Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: TWABI present's The VIDEO GAME COSPLAY Contest!

  1. #1
    Chocobo Go! DugFinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Space City
    Posts
    13

    TWABI present's The VIDEO GAME COSPLAY Contest!

    TWABI Cosplay Productions Present's

    San Japan 4TW!
    VIDEO GAME COSPLAY Contest!


    The Basic Rules
    1. All Entries must be of Video Game Origins
    2. All Entries must maintain a PG rating!
    3. At least 50% of your outfit must be made or altered by the entrant to compete
    4. Reference materials are encouraged and are to be presented during Judging

    The Run Down
    1. Report to the Video Game Cosplay Contest Registration Table (TWABI Artist Alley Table)
    - Sign-up, get judged and have your photo taken
    2. Check back on Sat. after the Contest is over (around 2:30 pm) to see if you won
    - Winners will be contacted through txt message and phone call too
    3. If you are one of the winners, you will receive your Award on Stage during the Main Events Cosplay Contest Awards Ceremony!

    San Japan FTW! Cosplay Competition Awards!
    - God Tier FTW Award (1st place)
    - Uber Award (2nd place)
    - Pwnage Award (3rd place)
    - Noobie Award (4th place)
    - 1337 RP Award (Best Character Representation)
    - Tech Skillz Award (Best Craftsmanship)

    Tentative Schedule*
    Friday 1:00-6:00 pm
    Saturday 10:00-2:00 pm
    *This schedule may change! Check back before the con for confirmation



    Info about the Event
    The Video Game Cosplay Contest (VGCC) is brought to you by TWABI Cosplay Productionss.

    The VGCC will be held like a Hall Cosplay. It will be located at the TWABI Artist Alley Table. We will have TWABI Judges at the table to talk to the entrants and take their photo.

    At the end of the contest, all the winners are selected and will be notified via a txt message, a phone call and it will be posted at the TWABI table as well. The plan is to have the winners notified and gathered to announce their awards on stage during the Main Events Cosplay Contest Awards Ceremony.

    Photos and video footage of the the entrants and VGCC event will be put together in a video and uploaded to youtube. A link will be posted on the San Japan website and on the TWABI website.

  2. #2
    The Bald Voice From Above Proz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Texas, Ya'll
    Posts
    1,464
    A page has been added on the website: http://san-japan.org/v3/events/vgcc and links back to this thread.
    In Charge Of The Chaos

  3. #3
    Time Lord Notorious KittyAnne7152's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    7,598
    All I can say is BOO. YAH.
    I have a question though. I'd assume not, but could you sign up for both the main Cosplay Contest and the Video Game Cosplay contest and then if you happen to win an award in the Video Game contest, just drop out of the other contest (I guess that might be a question the Gear Project could have a better answer to, but I figured I'd ask here first)?
    Last edited by KittyAnne7152; 02-17-2011 at 03:46 PM.

    SJ Mach V, tentative ideas.
    Idris, the TARDIS- Doctor Who | Pip Bernadotte- Hellsing Ultimate |The Tenth Doctor- Doctor Who

  4. #4
    Chocobo Go! DugFinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Space City
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by KittyAnne7152 View Post
    All I can say is BOO. YAH.
    I have a question though. I'd assume not, but could you sign up for both the main Cosplay Contest and the Video Game Cosplay contest and then if you happen to win an award in the Video Game contest, just drop out of the other contest (I guess that might be a question the Gear Project could have a better answer to, but I figured I'd ask here first)?
    Well, as far as TWABI is concerned, we're groovy with you winning both the VGCC and the Main Events Cosplay Contest.
    But you should definitely ask the Gear Project because the final say so is with them.

  5. #5
    Dezzy's rabid badger ezio auditore da firenze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    san antonio, texas
    Posts
    663

    hmmm

    Quote Originally Posted by DugFinn View Post
    TWABI Cosplay Productions Present's

    San Japan 4TW!
    VIDEO GAME COSPLAY Contest!


    The Basic Rules
    1. All Entries must be of Video Game Origins
    2. All Entries must maintain a PG rating!
    3. At least 50% of your outfit must be made or altered by the entrant to compete
    4. Reference materials are encouraged and are to be presented during Judging

    The Run Down
    1. Report to the Video Game Cosplay Contest Registration Table (TWABI Artist Alley Table)
    - Sign-up, get judged and have your photo taken
    2. Check back on Sat. after the Contest is over (around 2:30 pm) to see if you won
    - Winners will be contacted through txt message and phone call too
    3. If you are one of the winners, you will receive your Award on Stage during the Main Events Cosplay Contest Awards Ceremony!

