Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cosplay Drama

Yeah, it's happened to a lot of people I know. I've had this happen to myself a couple of times. We basically discussed get to know the person behind the cosplay not the character before developing a relationship.
    San-Japan 6
    Cecil - Welcome to Night Vale
    Kevin - Welcome to Desert Bluffs
    Miles Edgeworth - Ace Attorney
    Rainbow Dash-hole - MLP .MOV
    Death & Jo Harvelle - Supernatural
    Louis Despatis - Honor Amongst Thieves

Wow...
    Do you think you'll be doing the panel next year?

I think I will. Next time, I'll try not to almost choke up. I confessed about myself being an elitist in the past and even talked about past relationships I had in the cosplay world.

I should have the first half of this panel posted up on youtube soon. The second half was turned off because it was for personal mediation for those who needed someone to talk with.
    San-Japan 6

I really loved this panel. But maybe for next time a few suggestions.

When putting up the sign for it have a brief description. I think a lot of the people that were getting up and leaving during the beginning of the panel, just didn't know what it was about. When "Cosplay" is in the title, I'm sure most people are going to think it's some manner of comedy or skit show. I think they just didn't know that it dealt with serious emotional issues. Maybe they overlooked it in the program? I just heard a lot of people in line saying, "What is this about?"

I would love it if you could add another hour/30 mins for people to discuss and open up. Maybe instead, depending on the size of people in the audience, we can sit in a circle, facing each other. I think it would help people feel more comfortable and ready to open up to mediation later. I got a few stories I'd like to share that I think might help.

I was glad I was able to finally get a few things off my chest with you, Redeadie. And I was also glad that I got to help someone in the audience that needed someone to talk too just like you were doing with those others that showed up. I know I wasn't an assigned mediatior that you brought. We were just talking to pass the time. I was glad that girl opened up and allowed me to offer a few kind words to help her.

I like Comedy panels, but this one I think is really really needed.

I agree with Chr bout needin this panel. I enjoyed very much bein an ear for someone who needed to talk to someone. It took me by surprise about the gropin dicussed in the beginning with people. I can't believe people were actually doin that. But I think the panel went great overall.
    crazy things have happened and were still here....
    SJ 7:Cana (Fairytail)= 100%
    Daphne (scooby-doo)= 100%
    Penny(Big Bang Theory)=100%
    Arrietty(Secret Life of Arrietty)=85%
    Katara (Avatar the Last Airbender)= 100%

This was the first panel, so many things were tested first. Yes, I'm taking back all feedback and suggestions and working to twink this panel better.
    San-Japan 6

I'm adding a few new ideas/information I don't believe was went over. Especially cosplay drama was happened this con that didn't get covered.
    San-Japan 6