View Poll Results: What do you think of furries?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am one!

9 25.00%
  • They're ok.

10 27.78%
  • I'm interested in them.

7 19.44%
  • I'm indifferent about them.

4 11.11%
  • I despise furries.

6 16.67%
  • What's a furry??

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Furries~!!

SJ Class pet at your service! >:D Kira_animerawr's Avatar

Talking Furries~!!

Furries for the win!
    If you are a fursuiter, or just a plain furry, please join my group! ^^ (can be located on my profile page).
    I'd also like to know if you have a furaffinity! (because I have one).

And now for the thread:

What do you think about furries?
    What's your favourite animal?
    If you are a furry, what species or kind of furry are you?
    Are you a fursuiter?
    And just add whatever eles you wanna talk about~! ♥

>EDIT (August 5, 2011)<
    I am now officially taking crappy cell phone pics of every furry I can catch up to at SJ4TW!
    If your are fursuiting at SJ4TW I'll probably get a picture of you and post it on the Furries of SJ group page. :3 (Yeah, the group still isn't anything to write home about, but I'm hoping for it to be eventually!)
    http://www.san-japan.org/forum/group.php?groupid=2
    If you are a furry I'll be glad to add you to the group! ^^ <3
    Last edited by Kira_animerawr; 08-05-2011 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampopo View Post
    I honestly know little to nothing beyond what I saw on a episode of National Geographic's Taboo. I can't really form an opinion without knowing much about them.

PANDA!

N/A

Are you a fursuiter?
    Nope. I honestly have no desire to wear a fursuit or any mascot costume. Unless it's a Hello Kitty. But I would like to wear animal inspired outfits one day.

I sometimes think I may inherentley be a furry. I hoard stuffed animals (quite literally) and am more obsessed with them than any person my age should be. I love animals, even enough to become a vegetarian. I like any cute, fluffly, cuddly animal, especially pandas, but also koalas, bears, red pandas, and Hello Kitty if she counts as animal. I also like turtles. Even raccoons. So, that either puts me in the furry category or I'm just someone who really likes animals. I would like to know exactly what a furry is and what do they do, besides the stereotype?

^^ well I could answer any question you have, I am, afterall, not a steryotype furry!
    Any specific questions? :3

Commander of the Rabbit Army happygoldfish's Avatar
    Not too sure what to think of them. I've heard all kinds of stories, but the ones that I have met irl have all been very nice.

Bunnies, horses, possums, the usual stuff XD

n/a

Are you a fursuiter?
    Not as of yet, but am thinking of making anime/gaming-related suits.

And just add whatever else you wanna talk about~! ♥
    I used to work at Six Flags as a costumed character, so that's kinda how I found out about furries. Because of that experience, I have a better mentality toward them than most I think. I don't mind seeing them at anime cons, and some are really awesome to talk to so it's all good. Honestly, I think every type of fandom has some kind of "taboo" associated with it, but the majority aren't like that so that's kinda how I see it.
    Cosplays in the works:
    That one guy from that show and the character from that movie that came out a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by happygoldfish View Post
    Not too sure what to think of them. I've heard all kinds of stories, but the ones that I have met irl have all been very nice.

Bunnies, horses, possums, the usual stuff XD

n/a

Are you a fursuiter?
    Not as of yet, but am thinking of making anime/gaming-related suits.

And just add whatever else you wanna talk about~! ♥
    I used to work at Six Flags as a costumed character, so that's kinda how I found out about furries. Because of that experience, I have a better mentality toward them than most I think. I don't mind seeing them at anime cons, and some are really awesome to talk to so it's all good. Honestly, I think every type of fandom has some kind of "taboo" associated with it, but the majority aren't like that so that's kinda how I see it.
    ^^ D'aw.. I know we were talking last night, but it's still great to hear from people who don't generalize and stereotype. I've met and seen some really great furries. (also met some asses and people I wouldn't want to be near). But for the most part it's great to see more people be interested in furries, and actually meet really cool ones!
    Last San Japan, I met a furry, her Furaffinity username is Taillone, she was really nice. we all did a group howl, and got alot of random people in it. (>=D I take responsibility for that one). ^^ But I was actually suprised how open and nice she was! I really hope to see her again this year (I should drop her a line).