    San Japan FTW! Cosplay Competition Awards!
    - God Tier FTW Award (1st place)
    - Uber Award (2nd place)
    - Pwnage Award (3rd place)
    - Noobie Award (4th place)
    - 1337 RP Award (Best Character Representation)
    - Tech Skillz Award (Best Craftsmanship)

    Tentative Schedule*
    Friday 1:00-6:00 pm
    Saturday 10:00-2:00 pm
    *This schedule may change! Check back before the con for confirmation



    Info about the Event
    The Video Game Cosplay Contest (VGCC) is brought to you by TWABI Cosplay Productionss.

    The VGCC will be held like a Hall Cosplay. It will be located at the TWABI Artist Alley Table. We will have TWABI Judges at the table to talk to the entrants and take their photo.

    At the end of the contest, all the winners are selected and will be notified via a txt message, a phone call and it will be posted at the TWABI table as well. The plan is to have the winners notified and gathered to announce their awards on stage during the Main Events Cosplay Contest Awards Ceremony.

    Photos and video footage of the the entrants and VGCC event will be put together in a video and uploaded to youtube. A link will be posted on the San Japan website and on the TWABI website.
    when you say 50% must be made do you mean made by the actual individual, or just added on like accessories and such? reason i ask is because I am going as ezio auditore from assassin's creed 2 and it requires quite a few extra things.
    -When I said "deadly neurotoxin," the "deadly" was in massive sarcasm quotes. I could take a bath in this stuff. Put it on cereal, rub it right into my eyes... honestly, it's not deadly at all... to *me*. You, on the other hand, are going to find its deadliness... a lot less funny. - GlaDOS, Portal

    ezio auditore da firenze x dezzy diamond= dezzio??

  6. #6
    Chocobo Go! DugFinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Space City
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by ezio auditore da firenze View Post
    when you say 50% must be made do you mean made by the actual individual, or just added on like accessories and such? reason i ask is because I am going as ezio auditore from assassin's creed 2 and it requires quite a few extra things.
    Everything is explained here: http://san-japan.org/v3/events/cosplay-show
    Scroll down to where it talks about "Craftsmanship" and the 50% rule.

  7. #7
    Dezzy's rabid badger ezio auditore da firenze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    san antonio, texas
    Posts
    663
    ah okay, works for me.
    -When I said "deadly neurotoxin," the "deadly" was in massive sarcasm quotes. I could take a bath in this stuff. Put it on cereal, rub it right into my eyes... honestly, it's not deadly at all... to *me*. You, on the other hand, are going to find its deadliness... a lot less funny. - GlaDOS, Portal

    ezio auditore da firenze x dezzy diamond= dezzio??

  8. #8
    the nonbald events one. Jay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    I move around
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by KittyAnne7152 View Post
    All I can say is BOO. YAH.
    I have a question though. I'd assume not, but could you sign up for both the main Cosplay Contest and the Video Game Cosplay contest and then if you happen to win an award in the Video Game contest, just drop out of the other contest (I guess that might be a question the Gear Project could have a better answer to, but I figured I'd ask here first)?
    Here is the official Rule from Sj. Each costume can only be entered into one of the contest. This is to prevent sandbagging as Proz says and to encourage more competition. So your free to enter all the contest but each one needs to have a different costume.

  9. #9
    Time Lord Notorious KittyAnne7152's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    7,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Here is the official Rule from Sj. Each costume can only be entered into one of the contest. This is to prevent sandbagging as Proz says and to encourage more competition. So your free to enter all the contest but each one needs to have a different costume.
    Okay, cool beans.
    I was thinking that maybe it wouldn't be sandbagging, seeing as the since the video game contest ends before the regular contest, so if you won you would have a chance to drop out of the main contest, and if you didn't win you wouldn't be competing with a costume that has already won an award.
    Ah well, I suppose it doesn't matter. I have two video game costumes... I guess this means I get a chance to compete with Phoenix Wright after all! Now which to enter into what...

