View Poll Results: What do you think of furries?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am one!

9 25.00%
  • They're ok.

10 27.78%
  • I'm interested in them.

7 19.44%
  • I'm indifferent about them.

4 11.11%
  • I despise furries.

6 16.67%
  • What's a furry??

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Furries~!!

SJ Class pet at your service! >:D Kira_animerawr's Avatar
    lol, no problem. ^^ I'll try to remember to bring it tomarow to the social.. you might have to remind me in the morning, though. (I have a bad habit of forgetting silly things)

->>http://deadanthro.deviantart.com/art...less-200802489<<-
    This is NOT me. (my username is 10kk)

Lets Be Friends Luna-Starbright's Avatar
    Before I answer the questions, my whole thought on "Furries" is that there isn't a very clear description of the term. Some people think if you draw Sonic fanart or have a fan character; you're a furry. Make suits? Furry. Act like a cat? Furry. So, with that said...some people think I am. Some don't. I'm on the fence about the whole thing :B

What do you think about furries?
    + I don't necessarily have a problem with anyone who likes or acts like an animal, or is even interested in the fandom. Just don't bring your drama to me or get me involved! xD
    What's your favourite animal?
    + That's a tough one. Too many to choose from! (Toss up between Bats, Wolfs, Snakes, Platypi, Lungfish, and many other creatures)
    If you are a furry, what species or kind of furry are you?
    + My "fursona" is 1/2 Wolf and 1/2 Bat
    Are you a fursuiter?
    + I have a suit in which I made to poke fun at the fandom. I've worn it a couple of times at Furry Fiesta, as well as some of the parties at my house (You should see the videos lol ). But I don't wear them religiously. I plan on entering a suit into a competition with the LARP I'm in. It'll be a gryphon
    Known as Red Fem!Heavy and Red Demoman~

San Japan Mach 5
    -Vinyl Scratch
    -Gala Pinkie Pie
    -Boy Skylark
    -Tavros Nitram

Quote Originally Posted by Luna-Starbright View Post
    Before I answer the questions, my whole thought on "Furries" is that there isn't a very clear description of the term. Some people think if you draw Sonic fanart or have a fan character; you're a furry. Make suits? Furry. Act like a cat? Furry. So, with that said...some people think I am. Some don't. I'm on the fence about the whole thing :B

+ I don't necessarily have a problem with anyone who likes or acts like an animal, or is even interested in the fandom. Just don't bring your drama to me or get me involved! xD
    + That's a tough one. Too many to choose from! (Toss up between Bats, Wolfs, Snakes, Platypi, Lungfish, and many other creatures)
    + My "fursona" is 1/2 Wolf and 1/2 Bat
    Are you a fursuiter?
    + I have a suit in which I made to poke fun at the fandom. I've worn it a couple of times at Furry Fiesta, as well as some of the parties at my house (You should see the videos lol ). But I don't wear them religiously. I plan on entering a suit into a competition with the LARP I'm in. It'll be a gryphon
    lol, true enough. :P
    (btw, what's LARP?)
    I've drawn a character before that was 1/2 wolf 1/2 bat with a reindeer costume on.. xD it was funny lol. (that was a request from someone on Furaffinity)

Herpderp~ Yup. I am a Lemur.
    In and out of the fandom as of 2009. I just can't seem to keep a fursona~ I've had three so far...
    "Upon watching the Feel Good Inc. video for the 80th time, I finally realized that 2-D and Murdoc are preforming in the midst of what seems to be a gigantic pile of hookers."

Quote Originally Posted by StuPotGurl View Post
    Herpderp~ Yup. I am a Lemur.
    In and out of the fandom as of 2009. I just can't seem to keep a fursona~ I've had three so far...
    ^^ I can understand the indecisiveness.. I still have a hard time staying with mine, Trayton, alot.. the only reason is because he's become so popular with my friends and they don't want him to go.. xD

Tasty Artwork PeanutButterSculpture's Avatar
    What do you think of furries?
    Some are awesome, some not so much. Just like nonfurries.
    What is your favorite animal?
    It'll have to be the Gharial.
    If you are a furry, what is your fursona?
    Angora goat. Was a cobra, once upon a time, but outgrew it.
    Are you a fursuiter?
    I have some fluffy digitigrade hoof stilts and a pair of small horns, so sort of.
    The only difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has a limit. ~Albert Einstein

Furries of SanJapan!

I am now officially taking crappy cell phone pics of every furry I can catch up to at SJ4TW!

