Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Fitness for Cosplay

Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayboyBunny View Post
    Lol, the best thing to do is mix the protein powder WITH soy milk. Soy has protein, whey is pure protein, put the two together...
    I think you misunderstood me. I don't use soy milk. I use powdered soy protein. It's got much more protein than soy milk alone but doesn't have as much protein as whey.
    Give me names and I'll give you blood

Cosplays:
    .::. Altair .::. Mandalorian .::. Qunari .::.

San Antonio's Male Stripper ThePlayboyBunny's Avatar
    Well, I did misunderstand you, but that doesn't change that mixing soy milk with whey protein is an awesome idea. If you put them in a blender, you're not likely to really notice any difference.
    I'm an advice-giver, listener, and psychiatrist by day
    and a wild, party-starting, life-of-the-party male entertainer by night
    I exist to explain dreams
    And then I aim to fulfill them
    I am here to keep it classy
    And then I am here to party

True. True. Perhaps I'll try that when my soy protein runs out.

Cosplays:

Wow, I'm really impressed by all the motivation and enthusiasm here !
    You guys all seem to be doing fantastic ~ Good luck with all of your goals.

Hah, I just recently realized that I'd be showing my stomach for my MKR cosplay...
    Weight's not really my issue (I honestly want to gain muscle weight) but my stomach has recently seen a small buldge this past year and I I'd really like to get that flat again.
    I've begun cycling again but I'm pretty sure it's the sit-ups and crunches that are going to be helping me for my goal. No idea how many I should be doing per day though, so I gotta do some research in that department. For the past two weeks I've been doing around 55 every other day (they really don't take long at all). If you guys have any tips or advice then I'd really appreciate it. (:
    San Japan 7 Cosplay Line-Up:
    Ultimate Madoka: Puella Magi Madoka Magica | Custom Character: Final Fantasy XIV | Female Type Titan: Attack on Titan | Abel: Starfighter

Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Hah, I just recently realized that I'd be showing my stomach for my MKR cosplay...
    Weight's not really my issue (I honestly want to gain muscle weight) but my stomach has recently seen a small buldge this past year and I I'd really like to get that flat again.
    I've begun cycling again but I'm pretty sure it's the sit-ups and crunches that are going to be helping me for my goal. No idea how many I should be doing per day though, so I gotta do some research in that department. For the past two weeks I've been doing around 55 every other day (they really don't take long at all). If you guys have any tips or advice then I'd really appreciate it. (:
    From my years of running, yoga, sports, etc, one of the things that really help tighten your abs are planks (explination of what it is can be googled) because those are tense even for 1 minute. But core workouts may not help lose the fluff around the middle. Cardio workouts burn fat, and thats gunna be more beneficial. Also eating correct portion sizes and carbs on running or intense biking days.
    crazy things have happened and were still here....
    SJ 7:Cana (Fairytail)= 100%
    Daphne (scooby-doo)= 100%
    Penny(Big Bang Theory)=100%
    Arrietty(Secret Life of Arrietty)=85%
    Katara (Avatar the Last Airbender)= 100%

His Little White Kitten DezzyDiamond's Avatar
    Whats good for toning your butt and slimming your thighs and stomach
    I will be selling at Mizuumi-con and Guesting

Cardio to "flatten" and do away with fat. And then exercises that target those specific areas in order to tone (I would recommend planks, various crunches, lunges, and a few leg lifts). A healthy diet also helps too ;]
    Last edited by altair; 06-19-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Cosplays:

Quote Originally Posted by DezzyDiamond View Post
    Whats good for toning your butt and slimming your thighs and stomach
    Some quick searches found some good stuffs:

Butt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq1HnakX5C8
    Thighs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW8Fj_Kw4ck and http://www.weightloss-hq.biz/exercis...s-for-you.html
    Stomach: Honestly, crunches are amazing

Also, all 3 of these are helped by cardio. I have always, and will always, stand by DDR as the #1 cardio workout, so if you have (pretty much) any video game console, see if Game Stop has any cheap used copies of a game, get a flimsy DDR pad and you're good to go!

Needs More Minions gothlibrarian's Avatar
    Yoga is really good for tightening up many areas. The plank......ooohhhh.....the plank. That's a killer!
    Cosplays for SJ 8
    Don't know yet. :/
    I really want to do the Folktales panel again because it was well attended and I plan on making it even better!
    I'm a 14 year old girl trapped in the body of a forty-something year old librarian.

I'm 5'3.5 ewe;; I know i'm short XAX and i weigh a little more than most people my age....(I'm 120 if anyone cares) I don't think i need to lose any weight for my cosplay, but i know i still need to get a little more active y'know? So as i work on that in these last 4-5 weeks, i wish everyone the best of luck with their cosplays, and i hope we can all reach our goals~
    Current Cosplays (for SJ7)

Dead Master (BRS) - 100% (Finished)
    Ruby Rose (RWBY) - 65%
    White/Touko/Hilda - Pokemon B/W - 75%

Everyone here has inspired the panel/gathering that will be at San-Japan this year. Fitness for Cosplay panel. Thank you everyone for supporting each other, giving tips, and sharing their own drive to get fit for cosplay.
    San-Japan 7
    Pete - South Park
    Kevin - Welcome to Desert Bluffs
    Miles Edgeworth - Ace Attorney
    Thorin Oakenshielf - The Hobbit

I'm totally going to that panel

Cosplays:

So...anybody have anything new to report over these past 2 weeks?

Since returning from UNT where I had a meal plan and ate 3 to 4 times every day, I've managed to starve myself out of 12 pounds (I only ever eat 2 times these days, and if I ever eat more, it's always something small). Normally I wouldn't be proud of that, but it's helpful, especially since I know that weight loss is from just existing lol.

Now that I'm back on my workout regimen with school being over n all, I'm looking forward to regaining some weight in musk lee.

So, yeah. Anybody else? SJ is less than 2 weeks away

I, too had to do a portion control/ starvation thing. I'm not proud of it, but the weight was just not coming off. I'm finally down to my pre-tour weight of 118. I was 126 on tour. Not freakish, but I"m short, so it showed. IF I can knock it down to 116 by SJ, I'll be golden.

I will never understand how that works ><

I didn't intentionally starve, rather, when I was at college I had access to a buffet, 7 days a week. Now that I'm home and without a job, I only ever eat 2-3 times a day, but it's always something small, and likely rather healthy. So, yeah, it's a change of pace from having access to free food all day long.

Just curious, but how tall are you? I know many girls that are 5 feet or shorter weighing around 130 or so and they look fantastic.

It can really depend on the bone structure as well xD I'm 4'10" and 135 lbs so any and all fat that I have can show and not on 'OKAY' places like my breast-eses :P
    I haven't weighed myself in a while but I'm pretty sure that it's still the same lol

Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayboyBunny View Post
    I will never understand how that works ><

I didn't intentionally starve, rather, when I was at college I had access to a buffet, 7 days a week. Now that I'm home and without a job, I only ever eat 2-3 times a day, but it's always something small, and likely rather healthy. So, yeah, it's a change of pace from having access to free food all day long.

Just curious, but how tall are you? I know many girls that are 5 feet or shorter weighing around 130 or so and they look fantastic.
    5'3", and my bone structure is tiny, minus the "child bearing hips". Really, any kind of weight gain is very quickly evident, especially in my face. If you were to go through my modeling career, you can tell when I get/got heavy.

I have no real reference having never seen you, but 5 foot 3 and 126 is height-weight proportional. My girlfriend is 4 foot 10 and weighs about 115 and looks fantastic, so you being 5 inches taller than her and approaching the same weight just sounds so skinny :O