3-4 sounds like a good time.
    Cosplay List for SJ6:
    Fem!Bilbo- The Hobbit
    Fem!Ash- Evil Dead Series

Tumblr:http://so-do-you-fondue-mister-stark.tumblr.com

Lets Be Friends Luna-Starbright's Avatar
    Sweet! 3-4 on Friday it is

Where do we want to meet up?
    Lobby downstairs near the concierge desk and Starbucks?
    Known as Red Fem!Heavy and Red Demoman~

San Japan Mach 5
    -Vinyl Scratch
    -Gala Pinkie Pie
    -Boy Skylark
    -Tavros Nitram

Night Vale Community Radio Intern Wheels's Avatar
    So my notification system totally failed and didn't tell me there were new posts to this thread! Luna, your Demo-in-progress looks sweet. Can't wait to see the finished product. I just finished making tweaks to my Engie shirt and got my overalls in on Monday, but they need a bit of a wash (the pits and pratfalls of buying pre-owned). I'm still on the hunt for a proper Nerf gun and gloves. Oh, and shoes. I found a pair of Buster Brown boots in a size 12 (small size; I have really tiny feet), but they were too small! XD

Say, I've been trying to hunt around but I can't find a good tutorial anywhere, but does anyone possibly have experience with building the Engineer's PDA tools? I'm thinking I'm gonna make them out of wood and computer keys (for the Build tool) but I was hoping to maybe get some tips on that. Also...anyone have experience with wrench-building? Kind of want to do the basic one, but I'm not sure what kind of material to use.

ETA: Also, I'd be down with doing a meetup on Friday and a photoshoot whichever day works best. Still trying to determine when I'll wear what (or if I'll wear two on one day), so arranging this will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    So my notification system totally failed and didn't tell me there were new posts to this thread! Luna, your Demo-in-progress looks sweet. Can't wait to see the finished product. I just finished making tweaks to my Engie shirt and got my overalls in on Monday, but they need a bit of a wash (the pits and pratfalls of buying pre-owned). I'm still on the hunt for a proper Nerf gun and gloves. Oh, and shoes. I found a pair of Buster Brown boots in a size 12 (small size; I have really tiny feet), but they were too small! XD

Say, I've been trying to hunt around but I can't find a good tutorial anywhere, but does anyone possibly have experience with building the Engineer's PDA tools? I'm thinking I'm gonna make them out of wood and computer keys (for the Build tool) but I was hoping to maybe get some tips on that. Also...anyone have experience with wrench-building? Kind of want to do the basic one, but I'm not sure what kind of material to use.

ETA: Also, I'd be down with doing a meetup on Friday and a photoshoot whichever day works best. Still trying to determine when I'll wear what (or if I'll wear two on one day), so arranging this will help.
    When I first was cosplaying Engineer, I just used an old scientific calculator :B
    As for the wrench...Use insulation foam (It comes in pink or blue sheets at about 9' x 5'). Make a stencil of the shape, cut out multiples, glue them together, sand them to desired shape. You can then cover it with...I would try wood spackle...but there's probably a better material. Then paint. And if you want, glaze / cover it with polyurethane or even a glue to make it shiny.

Also, Friday 3-4 is the day for the meet-up / photoshoot I think.
    If anyone wants to do a smaller photoshoot with me, let me know. I want to get some good photos of myself

San Japan Mach 5
    -Vinyl Scratch
    -Gala Pinkie Pie
    -Boy Skylark
    -Tavros Nitram

Semi-Regular objectionallygeeky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna-Starbright View Post
    Sweet! 3-4 on Friday it is

Where do we want to meet up?
    Lobby downstairs near the concierge desk and Starbucks?
    The lobby sounds like a good place.
    I need to start getting my stuff together for the Scout. (wants to make an intel case lol)

If anyone wants to do a smaller photoshoot with me, let me know. I want to get some good photos of myself
    I would like to do a smaller photoshoot.
    Cosplay List for SJ6:
    Fem!Bilbo- The Hobbit

When I first was cosplaying Engineer, I just used an old scientific calculator :B
    As for the wrench...Use insulation foam (It comes in pink or blue sheets at about 9' x 5'). Make a stencil of the shape, cut out multiples, glue them together, sand them to desired shape. You can then cover it with...I would try wood spackle...but there's probably a better material. Then paint. And if you want, glaze / cover it with polyurethane or even a glue to make it shiny.

I'll have my camera with me, so if that's something you're interested in, we could probably work something out. And I'll check into the insulation foam! Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by Yulcera View Post
    AKJHKASJC-
    ...Please do, so that I may harass you with my camera.
    No, but in all seriousness that'll be really cool if you decide to do it. And hell yeah RED intel. Keep hold of that.
    I really want to, it just depends on if there is enough room in the car for it. It's kinda bulky. More than likely I'll bring it with me and just have it on my lap during the drive up.