->>http://deadanthro.deviantart.com/art...less-200802489<<-
    This is NOT me. (my username is 10kk)

Past 10 Posts
    After going to Furry Fiesta back in February, I can safely say that they're probably one of the most awesome kind of people I have hung out with. I'm really serious when I say that! My weekend at Furry Fiesta was probably the most fun I've ever had at a convention, and you can bet that I'll be going again next year!

Chinchillas, cats, seals, dolphins, and others I can't remember.

Manbearpig

Are you a fursuiter?
    I make and wear them myself. So I guess the answer would be yes. Though, I'm more of a costume appreciater in general. I always love looking into the the process and methods that go into making them.

I think the paranoia surrounding them is outragious. Some people think of furries like how communists were seen during the red scare sometime. Sure some people go over board but they aren't monsters. Well, most aren't. A lot of people are into or have been exposed to some form or furry fandom and don't realize it. Anyone that's played a Sonic game or watched loony toons. Those are furs. I'm surprised people act as if it's so alien. Animal Farm, one of the great novels parodying government has talking animals, is taught in schools. It's everywhere and I have no problem with it. It does annoy me when others do.

I don't consider myself a furry per say unless you just count general fandom. I don't have a Fursona, or Anthro avatar to represent myself in a virtual sense. But I do draw furs from time to time. Hell, I self publish a Furry Comic Book, "Steam Pets" that has talking dogs. So in that sense then yes, I would be a Furry.

Are you a fursuiter?

One time I did dress up in a pedobear outfit as a joke for SJ2. It was scary/awesome at the same time. I guess that was just with the character itself. I was getting swamped every 5 seconds. It was funny and fun. So when I see the fursuiters I do have a level of respect for them, because I know they are sweating~!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gitz View Post
    After going to Furry Fiesta back in February, I can safely say that they're probably one of the most awesome kind of people I have hung out with. I'm really serious when I say that! My weekend at Furry Fiesta was probably the most fun I've ever had at a convention, and you can bet that I'll be going again next year!

Chinchillas, cats, seals, dolphins, and others I can't remember.

Manbearpig

Are you a fursuiter?
    I make and wear them myself. So I guess the answer would be yes. Though, I'm more of a costume appreciater in general. I always love looking into the the process and methods that go into making them.

^o^ Awesome! I'm so happy that I've finally met another furry! Unfortunatly I have not been to a furry fiesta yet, but I hope very much that I'll be able to go atleast one day this coming year.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrHolm View Post

I think the paranoia surrounding them is outragious. Some people think of furries like how communists were seen during the red scare sometime. Sure some people go over board but they aren't monsters. Well, most aren't. A lot of people are into or have been exposed to some form or furry fandom and don't realize it. Anyone that's played a Sonic game or watched loony toons. Those are furs. I'm surprised people act as if it's so alien. Animal Farm, one of the great novels parodying government has talking animals, is taught in schools. It's everywhere and I have no problem with it. It does annoy me when others do.

I don't consider myself a furry per say unless you just count general fandom. I don't have a Fursona, or Anthro avatar to represent myself in a virtual sense. But I do draw furs from time to time. Hell, I self publish a Furry Comic Book, "Steam Pets" that has talking dogs. So in that sense then yes, I would be a Furry.

Are you a fursuiter?

One time I did dress up in a pedobear outfit as a joke for SJ2. It was scary/awesome at the same time. I guess that was just with the character itself. I was getting swamped every 5 seconds. It was funny and fun. So when I see the fursuiters I do have a level of respect for them, because I know they are sweating~!!!!!!

