Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calling all Musicians!

Quote Originally Posted by kimei View Post
    (Just a minor nit-pick...Fly Me to the Moon predates Evangelion by about four decades. While it has been used for the anime, you can really thank Johnny Mathis for popularizing it in 1956.)
    Ha, sorry about that. I'm a huge fan of Mathis and Sinatra and only referenced Evangelion because...well, it's an anime/cosplaying/gaming forum What style of music do you play? We could totally play other stuff than anime/gaming tunes!

@PMIsaxxSaix - Aww, you have a pretty voice! Are you a mezzo or soprano?

One-trick Pony Cosplayer IsaxxSaix's Avatar
    oh, here's a GREAT song!! We need a drummer, but hey, this is a really really great song everyone can enjoy! 8D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q6yg...&feature=inbox

XD Thanks i'm a mezzo I have a pretty broad range since i've been having lessons since i was a wee girl XD

Regularly Showing Up SonicRenegade84's Avatar
    I will be bringing my guitar even if I don't know any songs you guys might know since there's a chance i'll need to use it for the Ani-Idol show on Sunday. What songs would you like for me to learn for the time being?

Quote Originally Posted by SonicRenegade84 View Post
    What songs would you like for me to learn for the time being?
    Any of the songs I mentioned in this thread and/or the songs we've been discussing the last few posts like Fly Me to the Moon (preferably in Am). Also the songs below...

@IsaxxSaix - Do you know any Studio Ghibli tunes (in English or Japanese)? Itsumo Nando Demo and the Laputa: Castle in the Sky theme would sound amazing with guitar, voice, and ocarina! This is going to be so cool.

Doc, I could totally learn them! Probably English since I have a better chance of memorizing them XD; Can't wait! </writes down the songs she needs to listen to before San Japan> And that includes Ani Idol! Sonic Renegade, good luck with the auditions when they come up

Quote Originally Posted by IsaxxSaix View Post
    Doc, I could totally learn them! Probably English since I have a better chance of memorizing them XD; Can't wait! </writes down the songs she needs to listen to before San Japan> And that includes Ani Idol! Sonic Renegade, good luck with the auditions when they come up
    Thanks, but i'll actually be judging. I'm just performing in the All Stars show. I will accept bribes in the form of anime, though. XD

ah I see XDD Though.. I'm not sure how that kind of bribing could be applied LOL.

Good news, everyone! (yes, please read this like i'm the professor from Futurama)

I just learned how to play "Still Alive" on the guitar. Therefore, prepare for a massive sing-along at SJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Docjazz4 View Post
    Any of the songs I mentioned in this thread and/or the songs we've been discussing the last few posts like Fly Me to the Moon (preferably in Am). Also the songs below...

@IsaxxSaix - Do you know any Studio Ghibli tunes (in English or Japanese)? Itsumo Nando Demo and the Laputa: Castle in the Sky theme would sound amazing with guitar, voice, and ocarina! This is going to be so cool.
    Still Alive - Done.
    FMTTM in Am - Done.
    Pokemon theme - Done.

What else?

Morning Sky from Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles? ?

Quote Originally Posted by SonicRenegade84 View Post
    Still Alive - Done.
    FMTTM in Am - Done.
    Pokemon theme - Done.

What else?
    Dang dude, you're a beast! xD

For the love of Pikachu, pleeeeease learn "Last Night, Good Night"! (in D major) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hlADpxjj0s

I'll PM you the guitar chords later tonight. Fly me to the moon is also a must

Alright then. BTW, Isaxx, I hate you. The beginning to Morning Sky is so confusing! XD

BTW you all have the other instruments learned for these songs right? I can't do much of anything besides chords.

I'm sorry, Renegade! The intro wasn't quite made for your every day guitar, so you can variate using the base chord XD;; Do your best! And sadly, I can only sing, no drums or anything :c if a drummer can come along, that would totally be awesome!

That's cool, yo. As long as someone knows the song XD.

CudaŽ
    Sorry I have been busy busting my butt to get songs ready for a show the weekend after SJ, haven't had much time for anything else. Plus, my acoustic that was given to me got taken back! Ah I do have an electric, but uh, dunno about an amp...I doubt they will let me plug in my 112 haha, and I sure don't wanna lug a 40 pound amp for nothing. I will still try to figure something out.

Quote Originally Posted by Totakeke View Post
    Sorry I have been busy busting my butt to get songs ready for a show the weekend after SJ, haven't had much time for anything else. Plus, my acoustic that was given to me got taken back! Ah I do have an electric, but uh, dunno about an amp...I doubt they will let me plug in my 112 haha, and I sure don't wanna lug a 40 pound amp for nothing. I will still try to figure something out.
    If you promise to show, I got a small amp that you can use. I'm going to be using acoustic so it's all good. Either that, or I have a small acoustic you can use.

Song Update:

If anyone knows how to play your instrument part to "Brave Song" from Angel Beats, I would love to play that at San Japan.

Wow, that is an awesome song. I'll definitely start working on it. I might bring a small bongo drum and maybe an eggshaker to so we can throw some percussion in the mix xD