Thread: How do you keep on a schedule during san-japan

How do you keep on a schedule during san-japan

Last year I printed out the schedule for san-japan. Highlighted what I wanted to go to each day but only went to three to four events each day . Does anybody have any tips that will help go to all the events I want to go to.

Professional Zombie Killer SweetlyDemented's Avatar
    Well... The way I organize myself is by making sure there's plenty of time between events so that you can arrive early at every event. (for example, if I wanted to go to an event that runs 12-1 and 1-2, then I'd most likely have to choose one or the other, since some events might run late/have too many people and fill up quickly).

Not sure if that helps any though. How come you didn't get to go to all of the events you wanted?
    C O S P L A Y _ L I S T _ C O M I N G _ E V E N T U A L L Y

Thanks for the tips n_n.........Part of it was at what time the event took place part of it was coming and going to the hotel some of it was because of my bf....he is not really into anime (except yu yu hakusho) but he insists on tagging along T.T Guess he's afraid that I might run off with an Edward Elric lol......any way I know there has to be a way to to got to more than four events without these three things getting in the way.

Time Lord Notorious KittyAnne7152's Avatar
    I make a spreadsheet with only the events I really want to go to on it, their times and exactly where there are. I also plan out blocks of time for wandering, food, and transit. That way I know ahead of time, and I can make decisions about what to miss in the case of a conflict before I even get to the con.
    Of course, I miss some of the events anyways, but if I want the info it's there.
    I am obsessed with my spreadsheets.

SJ Mach V, tentative ideas.
    Idris, the TARDIS- Doctor Who | Pip Bernadotte- Hellsing Ultimate |The Tenth Doctor- Doctor Who

What do you do when the next event you want to go to is 2-3 hours away.....that is when we tend to leave and come back but then we have to pay again for parking :P which kinda discourages us to come back twice or more in one day

Spreading The Laughter
    The past few times I've tried to stay on schedule, I only went to ones I could walk to and not be late for, or only went to the good panels or events, such as the dances (raves or whatever they call them now), the cosplay show, and some small panels. That way if I wanted to, I could take a short nap in my hotel room, grab a bite to eat with a few friends, or just chill for a while. Don't tire yourself out in one day, you won't have much energy for the next day. Use your time wisely. When I was pregnant I missed out on a lot of things because I was about 8 months pregnant. Trust me, I was tired just standing. XD
    ~Canis Baileyi Lupus~
    SJ4TW: Naruto Proposes To Sasuke During Fashion Show
    Cosplayer/Con Mom

RIP:
    Sabrina Jean Flores - May 20, 2009
    Nicole "Lilly Rainbow" Lalime - December 16, 2008
    Adrian "Deikitsen Wolfram Lupus" Manley - September 29, 2010

Thank you all for the tips they have been helpful if you have any more tips post them please.

Time Lord Notorious KittyAnne7152's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zenb View Post
    What do you do when the next event you want to go to is 2-3 hours away.....that is when we tend to leave and come back but then we have to pay again for parking :P which kinda discourages us to come back twice or more in one day
    I check out other stuff that isn't events, like video rooms, video game rooms, Dealer's Room, etc. Or I go eat. Usually I make sure I go to someplace within walking distance.

SJ Mach V, tentative ideas.
    Idris, the TARDIS- Doctor Who | Pip Bernadotte- Hellsing Ultimate |The Tenth Doctor- Doctor Who

Thanks I will do that.......I should catch a movie at the mall as well.

I was not able to do much besides work but I think the Andorid / Iphone app will be great for people. Info Desk will have a QR code for people to download it.

Quote Originally Posted by KittyAnne7152 View Post
    I check out other stuff that isn't events, like video rooms, video game rooms, Dealer's Room, etc. Or I go eat. Usually I make sure I go to someplace within walking distance.
    The convention will be attached to a mall with a HUGE food court and tons of shops to keep you busy between panels.

I write down every single thing I'm doing in the exact order. Such as what time I'm arriving, checking in, when panels are, when to do costume changes, when I eat, etc. I'm so glad I'm going to San-Japan on Thursday, get a huge load portion of stuff done before Friday.
    San-Japan 7
    Pete - South Park
    Kevin - Welcome to Desert Bluffs
    Miles Edgeworth - Ace Attorney
    Thorin Oakenshielf - The Hobbit

Quote Originally Posted by RedeadDie View Post
    I write down every single thing I'm doing in the exact order. Such as what time I'm arriving, checking in, when panels are, when to do costume changes, when I eat, etc. I'm so glad I'm going to San-Japan on Thursday, get a huge load portion of stuff done before Friday.
    Thanks! If I write them down they may seem more possible to do ^_^ All I did last year was print out the shedule and highlight what I wanted but when I got to the convention and didn't even stick to that :|

Quote Originally Posted by Eddo View Post
    I was not able to do much besides work but I think the Andorid / Iphone app will be great for people. Info Desk will have a QR code for people to download it.
    Thanks! I am hoping it will be very helpful

His Little White Kitten DezzyDiamond's Avatar
    I actually make my own schedule. I pick the events i like and make my own person schedule on exel to keep on track and put reminders on my phone or a friends phone ><
    I will be selling at Mizuumi-con and Guesting

Quote Originally Posted by DezzyDiamond View Post
    I actually make my own schedule. I pick the events i like and make my own person schedule on exel to keep on track and put reminders on my phone or a friends phone ><
    that's a pretty smart idea thank you dez