Thread: Tentacle Guy Photoshoot Sign-up

Tentacle Guy Photoshoot Sign-up

**Update**

All slots are now reserved.

Hey everyone, I'll be doing scheduled shoots at San Japan again this year, but with a few changes.

First, the underwater photo sessions are over. It is far too expensive to set-up for the amount of interest it generated, and having scuba gear and a camera around a swimming pool, according to the hotel, somehow makes me a terrorist child molester.

Second, I'm only doing a limited number of scheduled shoots and I'm going to be picky about them. This doesn't mean I won't take your picture or do a few fun and interesting shots of you or your group, I just want to focus my time and energy on quality rather than quantity. That, and the last couple of years I've been standing around waiting on people who don't show up, and woah, boring.

So, if you want to sign up, post in here with your name, if you want individuals or groups, the character/series and a bit about what moods/concepts/themes you want to explore with the photos. Shoots will be scheduled for an hour, but will go longer or shorter as necessary.

Meeting locations and other detailed will be hashed out via e-mail, PM, or text after you sign up.

Saturday:

10am: Angii - Yusei Fudo - Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds

2pm: Ashbee - Nia Teppelin - Gurren Lagann

4pm: minimoni96 - Magnet!Hatsune Miku - Vocaloid

Sunday:

1pm: Torakiji - Group TBD

3pm: KittyAnne7152 - Dean Venture/Triana Orpheus - Venture Brothers
    Last edited by squidflakes; 07-11-2011 at 10:10 PM.

mm what about a wonderland shoot at 3 on sunday?
    Alice, from alice in wonderland
    One person
    Theme...? I'm thinking some shots on the brighter side, more like the animated disney one and less like the new Tim Burtan one.
    Last edited by kagamine_twins; 07-09-2011 at 10:53 PM.

If I could, could I nab the 10 AM Saturday slot? c:
    Name: Angii
    Character: Yusei Fudo from Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds (Individual Shots)
    Mood: Kinda thinking of a a mixture of angsty, darker shots, and a few inspirational "hope for another day" shots.
    Concept/Theme: "Leaving the dark past to carve a better and brighter future for everybody"

Figured putting both of those would help with clarity. ^^;
    San Japan Sinister 6 Cosplays:
    Photon Mode!Kaito Tenjo - Yu-Gi-Oh!ZeXal
    Hope Estheim - Final Fantasy XIII/XIII-2/Lightning Returns
    Rapunzel - Tangled (Short Hair version)
    Armin Arlert - Shingeki No Kyojin

IS THIS THE REALITY YOU WANTED?! minimoni96's Avatar
    may i have the saturday at 4pm slot? ^.^
    name: minimoni96
    character: magnet!hatsune miku from vocaloid
    mood: maybe something like a lonely yet sweet set of pics.
    theme/concept: "i'm stuck to you like a magnet"
    ~J-chan's Cosplay Plans for San Japan Mach 5~
    Sandplay Singing of the Dragon!Megurine Luka - VOCALOID
    Serah Farron - Final Fantasy XIII
    Aqua - Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
    Ukraine - Axis Powers Hetalia

Forever shall support SerahxSnow, MikuxLen, UkrainexCanada, and LukaxGakupo. <3

squiddy! It's renee My group's going to san japan this year, can we sign up for a slot on sunday? (hopefully 1pm)

name: Renee
    group: Pokemon Gym Leaders (or death note, just in case)
    if it's pokemon...well...generally finding some way to enhance the epicness of the gym leaders? Sort of like...epic poses. And bright! (not like happy, but color friendly)
    or if it's deathnote, more of a dark feel, high contrasted/evil theme.

Thanks for scheduling stuff like this~

May I have the 2pm Saturday slot?
    Name: Ashley
    Character: Nia Teppelin from Gurren Lagann (the younger version)
    Mood/Theme: Something really light and airy, she's really sweet and innocent so I wanna get that in the photos.
    I'm not really sure if I have a concrete concept I want, but just something pretty and light!
    Thank you!!

i dont care much for any particular time slot, but my boy and I are doing nyan cat and tacnayn
    http://www.wyzant.com/scholarships/v...Austin-TX.aspx
    Vote and help me earn a scholarship to make college affordable!

