Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your First Cosplay: We Know they Existed

Graphic Designer/Photographer ClearBlueSky's Avatar
    My first cosplay was supposed to be Itachi from naruto, but I never got the wig, so i just ran around in an akatsuki uniform that I made with help from my school's drama teacher. Unfortunately, I never took any photos. xD
    Go here--->flickr
    and here:
    Deviant Art

Oni-con, 2005. My very first cosplay was Hitsugaya Toushiro from Bleach. Many things were wrong with it, such as me being too tall, hair too short, wrong pattern on the haori, and sword too small. People made that very loud and clear to me that day. >_<

I made sure I destroyed every piece of evidence of me in that cosplay, but my best friend still has a pic or two of me in it somewhere. :P

As embarrassing as that cosplay is to me today, I admit I wouldn't be where I'm at without it.
    My Cosplay.com Profile

Possible Cosplays for SJ 6:
    Friday & Saturday: Eren Jaeger - Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan

if a pic exist i do not have one but my first cosplay was Leorio from hunter x hunter at Ushicon 4?

my first cosplay was Sakura Kinomoto, the kitty costume... it sucked XD The back was really detailed and nice, but the dress didnt go out far enough and it was to long, plus when I got my hair cut for it, they did it COMPLETLY wrong, and I didnt have time to buy a wig. oh and it was the wrong shade of pink, and I wore the wrong shoes... I was like 8, ok? lol... oh and I also didnt have time to finish making the staff thing... I'm pretty sure my mom has pics, but idk where they are... probably for the better :P At least the tail and ears were really good tho ^-^

M-my first cosplay? ._.
    My first cosplay, huh.... I...

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/c...t=VID00002.mp4

HOLY GOD, I WAS SUCH A DORK IN 08. FML. Just. F... m...l.
    "Upon watching the Feel Good Inc. video for the 80th time, I finally realized that 2-D and Murdoc are preforming in the midst of what seems to be a gigantic pile of hookers."

My first "cosplay" was Mello from Death Note, way back in days de la weeb (about 5 years ago in middle school)-- everything was store bought except for my rosary which I had made myself, and my best friend (the Matt) and I didn't wear wigs, we used our real hair and dyed and cut it to look like them... oh man. I wish I could say it looked bad but to be quite honest we actually looked pretty good!
    Friday: Tomoe Mami - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
    Saturday: Beatrice - Umineko no Naku Koro ni
    Sunday: ??? (queen de la faguar aka my \*~beautiful~*/ self ;^))

Insert Awesome line here merus322's Avatar

My first cosplay eh?

Mine was fun it was last year at San Japan 3 and it was my first con in general,i had been Shana from Shakugan no Shana.I was in cosplay chess and a picture of me one day was on the San Japan pictures.I consider it a success for i was told by many that i looked a lot like her.Now it's about to be my 4th Con and I'm going as Maka Albarn from Soul eater,I can't wait!!

What was my old username...? Opalgaze's Avatar
    Oh gosh, my first was Temari from Naruto XD That was a few years ago. I still have the giant fan I used as a prop though.
    San Japan 4TW
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
    Friday: Matryoshka!Rin - Vocaloid
    Saturday : Yamask Gijinka - Pokemon
    Sunday: ???
    {Maybe the return of} Daniel - Amnesia the Dark Descent
    {Maybe} Nekozawa -OHSHC

It was a pretty awesome Mario, and my brothers cosplayed Luigi (they switched off). I guess I was the only one awesome enough for Mario.

CudaŽ
    HAHA I suppose my "first" was never fully completed, but my first one I dedicated myself to completeing is my Gin-San and I really love to wear it. I can't retire it, ever!

Insert Awesome line here merus322's Avatar
    . . .*shiver* i remember mine,A little TOO well in my opinion.I was 11,and it was rushed and done within 3 days (i went as Shana from Shakugan no Shana) The outfit/uniform i found,but it was too small and I had cut it in order to make it so the skirt would fit (again no time for actual alters) and when we were getting the wig done,we decided to buy a silver one and paint it. . .*shudders* it was bad.I-i-it looked like a racoons nest,and was really puffy and the paint wore off on my face and neck.Luckily,my hair at the time was EXACTLY the same style/color as another character,thus i walked around like that.THE ONE GOOD THING THAT HAPPENED at that con,was the stands,within 30minutes,we came across a wig stall with a wig that was perfect for it.So,by limiting my budget,i was able to buy it,and didn't hhave to worry about it,i enjoyed the con.

