Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Calling all Musicians!

Regularly Showing Up SonicRenegade84's Avatar
    If anyone wants to reach me or Doc for a place to jam, here's my facebook. I'm always there so it's the #1 reliable source.

CudaŽ
    Expect an add from Barry Edward Bellomy.

We had a last minute panel drop out so on Sunday, Panel Room 4, 1PM-2PM, it will be called Jam Session. Just a 1 hour block where you can do anything music-wise. Be sure to bring your instruments and something to hook up to a soundboard.
    In Charge Of The Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Proz View Post
    We had a last minute panel drop out so on Sunday, Panel Room 4, 1PM-2PM, it will be called Jam Session. Just a 1 hour block where you can do anything music-wise. Be sure to bring your instruments and something to hook up to a soundboard.
    Awesome! And dang! I was only planning to be there Saturday If there's a cancelation on Saturday, can we have another jam session then as well? lol.
    San Japan: Mach 5 Featured Panelist
    YouTube | Facebook | Twitter

Unhappy

XD holy crap, you set it right at a time where i'm free! Thank you, Proz.

Does anyone else play ukulele? I have one and might bring it, but I'll probably be playing my ocarinas more if anyone else would like to use it.

I'll be working security but if i can get it off i'll help with any sound equipment in the room
    "A bowtie and speedo counts as a two piece" - Patches

CudaŽ
    Hmm, you can expect me, my 7string Tele and amp there on Sunday. Fo Sho. I could bring my bass amp too, if anyone wants to bring their bass. I have a sur sm58 mic too, and ah, that's about it. I may also bring my ipod loaded with some of my bands backing tracks and show off what we will be doing at game over. Just a smalltaste though, I really want to have a free style jam more than anything.

DANG IT. Now I really might have to go on Sunday :/

Proz...if I play you an awesome song on Saturday with my ocarina, can I attend the Jam Session on Sunday without a pass?

btw when you say "something to plug into the soundboard", do you mean like an amp cable or something?

CudaŽ
    Basically, but if you have a Pod/Zoom/digitech/ etc multi-effects pedal or something like that, that will work wonders for your sound, otherwise, it wont sound great, unless you have an acoustic electric with built in pre-amp. Then an XLR cable is the best way to go.

That's alright. My electric is a 200 dollar cheapy that sound great for punk style rock so I'm good with it sounding like crap since most punk sounds like that to begin with xD.

Just a reminder guys: I'm going to be there on SATURDAY starting at 10AM. Can't make it Sunday after all Looking forward to jamming with y'all!

CudaŽ
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicRenegade84 View Post
    That's alright. My electric is a 200 dollar cheapy that sound great for punk style rock so I'm good with it sounding like crap since most punk sounds like that to begin with xD.
    I cants helps it, I'm a tones chaser.

Quote Originally Posted by Docjazz4 View Post
    Just a reminder guys: I'm going to be there on SATURDAY starting at 10AM. Can't make it Sunday after all Looking forward to jamming with y'all!
    Shame man, I doubt I will bring anything on Saturday, Sunday I probably will, but I'm just worried about dragging my stuff around and don't really have a place to leave it. PLUS, I really don't want people hounding me to play my guitar like last year. I won't be as willing as last year.

CudaŽ
    Everyone come check this out tomorrow. I will try to pack extra cables and such. Bring your bass, guitars, ocarinas, flutes,lute and maracas. Haha

I will try to match up with what you all can play, but I'm likely to go off on some Metroid seing as it is the 25th aniversary tomorrow. Feel free to ask me guitar mantenance tips later and just talk shop about gear and tube types and anything musical related. I make no promises to be the greatest guitarist, but do have a passion for everything musical.

CudaŽ
    Sonic, you stole my pick XP

Ah, the jam session went ok, wish more people had shown up, but maybe next year Proz can schedule it earlier and I can bring more stuff for people to use. I know Jay had asked if I had any amps for the Loliholix to use on Friday, and I didn't have any with me, but wouldn't mind using my stuff for the jam sessions and backline for bands. Just throwing that offer out there, and I do want to say thank you for letting us use the room and time slot for the jam.

DocJazz. You are an awesome musician and it was a pleasure meeting you and hearing you play on Saturday.

Yeah, really wish I could've been there today guys Even though I couldn't make it, thanks to Proz for letting us have the room and I really hope it can be scheduled in next year!

But I had lot of fun playing yesterday and it was to meet Totakeke and IsaxxSaix Does anyone have video of me playing?

epslion
    i kinda posted this late but i play a little guitar but most of the music i make is computer generated music via software called flstudio 9

i really only make orchistral music and most of it is rpg battle themes
    i am.... what i am.... nothing more.....

CudaŽ
    I use FL as well. Good stuff, link some samples of your work? Please!