ <3). I need to finish Mei-chan no Shitsuji (Mizushima AND Takeru Sato?! SOLD. <3) and Hotaru no Hikari. I also hear Liar Game is pretty good.

LIFE was pretty good. Gokusen was okay, but I never understood the hype and the need to make more seasons after the first one.
    Well. Dang.

SJ6
    Mordecai (Regular Show)

Quote Originally Posted by Rassilon View Post
    MARS (Oh, man. I could watch it forever~), Hataraki Man, and Zettai Kareshi (I watched it primarily for Hiro Mizushima~ <3). I need to finish Mei-chan no Shitsuji (Mizushima AND Takeru Sato?! SOLD. <3) and Hotaru no Hikari. I also hear Liar Game is pretty good.

LIFE was pretty good. Gokusen was okay, but I never understood the hype and the need to make more seasons after the first one.

oooh~ Mei-Chan no Shitsuji is really good!
    I totally recommend it ^^ The ending is not disappointing either, unlike a lot of dramas that end kinda bad >.>

Quote Originally Posted by dysistheawesome View Post
    oooh~ Mei-Chan no Shitsuji is really good!
    I totally recommend it ^^ The ending is not disappointing either, unlike a lot of dramas that end kinda bad >.>
    Then I will definitely watch the rest of the series!
    Well. Dang.

SJ6
    Mordecai (Regular Show)

Just finished a few more dramas, I'm definitely going to have to put 'Tumbling' and 'Samurai High School' on my list of favorites. Yangishita Tomo is so cute in both of those, but he plays such a small part in Samurai High School. >: He is one of my favorite actors. <3

Tumbling is really good, it has a lot of morals and life lessons in it, but it is still really funny. It's about men's rhythmic gymnastics, which turns out to be super cool and not what I expected at all. And it has Yamamoto Yuusuke as the main character (he plays a 'gangster', I still laugh every time I see he wearing those lame puffy looking pants. XD But he looks awesome with red hair, like a young Die from Diru.)

Samurai High School is so freaking funny, but it is full of life lessons and junk as well. It even has a little bit of history in it. It has Miura Haruma, Shirota Yu and Anne as a main characters. It really is a 'must-see' drama.

I finished watching Mary Stayed Out All Night, I am sad that it only has 16 episodes, but happy with the ending. It's cute, funny, and has you wondering who is she going to choose. Next, on my list is Mischievous Kiss, then I will look for another drama to watch.

Nakahara-san and Miura-san in one!~ Ito_Nakahara's Avatar
    Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge (Japanese Drama): this is my favorite one though you know it is like the manga yet they changed the nosebleeds to headbutts and such I still love Sunako!
    Vampyre Yandere cuteness, with a bit of Hentai and control issues *kyaaaaaa*

Recently, I finished watching Playful Kiss also known as Mischievous Kiss. I really enjoy watching this drama, even do it made me mad at times, especially at Baek Seung Jo and Oh Ha Ni. I'm glad that it ended happliy ever after. I recommend this drama to those who are fans of Kim Hyun Joong, SS501, and Boys Before Flowers. Now, I'm watching Romance Town.

IS THIS THE REALITY YOU WANTED?! minimoni96's Avatar
    takumi-kun is one of my personal favorites. BL ftw~ <3
    ~J-chan's Cosplay Plans for San Japan Mach 5~
    Sandplay Singing of the Dragon!Megurine Luka - VOCALOID
    Serah Farron - Final Fantasy XIII
    Aqua - Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
    Ukraine - Axis Powers Hetalia

Forever shall support SerahxSnow, MikuxLen, UkrainexCanada, and LukaxGakupo. <3

Oh snap, I have watched most of the Korean section on Mysoju, so here's a few reccomendations.
    C:

If you really love action-y type dramas
    Fugitive Plan B starring Rain is extremely good. :D
    Iris is extremely fascinating too! Maybe because I'm a huge fan of TOP? ;3

Just a general list that I've watched/or have been watching:
    Myung Wol the Spy - Nice plot line, great angle shots and cute romance. Han Se Yeul (who plays the main actress) is a very good actress. She's quirky, I think she's beautiful, and she's not like those usual main leads that act disturbingly cutesy. :D
    That and Eric and Lee Jin Wook make nice eye-candy.
    [B]
    Secret Garden: One of my favorite dramas of all time. I can re-watch and rewatch and never get tired. Hyun Bin is one of my favorite Korean actors and he played it off so well. :D That and who doesn't love a soul-swapping drama? Hyun Bin acting like a girl is just hilarious. Go watch it!
    49 Days: Through-out this drama, I could not stop crying. The ending just...urgh! I highly recommend this drama. Jung Ill Woo is an amazing "scheduler" ;]

I can go on and on, but since I need to get back to trying to get into Anime instead of watching Korean Variety Shows and MV's, I'll just list one more Korean Drama. :]

Dream High - Not only is there enough eye-candy to make a lot of girls (and guys) happy, (I MEAN COME ON, Taecyeon and Wooyoung from 2PM are in it, not to mention Soo Hyun is just FINE as well as the secret guest appearances throughout the show!) but the plot line, the acting, the way the story flows, and everything else inbetween pretty much makes this drama a Must Watch.

Don't make me pick one!!!

But if I had to pick, this is what I would pick:
    Japanese: Hana yori dango (boys over flowers)
    Korean: You're beautiful
    Taiwanese: Hi my sweet heart, I would say skip beat but it's not done.

Program Book Design Shinimegami's Avatar
    So far my favorites are Glass Mask and Nobuta wo Produce. Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon was also one of my favorites.
    "The road remains wide open while your dreams are alive. Only fear can block the way."
    SJ 1.5 - Music GR
    SJ 2.x - GR LT
    SJ :3 - GR LT
    SJ 4TW - Volunteer Suite Coordinator & Program Book Design
    SJ Mach 5 - Convention Mama & Program Book Design
    SJ Sinister 6 - Hotel Info Desk Coordinator & Program Book Design