If your are fursuiting at SJ4TW I'll probably get a picture of you and post it on the Furries of SJ group page. :3 (Yeah, the group still isn't anything to write home about, but I'm hoping for it to be eventually!)

http://www.san-japan.org/forum/group.php?groupid=2
    If you are a furry I'll be glad to add you to the group! ^^ <3

Hi there. Not a furry, but one that enjoys every kind of costume.

I found this...
    http://en.wikifur.com/w/images/b/b7/...xpressNews.jpg

Personal apologies to all the avid cos-players that could have adorned the front of this newspaper article, and instead had a group of furries/mascots as the face of San Japan. Though it makes me happy to have me and my friends characters published.

Ha!.. i feel sorry for all the "normal" people that were wondering whats going on.
    "A bowtie and speedo counts as a two piece" - Patches

First Time Furry!

This was my first Con and my friends convinced me to get a wolf tail and ears, i thought it was going to be weird at first but I actually really had a blast walking around with the tail on. Apparently I made a good wolf cause people wanted pics. I look forward to meeting other furies and learning more about the culture

Awesome and funny
    Wolf
    Black Wolf
    Are you a fursuiter?
    This was my first time ever putting ona tail and ears but it was so much fun

I have to say, of all the fur suits that I saw, they were all very well done. I hope none of them had too much trouble from other attendees or themselves caused any trouble.

I you too, Kira, I didn't have time to say Hi because everyone was busy. But, Hi!!

Is Only Half Evil BleachAnimeFreak1980's Avatar
    Well, I too don't know much about it. Though from what I've seen at the conventions and on DA, I really like what I've seen so far.

I have a few I love including the Wolf and Tiger

N/A

Are you a fursuiter?
    I don't consider myself one....yet, lol. Maybe one day. Unless you count Kon from Bleach. I cosplay as him whenever I can, lol.
    "I do not envy the headache that you will have when you awake, but till then, sleep well and dream of large women."

Quote Originally Posted by SexyNeoWolfBoy99 View Post
    Awesome and funny
    Wolf
    Black Wolf
    Are you a fursuiter?
    This was my first time ever putting ona tail and ears but it was so much fun
    I'm glad you liked the tast of furry-dom! It's awesome to hear about people who are interested! <3

Quote Originally Posted by ChrHolm View Post
    I have to say, of all the fur suits that I saw, they were all very well done. I hope none of them had too much trouble from other attendees or themselves caused any trouble.

I you too, Kira, I didn't have time to say Hi because everyone was busy. But, Hi!!
    Aww, ^^ lol, thank you and Hi back!
    I had talked to one of the other fursuiters there, she was doing a panda, and her suit got kinda jacked up. Apparently hers had a moving jaw, and someone that didn't know what a furry was came up and grabbed the jaw and shook her head by it and it screwed up the jaw. Which really freakin sucks cuz that mechanism is really hard to fix and she had recieved the suit as a gift.

Quote Originally Posted by BleachAnimeFreak1980 View Post
    Well, I too don't know much about it. Though from what I've seen at the conventions and on DA, I really like what I've seen so far.

I have a few I love including the Wolf and Tiger

N/A

Are you a fursuiter?
    I don't consider myself one....yet, lol. Maybe one day. Unless you count Kon from Bleach. I cosplay as him whenever I can, lol.
    It's great to hear that you are interested! ^^

Inner Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by Kira_animerawr View Post
    I'm glad you liked the tast of furry-dom! It's awesome to hear about people who are interested! <3
    Yeah i would love to get in touch more with my inner wolf furry anyone wanna help haha? and Kira thanks for being so inviting into the culture!
    Neo Wolf 99

Wolfize me?

Quote Originally Posted by Kira_animerawr View Post
    :P Pyramidheadgirl... likes.. bunnies.

Where can i comission or ask someone to draw me in like furry wolf form? i would really really love that. Like for an artist to get to know me then draw their impression you know?
    Neo Wolf 99

Author/Blogger/Podcaster randomizer9's Avatar
    Where can i comission or ask someone to draw me in like furry wolf form? i would really really love that. Like for an artist to get to know me then draw their impression you know?
    I'd say check out some local art shows. If you're in San Antonio, ArtSlam happens about every month http://artslamsa.com and then there is our next Mezasu Mini-Con coming September 17, some of the artists that were at San Japan will be there (and a few that couldn't make it!) http://www.firststormmanga.com/index...ezasu-mini-con
    Eduardo "randomizer9" Soliz, Short Story Author
    randomizer9.com

I could at some point if you are interested.. :P If you want something nicer than just a sketchy thing like Buns, You'd have to commission me.. lol. ^^ (I DO do commissions).