SADLY,the costume got red juice spilled on it the day back and was never the same,and i don't have pictures of it,but on youtube,they have a vid for game 2 of SanJapan :3's cosplay chess,and though it's sucky,i was in it.

@Tesu: XD I frequently cosplay as Maka Albarn and may do so for San Japan 5,if you need anything photoshoot-wise or something of the like,please let me know
    ~A new con, a new schedule~
    Upcoming cons/SJ7 Cosplays~!
    Other upcoming cons: Anime Matsuri (Possibly) and SJ7
    Cosplays: (TBA)

I just did my first actual cosplay at Mizuumi con last month. I was Minato Arisato (protagonist) from Persona 3. I spent weeks learning how to "paint" my face from other cosplayers and studying photos on cosplay.com. Wish i took more photos but this was the only one that made it. Lost my armband in the parking lot

IMAG00032.jpg

San Antonio's Male Stripper ThePlayboyBunny's Avatar
    Hmm...I was 16, it was O-Conn, and I was cosplaying as RE4 Leon Kennedy. Didn't turn out too bad honestly, and I had no shame in wrapping belts around myself
    I'm an advice-giver, listener, and psychiatrist by day
    and a wild, party-starting, life-of-the-party male entertainer by night
    I exist to explain dreams
    And then I aim to fulfill them
    I am here to keep it classy
    And then I am here to party

Moar Coffee!!!
    My first cosplay, and first con in general, was San Japan 4TW, and I went as Indiana Jones. Only one there as him, so if you saw me, you saw me, if not, sorry, no pictures were taken...
    Looks through his scope,
    Aims for your head,
    You scream that you can't see.
    Fear the man in the brush.

Check out my gallery here. << Sailor Mars is my first and favorite!

HA HA HA! My first cosplay was Seung Mina from Soul Calibur II. It was last minute and completely hot glued together! That was about four years ago. ^_^

Here's a pic! http://i.imgur.com/34AIu.jpg

Stressed Cosplayer Serenenighingale's Avatar
    I was a random girl in an Ouran High School Host Club girl's uniform. XD I loved that dress. Turned out pretty good. ^w^
    Cosplay rules. 009.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sinister Six:
    Riza Hawkeye: Fullmetal Alchemist
    Germany: Hetalia
    Oreba Yun Fang: Final Fantasy XII
    Keep up with my cosplay updates HERE. ^w^

Meh-
    My first one was Izaya, and my only one atm( i just started this month XD)
    SJ6 cosplays:
    DoubleD (Ed Edd n Eddy)
    Sasuke (Konoha High ver.)
    Kurt(Glee)

Paperwork? What paperwork? GrellSlutcliff's Avatar
    Deathbysuffocation cropped.jpg 100704-162912.jpg

Deidara from Naruto was my first cosplay.
    My only major malfunction was that the double zipper on my Akatsuki cloak busted so I ended up tying it around my waist and it looked decent. The only thing I'd improve would be the eyescope, which ended up being too bulky.
    Tonight's trip to the ER is brought to you by chainsaw jousting.

I'm either in Gaia's Library or in Shiba Mansion...
    Oh god... I kinda have two "first costumes" I say this because one I bought as a whole "normal" outfit and the other I kinda threw together real cheep in about a week's time. Both of these costumes were worn at my first convention of Ushicon 4 in 2005.

The "normal" outfit ish based costume was my Meiran Long/Chang from Gundam Wing: Episode Zero. I only wore that costume once, I still have the outfit thought (even though my cousin probably fits into it better than I do, who - by the way - did the same costume later that year at another convention).

The "thrown together" one was Wufei Chang of Gundam Wing. I mean literally it was pretty much thrown together in about a week's worth of time... The longest part to it was making wristguards (which were crocheted). The last thing for the costume was the bokken that I bought at the convention on the last day.

Luckily, very few pictures survive of my first two costumes. To be honest I probably have all of the photos that exist of those cosplays.
    San Japan Samurai 7 Cosplays:
    Team Satisfaction Yusei Fudo
    KH BBS Aqua
    Just Awakened Jack Frost