Quote Originally Posted by kagamine_twins View Post
    mm what about a wonderland shoot at 3 on sunday?
    Alice, from alice in wonderland
    One person
    Theme...? I'm thinking some shots on the brighter side, more like the animated disney one and less like the new Tim Burtan one.
    I'm sorry, I understand that you're trying to get your cousin a shoot, but its hard trying to coordinate something though a mediator. I'm going to have to say no. However, I'd be glad to take a few good shots if you catch me walking around. Look for the giant red squid.

Quote Originally Posted by Angii View Post
    If I could, could I nab the 10 AM Saturday slot? c:
    Name: Angii
    Character: Yusei Fudo from Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds (Individual Shots)
    Ok, I looked at your previous shots and I like the costume. I'm not familiar with much Yu-Gi-Oh beyond the Demon Beaver and the Unabridged stuff, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoni96 View Post
    may i have the saturday at 4pm slot? ^.^
    name: minimoni96
    character: magnet!hatsune miku from vocaloid
    As I said in the PM, I'm not a huge fan of the Magnet costumes, but I'm willing to take this on as a challenge. Answer my PM when you get the chance and we'll talk about a few ideas I've had.

Quote Originally Posted by torakiji View Post
    squiddy! It's renee My group's going to san japan this year, can we sign up for a slot on sunday? (hopefully 1pm)
    I owe you a shot from previous cons, so yes. Figure out which costumes first and let me know ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods Mistress View Post
    i dont care much for any particular time slot, but my boy and I are doing nyan cat and tacnayn
    I'm going to pass on that. Hit me up in the hallway if you want a few shots though.

Time Lord Notorious KittyAnne7152's Avatar
    Darn, all the Saturday spots are taken, and that's the day I'm being the Doctor! Ah well, I suppose the squid eating my face as the Doctor was awesome enough, and I was one of those people you had to stand around waiting for who didn't show up last year... (I swear, we went up and down every hallway several times, we just couldn't find you! But it was entirely my fault, I had the wrong place written down to meet you at).

But Sunday though, I am interested in. 3pm. It would be me as Dean Venture and my friend as Triana Orpheus, from the Venture Bros., if you're familiar with the show. If not, I can supply pictures, YouTube clips, etc. I think a good theme for the shoot would probably be Dean desperately trying to impress Triana, but epically failing. And him being scared of mundane objects, and her just rolling her eyes at him... Definitely a humorous shoot, as the series is, well... A comedy. I am running a panel that ends at 3 though, so there is a slight chance I'd be a minute or so late if it ran over. I don't expect it to however, if anything it might end early, because it's mainly a meet n' greet sort of panel.
    So, are you interested? If not, I'll just see you around!

SJ Mach V, tentative ideas.
    Idris, the TARDIS- Doctor Who | Pip Bernadotte- Hellsing Ultimate |The Tenth Doctor- Doctor Who

IS THIS THE REALITY YOU WANTED?! minimoni96's Avatar
    i sent you a PM about the magnet photoshoot. ^o^
    ~J-chan's Cosplay Plans for San Japan Mach 5~
    Sandplay Singing of the Dragon!Megurine Luka - VOCALOID
    Serah Farron - Final Fantasy XIII
    Aqua - Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
    Ukraine - Axis Powers Hetalia

Forever shall support SerahxSnow, MikuxLen, UkrainexCanada, and LukaxGakupo. <3

Quote Originally Posted by KittyAnne7152 View Post
    It would be me as Dean Venture and my friend as Triana Orpheus
    I've always loved the Venture Brothers and I think we could get a good dynamic going between the two of you, so yeah. GO TEAM VENTURE!

Squiddy! Sorry for the late response ;P we're doing pokemon for Sunday, is that cool?

Cool with me