    SJ Mach V, tentative ideas.
    Idris, the TARDIS- Doctor Who | Pip Bernadotte- Hellsing Ultimate |The Tenth Doctor- Doctor Who

  10. #10
    ZOMBIE Panelist RedeadDie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    1,463
    Oh gawd, now I'm really torn between making King Varian from WoW for this contest or Rosiel for the main contest. *tears eyes out*
    San-Japan 7
    Pete - South Park
    Kevin - Welcome to Desert Bluffs
    Miles Edgeworth - Ace Attorney
    Thorin Oakenshielf - The Hobbit

  11. #11
    Chocobo Go! DugFinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Space City
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by RedeadDie View Post
    Oh gawd, now I'm really torn between making King Varian from WoW for this contest or Rosiel for the main contest. *tears eyes out*
    *shrugs* Make both outfits and enter into both contests. Both contests do not interfere with each other. Just make sure it's two separate costumes.

  12. #12
    Past 10 Posts
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    27
    sweet, this gives me a chance to make an Uzuki Yashiro cosplay!! I did read the craftsmanship rules and just want to make clear...would accessories (Uzuki's wings) and a top along with slight modifications to other pieces meet the 50% mark for this character?

  13. #13
    ZOMBIE Panelist RedeadDie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    1,463
    Ok ok! Figured out what I'm doing! I'm going to focus on a secret video game cosplay for this contest. If I happen to have time and money after I finish making it, I'll make my Rosiel cosplay for the main events cosplay.

    Just one question now, does it have to be a cosplay from Japanese based video game to enter or can it be a video game created in another country?
    San-Japan 7
    Pete - South Park
    Kevin - Welcome to Desert Bluffs
    Miles Edgeworth - Ace Attorney
    Thorin Oakenshielf - The Hobbit

  14. #14
    Chocobo Go! DugFinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Space City
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by RedeadDie View Post
    Does it have to be a cosplay from Japanese based video game to enter or can it be a video game created in another country?
    Country origins do not matter. Only video game origins matter.

  15. #15
    Chocobo Go! DugFinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Space City
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by MissPriss868 View Post
    Would accessories (Uzuki's wings) and a top along with slight modifications to other pieces meet the 50% mark for this character?
    Depends. Are 50% of the modifications and alterations made by you? If so, then yes it counts.

  16. #16
    Now with 200% more ban hammer! AkiThePRNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by MissPriss868 View Post
    sweet, this gives me a chance to make an Uzuki Yashiro cosplay!! I did read the craftsmanship rules and just want to make clear...would accessories (Uzuki's wings) and a top along with slight modifications to other pieces meet the 50% mark for this character?
    Two questions. How big are the wings? If they're just little shoulder blade-sized wings, you might wanna add more somewhere else. If they're a little bigger, you might be able to get away with it. Also, how much modification are you putting into the "other pieces"?
    Akiyama Kasugai
    Public Relations/Booking Agent - ninjaHELL! Productions: ninjahell.blogspot.com
    Come check out our panels: Ask ninjaHELL!, nH! Presents: Zardoz, nH! vs. The World
    We're also running this year's Scavenger Hunt again! Get your otaku hunt on Hell-Style!

    One-half of The Hentai Angels - San Japan's official go go dancing duo!

  17. #17
    Past 10 Posts
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by AkiThePRNinja View Post
    Two questions. How big are the wings? If they're just little shoulder blade-sized wings, you might wanna add more somewhere else. If they're a little bigger, you might be able to get away with it. Also, how much modification are you putting into the "other pieces"?
    The wings are going to be fairly large, big enough that they surround the back area. Also, I'll be making the top completely by hand and now (since i found the right black shorts ) just adding the lime green string to the corset piece. Hope that passes!

  18. #18
    Past 10 Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Corpus Christi TX
    Posts
    24
    Yeah! I think it is awesome you guys are hosting a cosplay contest1 But uhhh one quick question.

    Is this just for walk-ons or can we do skits to? Because my Devil May Cry group wants to do a skit.

  19. #19
    the nonbald events one. Jay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    I move around
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthezombie View Post
    Yeah! I think it is awesome you guys are hosting a cosplay contest1 But uhhh one quick question.

    Is this just for walk-ons or can we do skits to? Because my Devil May Cry group wants to do a skit.
    It is a Hall Cosplay Contest

  20. #20
    Chocobo Go! DugFinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Space City
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthezombie View Post
    Is this just for walk-ons or can we do skits to? Because my Devil May Cry group wants to do a skit.
    Like Jay said, it's a Hall Cosplay Contest only……. You won't get any extra points or anything, but we won't stop you from, say, busting out a skit in front of the TWABI Table for the lolz, heh (unless it blocks traffic, then it's a no-no), but otherwise, it's all in good fun!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •