Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling all Musicians!

Calling all Musicians!

Last year I sat around playing my ocarina most of the day, but I'd definitely like to jam with other people this year. Anybody else bringing instruments? And if yes, what do you play?

Here's a clip of me playing Touhou's Bad Apple at AX 2011!
      Spoiler: Bad Apple 

CudaŽ
    Hi DonJazz! I missed you last year, but I hope to bring my guitar again this year. Not sure on an amp yet though.

And yes, I do know Ocarina of Time music!

Regularly Showing Up SonicRenegade84's Avatar
    I don't know any OoT music, but I do have an acoustic guitar (and a keyboard :P) and i'd love to play some music with some fine folks.

Awesome! And let's not limit ourselves to OoT music...believe me, I get enough requests for that, lol. Just tell me what you guys want to play from any game, anime, or whatever and I'll do my best to learn it!

To give you an idea how the ocarina sounds on non-Zelda stuff, here's some other stuff I've played in the past:

Princess Mononoke: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOiMC6BJZ08
    Chocobo Theme (Final Fantasy): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8m3TIkSHiU
    Brajta (FMA): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9O2ldC49hs
    Sadness and Sorrow (Naruto): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIe9f1jl_2c

And just for kicks, here I am playing a zelda tune :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQjzbi_7r2I
    Last edited by Docjazz4; 07-08-2011 at 04:46 PM.

CudaŽ
    I'm all about video game music and anime openings! I know the OoT Shop song and the Chocob songs. I'm more of a metroid player myself though. Also, Desceendnts of Erdrick will be there, so you totallt should find them and talk with them.

Time Lord Notorious KittyAnne7152's Avatar
    Alas, trombone will not be coming with me. A wee bit hefty, that is, and not something that I'd want to see hurt or stolen...
    Sounds like it's going to an awesome jam session though!

SJ Mach V, tentative ideas.
    Idris, the TARDIS- Doctor Who | Pip Bernadotte- Hellsing Ultimate |The Tenth Doctor- Doctor Who

Aww, trombone would've been an attention getter for sure :P I'll see if I can bring some small instruments like egg shakers or bongo drum for instrumentalists who want to jump in real quick. Any violinists attending? That would be pretty epic to jam with XD

EDIT: And a beat boxer. Could definitely use some sweet beatboxing, lol.
    Last edited by Docjazz4; 07-09-2011 at 05:07 PM.

I have an oboe...of course I need to get it back from storage...which I can try asking. Also a baritone...but I'm not sure if I'd be able to bring any of them. I could try asking. Um...if there's any songs...if you could get me the music I could try playing them. -shrugs- But yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by DaRk-x-sMiLe View Post
    I have an oboe...of course I need to get it back from storage...which I can try asking. Also a baritone...but I'm not sure if I'd be able to bring any of them. I could try asking. Um...if there's any songs...if you could get me the music I could try playing them. -shrugs- But yeah...
    XD that's amazing, I used to play the baritone in band in High School.

Are there any songs that you guys already know that the rest of us could practice? I know a bunch of video game and Studio Ghibili tunes, as well as a few anime intros. Feel free to toss some suggestions out!

CudaŽ
    Should i make some sheet music and share it on here?

If someone knows how to play the lead to this pokemon theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvKoBnv96PM) I can play the rhythm section.

CudaŽ
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicRenegade84 View Post
    If someone knows how to play the lead to this pokemon theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvKoBnv96PM) I can play the rhythm section.
    Not to be nitpicking, but there are two tracks to that lead, a melody and a harmony. Uh..I do kinda know the harmony part, but I could upload a pdf tab to look at.

Bah, I look to have a ton on my plate, but I can always make a tab in seconds, so when I get home I will make a list of stuff and see what all everyone would like to do.

Also, I think if we set a time and place, it would be really helpful, last year I just wandered from place to place with my guitar, ran into a couple people with instruments, but never ran into DocJazz.

Sheet music would be awesome and I can play the lead to the pokemon theme. Time and place is a good idea, too. I'm pretty much free 10am-1:15pm on Saturday, up to 2:30pm if I decide to skip a panel. What about you guys?

Spoiler: List of Songs I Know Well 
    • Every Ocarina of Time song, lol
    • Most majora's mask songs
    • Chocobo Theme (FF)
    • Cosmo Canyon (FF VII)
    • Still Alive (Portal)
    • Super Mario Bros Theme
    • Overworld Theme (Super Mario World)
    • Pokemon Center
    • Bike Road Theme (Pokemon)
    • Theme A (Tetris)
    • Overworld Theme (Super Mario Bros 2)
    • Ai No Uta (pikmin)
    • Green Green's (Kirby)
      ------------------------------
    • Brajta (FMA)
    • Sadness and Sorrow (Naruto)
    • Blue Bird (Naruto Shippuden)
    • Lillium (Elfen Lied)
    • Pokemon Theme (American Intro)
    • Alones (Bleach)
    • Ponyo Theme
    • Totoro Theme
    • Princess Mononoke Theme
    • Itsumo Nando Demo/Always with Me (Spirited Away)
    • Laputa: Castle in the Sky Theme
    • Toeto (Vocaloid)
    • Bad Apple (Touhou Project)

Quote Originally Posted by Totakeke View Post
    Not to be nitpicking, but there are two tracks to that lead, a melody and a harmony. Uh..I do kinda know the harmony part, but I could upload a pdf tab to look at.
    Actually, as far as that beginning part until they head into the actual song, I can cover on the guitar. It's just after that that someone would have to play the melody and harmony part of the lead.

Does anyone know any vocaloid stuff? I'm working on Hatsune Miku's "Last Night, Good night", which would sound awesome with guitar and ocarina (plus any other instruments for lead/harmonies)! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiQC9WCgmIA

I have the sheet music/chords for it if anyone like to practice it. The song is in D major, so the chords are super easy.

One-trick Pony Cosplayer IsaxxSaix's Avatar

Cool Do vocalists count? XDD

I play piano, but I get too nervous in front of other people when I don't know the piece very well ^^; And singing I can do if I've heard the song at least twice and can look at the lyrics. Pokemon I can DEFINITELY do!! I love Pokemon like no tomorrow ♥♥♥

And DocJazz, I SO didn't know you were in San Antonio!! Man, if I'd known that... Well, i don't know what I would've done LOLOL.

Here are a few songs that I can think of
    Reset by Hirahara Ayaka from Okami the video game
    Simple and Clean by Utada Hikaru
    Michiyuki from Loveless the Anime
    For Fruits Basket from Fruits Basket, such a cute song, a lot of people would recognize it! ♥

I know some Vocaloid songs, too, like Last Night, Good Night :P

Also Kokoro (OMGMYFAVORITE ;A; ), and a few others
    There aren't any tabs for Reset, sadly, though it's a REALLY GOOD SONG!!

Vocalists totally count! Awesome that you know those Vocaloid songs too xD Would you happen to know "Fly Me to the Moon" from Neon Genesis Evangelion? That would be awesome for guitar, ocarina, and voice! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1ruDaAthnU

BTW, do you have any samples of your singing like on Youtube or Facebook? I'd love to see what your voice is like

(Just a minor nit-pick...Fly Me to the Moon predates Evangelion by about four decades. While it has been used for the anime, you can really thank Johnny Mathis for popularizing it in 1956.)

While I do play guitar, I'm not really versed on anime or game music, so I probably shouldn't bring it along. However, i'd love to listen if I know where and when ya'll will be playing!

One-trick Pony Cosplayer IsaxxSaix's Avatar
    DOC! I LOVE THAT SONG!!! My grandma and I always sing it on Karaoke 8D

And yes, yes I do. Only one song since I'm way too shy to post stuff of JUST me singing XD;; I've hated the way my voice sounded up until recently >v>;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SdYq1TNoSU One of Billy Joel's earlier songs in his career. John Jay Mustang Chorale ftw! > I'm the Soloist btw XD;;