^^ It's great to hear that stuff! I hope to be able to talk to you alittle more. (I really agree with your first paragraph). ♥

achieving awesomeness since day 1 alycan16's Avatar
    they are ok
    tiger
    wolf
    Are you a fursuiter?
    only ears and tail, i definetly like seeing my bf in ears and a tail

Arriety - 100% done
    Parasoul from Skullgirls- 100% done
    Usagi Tsukino- 100% done
    Princess Peach Masquerade 90% done

Quote Originally Posted by alycan16 View Post
    they are ok
    tiger
    wolf
    Are you a fursuiter?
    only ears and tail, i definetly like seeing my bf in ears and a tail
    ^^ that's still really cool though, to hear that your ok with furries. I hope to see you at san japan? (and perhaps the ooples meetup in July, if I can make it. )

achieving awesomeness since day 1 alycan16's Avatar
    yeah hopefully i can figure out where the meet up is at

Arriety - 100% done
    Parasoul from Skullgirls- 100% done
    Usagi Tsukino- 100% done
    Princess Peach Masquerade 90% done

Quote Originally Posted by alycan16 View Post
    yeah hopefully i can figure out where the meet up is at
    Um, as far as I've heard, they are having one at the Ooples in crossroads mall on July 2nd, at noon.
    I believe it's going to be a snowcone social, or so I've been told. ^^

I think theyre cute ^^ Yes ive heard some really wild crazy stories bout them and also how some ppl consider it ike a fetish thing but hey i wouldnt mind getting it one with a cute guy in a bunny outfit hehe X3

BUNNIES!!! OMG I LOVE THEM <3

I'm not one yet but i would definitely be a Bunny X3 and I'd be named BUN-BUN ^^

Are you a fursuiter?
    No but maybe someday i will be, I love furry things though like tails or like my furry bunny ears hat and black furry boots X3 I know for the past 3 halloweens me and my sister have wanted to dress up as The happy tree friends costumes they sell cuz theyre not fur costumes but theyre mascot type with the full face mask and all and plus when your all covered up like that you can even more crazy and wild cuz you feel that seclusion of not being known or more in character ^^ Hey does pyramid head count as a sortve furry cuz ive cosplayed as him :P

Hmm well kira i would totally love it if you could draw me a furry bunny guy or girl,i know you say you draw furry guys better so thatd be prolly hott hehe <3
    PyramidHeadGirl+Illusion007=PH7 (Haters Gonna Hate)

Quote Originally Posted by pyramidheadgirl View Post
    Hmm well kira i would totally love it if you could draw me a furry bunny guy or girl,i know you say you draw furry guys better so thatd be prolly hott hehe <3
    ;D lol, I'll see what I can do~! (want him BUFF???) >:3

Lol sure why not XD

Quote Originally Posted by pyramidheadgirl View Post
    Lol sure why not XD
    lol, well then, you shall have to text me a description of what basics you want. ;D

CudaŽ

Ah, it's not really for me to judge, but if they enjoy it, it's all that matters. Public will always look down on anything off the beaten path. Just because a fandom has some people with issues, doesn't mean the whole fandom has issues.

House cats, hmm, wolfs and foxes are cool too.

I am totally a two tailed fox XD I wouldn't consider myself a furry, but I do have a tail, wearing it got some of the most odd occurrences with what you would call normal people.

Are you a fursuiter?

Nah, not my style.

Author/Blogger/Podcaster randomizer9's Avatar
    They're ok in my book, it's unfortunate that the public's image of the group is colored by the constant attention being focused on the more, shall we say, 'overenthusiastic' members.

Cats, owls, and bears, oh my

N/A

Are you a fursuiter?
    Nope
    Eduardo "randomizer9" Soliz, Short Story Author
    randomizer9.com

Buns, Pyramidheadgirls' furry. (picture request and development of character)

:P Pyramidheadgirl... likes.. bunnies.

gosh dang hes so cute X3 thank you so much kira ^__^