Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your First Cosplay: We Know they Existed

I Know Post
    U make good miroku cosplayer...did u get slapped?Lolz
    REMAKE HOENN!!

Sadly, I haven't had a chance to cosplay yet.. but who knows what this next SJ will bring?
    San Japan Main Gopher and Karaoke Coordinator
    "If something happens, I get blamed."

Check out my Work! Come, buy things!
    --> SelectionsX <--

I Know Post
    my first (never finished) was ichigo *bleach* after i spent somewhere close to 45 hours remaking his shikai i think 3 times, i got frustrated due to engineering instincts for not making it perfect. for some reason i still have trouble with this cause my last somewhat finished costume, 25 yr Lambo *Reborn* i made the horns 3 times till i stayed with(ran out of time) re attachable clay horns that im going to use for a vacuum mold and some 1/4" plexi to get the same effect but drop the weight down from 3 lbs total to 1/4 total or better. Those things did not agree with the migraine i got. Oh and the boots i made i used the wrong size last so i need to cut the souls out and re-sew and take in the bottom before gluing it back together
    Btw there have been 6 costumes ive helped friends make over the years but never my own cause i was too nit-picky.

My first cosplay was (and still is seeing that I started this cosplay business just last year) Yoite from Nabari no Ou. Not a very popular manga/anime, but it is always amusing to see the reaction of people who know the series.

Then I kind of jumped to Ciel Phantomhive, which hopefully I can get it finished by SJ4TW...

Vulch Princess extraordinaire~! Yuuto's Avatar
    My first cosplay was Coo Erhard from Di Gi Charat about 6 or 7 years ago. Looking back it was really hideous. XD I can't believe that I actually wore it. I had made the hat and the tail out of some fleece that I had left over, it was hand sown and incredibly lumpy and silly looking. I used a belt my sister had as his collar and I couldn't find any scrubs or medical clothing like the one he wore so I wore just a plain white short-sleeve medical shirt (not scrubs). I think the only thing I really liked were the orange and white arm warmer sleeves that I made from a soccer jersey I found at the thrift store.

Silver Tsunami Cosplay Co-President AppleDavies's Avatar
    My first cosplay was this past november. I went as Tamaki Suoh and I was really proud of it. :] There was a point where I ran and glomped my Haruhi. We rolled and she ended on top of me.

76117_123583651036230_100001537877490_151427_3236449_n.jpg

Evidence. <3

---THIS ACCOUNT IS RETIRED--- Blitzkrieg's Avatar
    Captain Aizen Sosuke (on the left)

Yea......

SAN JAPAN MACH 5 COSPLAYS:
    Toki Wartooth - Metalocalypse
    Scarecrow/Dr. Crane (Batman Begins version) - Batman
    Female Mayor Buckman - 2001 Maniacs: Field of Screams

haha, here was my first cosplay, Dejiko from Di Gi Charat 8u8
    really though, this is the updated version, since my grandma helped me make the dress for halloween 2007 o: but it looked like craaaap then xD I don't think I have pictures
    (I really hate how my face looks in this picture OTL sorry it's so big )

Wow, for first cosplays a lot of you did really good!
    San-Japan 7
    Pete - South Park
    Kevin - Welcome to Desert Bluffs
    Miles Edgeworth - Ace Attorney
    Thorin Oakenshielf - The Hobbit

Haha some of these i've seen before. Mine was Sailor Moon when I was like 6. XD I loved that show and we had one of those "dress as your fav superhero" and I LOVED sailor moon so I made EVERYTHING except ya know, the shirt, skirt, shoes out of paper. XD It was awesome. had my hair in pigtails too since I had her hair color.
    Last edited by AnastasiaVon; 06-17-2011 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Saw older photos of myself I randomly found

achieving awesomeness since day 1 alycan16's Avatar
    my first cosplay was haruhi suzamiya

Arriety - 100% done
    Parasoul from Skullgirls- 100% done
    Usagi Tsukino- 100% done
    Princess Peach Masquerade 90% done

My first cosplay was MechaZawa from Cromartie Highschool.. If i can find the picture... i will post it! ^_^

Ha, here's my first cosplay!!! KATAMARI DAMACY MISAO SOUP!!!!!!!!!! Lol, I've never played the game before either xDDD

Cosplays

Friday: Rainbow Dash in a kimono (no wings)
    Saturday: Goth Rainbow Dash
    Sunday: Rave Rainbow Dash

Quote Originally Posted by Tesu View Post
    mmm, of coarse, if ya read my post on the survey by Yuuto

"3. What do you think makes a person a cosplayer?
    ATTITUDE!"

That I can act so freely is why I like cosplaying Miroku, vs some one like Gaara of L per say.

That said, i'm hoping to have my Stien cosplay finished and then be actively looking for test subjects, err volunteers lol at the various conventions. Unless I decide to go as Spirit(Daddy loves you MAKKA!) lol
    If you go as Stein ill have a glomp buddy! >:3 Im going as Medusa for my first cosplay <3
    WWW.OKAMIFOXX.DEVIANTART.COM

San Japan 6 Cosplay List:
    GrandHighBoob-Homestuck
    Will of Abyss/Lacie-Pandora Hearts [WIP]
    GLaDOS: REdux- Portal

Quote Originally Posted by AppleDavies View Post
    My first cosplay was this past november. I went as Tamaki Suoh and I was really proud of it. :] There was a point where I ran and glomped my Haruhi. We rolled and she ended on top of me.

76117_123583651036230_100001537877490_151427_3236449_n.jpg

Evidence. <3
    Lol hey I sooo took that pic apple! and dt even go there your tamaki is awesome and you know it :

Soo did my first cosplay with my best friend this past year at A-kon 21. We did female versions of Sanji (me) and Zoro (her) from One Piece. It was fun but the only people who recognized us were other one piece cosplayers lol. But it was a really fun first try

Photo proof lol!

cosplay.JPG

My first was Nozomu Itoshiki from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. I got the kimono commissioned and dyed my hair. I thought that no one would recognize me since I thought that it wasn't that well known of an anime, but a lot of people did recognize me, so it was awesome ^^

We stopped in the street to catch me doing a pose, my face is totally not in despair XP

One-trick Pony Cosplayer IsaxxSaix's Avatar
    ahh... First cosplay? I'd have to say Misty from Pokemon. I didn't look ANYTHING like her, but I was five and wanted to dress like her XDDD But i'd have to say my VERY first cosplay was one of the josie cats when i was 8 XD I have no pictures of either cosplays :3

IS THIS THE REALITY YOU WANTED?! minimoni96's Avatar
    my first cosplay was hatsune miku from vocaloid. i don't have pics of me in the actual cosplay, but i do have some pics of me from february in her wig.

My first and usual is aladdin from Disney's aladdin/Kingdom Hearts cosplay.