Friday 3-4 sounds great. I can just be Scout all day friday.

Semi-Regular objectionallygeeky's Avatar
    Is thinking of possibly doing a Sniper cosplay also. Anyone know where I could find a good vest for him or some help on how to make it?

Also thinking of maybe making a intel case.
    Cosplay List for SJ6:
    Fem!Bilbo- The Hobbit

Tasty Artwork PeanutButterSculpture's Avatar
    I'll be showing up as a RED FemMedic on Friday.

Is the location for the meetup determined yet? I know it's 3-4 Friday afternoon, but where is it going to be held?
    The only difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has a limit. ~Albert Einstein

I think the meeting place will be near the Starbucks in the lobby of the hotel.
    You'll be there with me, so we should be able to find everyone

San Japan Mach 5
    -Vinyl Scratch
    -Gala Pinkie Pie
    -Boy Skylark
    -Tavros Nitram

Super High School Level: Potato Yulcera's Avatar
    And I'll be there with my camera, clicking away.
    Can't wait to see you guys~
    San Japan Sinister Six Cosplay:
    Thursday: John Egbert - Homestuck
    Friday: Kirigiri Kyouko - Dangan Ronpa and Fancy Dreamer!Jane - Homestuck
    Saturday: djinn!Kougyoko Ren - Magi
    Sunday: Aomine Daiki - Kuroko no Basket

Hey guys...
    I just wanted to clear something up because I'm uncertain.

There's a thread under cosplay photoshoots, and it said that there was a photoshoot for TF2 on Sunday, but didn't have a time...

Are we not doing photoshoots during our meet-up? > >
    I thought that was what normally happens at a meet-up is photos are taken? xD

If someone could clear this up for me, that would be great

San Japan Mach 5
    -Vinyl Scratch
    -Gala Pinkie Pie
    -Boy Skylark
    -Tavros Nitram

Super High School Level: Potato Yulcera's Avatar
    Actually, TF2 is under the no time, date, or location section, not under sunday. I'll go and post that the meet is Friday at 3pm near the Starbucks in the Lobby.

And yeah, meetups generally include the photoshoot and/or mean the same thing.
    San Japan Sinister Six Cosplay:
    Thursday: John Egbert - Homestuck
    Friday: Kirigiri Kyouko - Dangan Ronpa and Fancy Dreamer!Jane - Homestuck
    Saturday: djinn!Kougyoko Ren - Magi
    Sunday: Aomine Daiki - Kuroko no Basket

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterSculpture View Post
    I'll be showing up as a RED FemMedic on Friday.
    I eagerly look forward to seeing this. Both the Medic and Engineer are my favorite characters/favorite to play, and if I wasn't close to broke, I'd probably have thrown together his outfit from "Meet the Medic", either for all day or just the masquerade ball.

Slowly but surely, my outfit is finally coming together. I'm a little worried about boots, but I think I may just steal my dad's and stuff them so they'll fit properly. Just depends on how the overalls fit at their new length. Still need to make the toolbox to fit over the battery house on the back of my chair... Also, balaclavas are hard to find. /o\ Any experiences Spies around to offer advice on how to swiftly make one that looks decent?

lower case, lower case everywhere tentacrab's Avatar
    oh goodness, i'm glad i bothered to check the forums~ i'll be cosplaying a RED soldier with the brain bucket and the disciplinary action, for the whole weekend most likely. i'll try to attend the photoshoot~

Quote Originally Posted by tentacrab View Post
    oh goodness, i'm glad i bothered to check the forums~ i'll be cosplaying a RED soldier with the brain bucket and the disciplinary action, for the whole weekend most likely. i'll try to attend the photoshoot~
    OMG PLEASE DO!
    FEM!DEMO WANTS TO HANG OUT WITH YOU!
    ...damn rhyming...

San Japan Mach 5
    -Vinyl Scratch
    -Gala Pinkie Pie
    -Boy Skylark
    -Tavros Nitram

Tasty Artwork PeanutButterSculpture's Avatar
    FEM!MEDIC TOO!

omfg that rhymed too what the hell is wrong with me
    The only difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has a limit. ~Albert Einstein

It's looking like there'll be plenty of RED team hanging out at the con this year! Well, with the exception of my brother the BLU Spy (and unless I missed anyone else saying they were gonna be BLU)...

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    It's looking like there'll be plenty of RED team hanging out at the con this year! Well, with the exception of my brother the BLU Spy (and unless I missed anyone else saying they were gonna be BLU)...
    I would have been doing a BLU Fem!Demo this year, but I couldn't find a nice enough jumpsuit with the right color blue...and for the price, I didn't want to spend a lot of money on fabric

Maybe next year

San Japan Mach 5
    -Vinyl Scratch
    -Gala Pinkie Pie
    -Boy Skylark
    -Tavros Nitram